ukswrath

To chatter or not to chatter

In this discussion we'll be discussing TK chatter, communication or loops. Have at it peeps and please keep it civil. 

Personally I don't believe I have heard any chatter in the OT movies, usually coms too or from a TK is one to one.

Personally I don't believe I have heard any chatter in the OT movies, usually coms too or from a TK is one to one.

Thank you! It’s cool for TKs to talk to one another but there’s no background noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So when the the TK tells Vader in A New Hope "The Death Star plans are not in the main computer", or when one says to another "There's one set for stun", what do you want to call that?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frank75139 said:

Chatter is for TDs

All you`ve done for a while now is chatter and you are a TK!

Last joke, I promise

• Like 3

All you`ve done for a while now is chatter and you are a TK!

Last joke, I promise

touché

• Like 1

So when the the TK tells Vader in A New Hope "The Death Star plans are not in the main computer", or when one says to another "There's one set for stun", what do you want to call that?

That’s TKs talking to Vader or to each other it’s not back ground noise. I’m a police officer I share a police channel with 2 other townships. When those townships talk it’s background noise “chatter” cause it doesn’t involve me. When they call my Township it’s a direct communication.

Let’s just agree Matt’s the bad guy here for starting all this. Lol

• Like 1

That’s TKs talking to Vader or to each other it’s not back ground noise. I’m a police officer I share a police channel with 2 other townships. When those townships talk it’s background noise “chatter” cause it doesn’t involve me. When they call my Township it’s a direct communication.

Ok I see where you're coming from. Here's in the US chatter is communication between anyone on coms. 

• Like 1

Or at least that's how I've always understood it.

This is why they call them TK, TD or TB loops. Loops of communication and sometime indistinct noises in the back ground thrown in.

• Like 1

Ok I see where you're coming from. Here's in the US chatter is communication between anyone on coms. 

It’s honestly up to the individual. And seriously I just like messing with Matt and mean no harm (my wife thinks you guys are gonna kick me out). But being a police officer I see chatter as background noise that doesn’t pertain to me. I could honestly care less who uses it, it’s all about having fun. I don’t use it cause I feel it’s a TD thing but far be it from me to stop someone. I would troop with them, hopefully I’ll get to troop with Matt soon.

• Like 1

And for the record I love in Pennsylvania.

It’s honestly up to the individual. And seriously I just like messing with Matt and mean no harm (my wife thinks you guys are gonna kick me out). But being a police officer I see chatter as background noise that doesn’t pertain to me. I could honestly care less who uses it, it’s all about having fun. I don’t use it cause I feel it’s a TD thing but far be it from me to stop someone. I would troop with them, hopefully I’ll get to troop with Matt soon.

Dude you're totally fine. No worries. We're all enjoying a nice informative convo. 

And for the record I love in Pennsylvania.

Never been there lol

Never been there lol

Well consider this an open invitation, come to Pennsylvania, I’m right outside Philly. If your around let me know.

Just now, Frank75139 said:

Well consider this an open invitation, come to Pennsylvania, I’m right outside Philly. If your around let me know.

Copy that (mic break) 

I'm in Columbus Ohio so if your heading this way might as well pick me up and we can all enjoy some cheese steaks and chit chat about chatter

• Like 3

I'm in Columbus Ohio so if your heading this way might as well pick me up and we can all enjoy some cheese steaks and chit chat about chatter

I’m in!

LOL! This is the funniest debate ever. A debate about “chatter.” See, Frank, the word Chatter can be used as a verb AND a noun. def3f12b63d6adf87877ecd6c39d8c23.pngWhen I say, “TKs chatter,” I’m saying that they chit-chat about trivial things. And yes, their banter gets picked up on radio frequencies that the TDS hear. You are saying that the TDs are hearing the TK chatter/conversation. It your sentence, “TKs don’t Chatter”, well, that’s just wrong. Because they DO chatter- as a verb.

But, what you’re trying to say is, “TKs don’t have access to the chatter the Sandies have”, well, that’s a different point. You’re saying that they don’t hear the same things the TDs have- that their helmet radios don’t work the same. So, essentially TK Bob and TK Hank are having a talk about something, and no other TK in the universe can hear them over the comm system, but all TDs in proximity can overhear them over the radios.....

In any event, I’m using that file tomorrow, so there!

Definition of chatter. 1 : the action or sound of chattering. 2 : idle talk : prattle. 3 : electronic and especially radio communication between individuals engaged in a common or related form of activity; also : such chatter regarding future hostile activities.

Definition of chatter. 1 : the action or sound of chattering. 2 : idle talk : prattle. 3 : electronic and especially radio communication between individuals engaged in a common or related form of activity; also : such chatter regarding future hostile activities.

Ok, so Glenn, Frank says I, as a TK, should not play the “TK Chatter” file as “TKs don’t Chatter”....but, aside from them having poor aim and armor that doesn’t protect them from squat, they chatter all the time- that’s what they do.

But what I think he’s saying is that TKs don’t overhear other TKs chattering but only TDs get to overhear them....do you agree with Frank, or, do you agree with me, Tony, and Swede- that TKs DO Chatter (talk about trivial things) and probably can overhear each other on the radio too?

I mean Frank- TDs don’t really have different communication systems than TKs....don’t all storm and sandtroopers all communicate via the same radio system?

Besides, there’s no “TD Chatter” cuz they’re spread out in the desert with nobody to talk to other than the Dewbacks they ride on.

Let’s see....who here thinks TKs have the same communication system as TDs and theoretically hear other TK chatter? That it’s not just Sandtroopers overhearing TKs.....?

All sounds pretty much one too one talk to me ;)