Holster Attachment:

Jason,

You just beat me to it!!.....that's the photo I was going to post :D

Leigh

I hope that answers your question?, .....plain and unpainted

But,...a few people do paint them white even though its not strickly screen accurate :)

So, ehm. Stormtroopers have 2?, but Han and Luke had 4?. dammit, should have added only 2 to my belt then.

Uhm, another thing I wonder.... I see some having their straps of the belt attached in the front of the holster, some have them attached from behind, some have the straps in brown, others in black.... which one suits for a standard stormtrooper`?

If we are talking about the troopers on screen, then they have the holster straps behind their belts. Some straps are natural tan on the back side and the leather not dyed all the way through. The reason they look tan is because you are actually seeing the back side of the strap. The straps were originally loops and they cut them down and riveted them to the belts instead of looping them on their. The holsters must have slipped around or they just made them more secure for filming, I can only guess, and I think the only reason Han and Luke had four rivets is probably because they are the only ones who holstered their weapons.

Yeah, I could also easily figure out why some are tan, as like you say, they weren't dyed on the inside... but I wonder which color I should go with on my straps?... tan or black, which is most common?. Seeing some elites here on the board, most seem to have black. but my guess would be to have the natural tan color.

meh, nvm, I'll keep it black :)

dammit, while typing the above, a mosquito "bit" me....

De_Havilland_Mosquito-DK338-1942.jpg

de Havilland Mosquito

If it was one of these then thats got to hurt :blink:

Yup, it was one of those. They look bigger on picture than they actually are. I just handslapped it and threw it in the toilet.

Yeah, I could also easily figure out why some are tan, as like you say, they weren't dyed on the inside... but I wonder which color I should go with on my straps?... tan or black, which is most common?. Seeing some elites here on the board, most seem to have black. but my guess would be to have the natural tan color.

meh, nvm, I'll keep it black :)

dammit, while typing the above, a mosquito "bit" me....

All my holsters come with "natural tan" leather straps

All my holsters come with "natural tan" leather straps

My FX holster was dyed black inside and outside, no natural tan anywhere, but could easily get the natural tan to show if I sandpaper a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

Is the holster straps attached from behind the belt and the holster, in the picture of luke on the first page his looks attached from behind on the holster aswell?

Dont want to get this wrong <_<

Over the past week or so I've been racking my brain to find a way of attaching the holster...

I didn't want to go the rivet route, as I wanted it removable...

Couldn't find any of those threaded post bolts anywhere here in the UK.. so had to think of an alternative.....

Here's the result ; (click the pic for bigger version)

2495568010045854696bbhfib_th.jpg

Any idea what they are ?? I thought they made a good alternative. :D