Hydraken’s ANH stunt build AM 2.0

Holy crap it’s here!! Nervous and excited at the same time! Can’t wait to get started, just gotta keep my 2 year old away from it! Lol this will be my first build, so I’m definitely open to any and all advice/suggestions!! Thanks all!

https://imgur.com/a/8XIwUdj2ef5e58dd4eb33c4e5ce3c03aa729d42.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best of luck, take your time and enjoy the journey

• Like 2

Congrats on your BBB day!

Good luck on your build!  Before you cut anything, read through a few builds (if you have not done so already).  Post lots of pictures and ask lots of questions.

And most of all, enjoy it!  It won't always be easy, but it will be rewarding.

Oh yeah... a little OCD is a good thing ;) 

• Like 1

Congrats on your BBB day!
Good luck on your build!  Before you cut anything, read through a few builds (if you have not done so already).  Post lots of pictures and ask lots of questions.
And most of all, enjoy it!  It won't always be easy, but it will be rewarding.
Oh yeah... a little OCD is a good thing  

Thanks! I’ve been scouring the forums for a good month trying to pick up best practices and ideas, and I’ll definitely be doing some more!

• Like 1

If you are thinking about painting the inside of the bucket, now is the time before you assemble (easier by far). Also, if you are thinking about making individual lenses, now is the time to make the holders

• Like 1

If you are thinking about painting the inside of the bucket, now is the time before you assemble (easier by far). Also, if you are thinking about making individual lenses, now is the time to make the holders

That’s what I was thinking. Is it better to plasti-dip before doing the teeth as well? That’s the one thing I was unsure of with that. Right now with the teeth “in” it provides its own masking; afterwards I’d be sanding through the dip and the teeth. I think I need to look more into the pros and cons of the different lens mounting styles too....

3 minutes ago, Hydraken said:

That’s what I was thinking. Is it better to plasti-dip before doing the teeth as well? That’s the one thing I was unsure of with that. Right now with the teeth “in” it provides its own masking; afterwards I’d be sanding through the dip and the teeth. I think I need to look more into the pros and cons of the different lens mounting styles too....

Check out Sean's build, he used putty to plug the teeth holes. For my first WTF build, I used the paintable plasti-dip and had no issues with the holes cut out (just take your time). Remember to rough up the interior a little for helping with adhesion. 

If you do individual lenses, use an epoxy putty around the eye holes and place some threaded posts (I did 4 per eye). Once dry you can plasti-dip it as well and everything looks molded in. 

• Like 1

I’m really liking the idea of mounting 2 separate lenses. Is there a putty or something that’s better than others or will just any epoxy putty do? Or sugru? Thinking of gluing T-nuts, then putty, then plasti-dip.