DStep's ANH stunt TK build (ATA)

DStep

My BBB came yesterday and I'm super excited. Just got everything laid out. Life's been busy, so I won't be able to work on this often, but I plan on knocking a lot out when I do. The goal is to build this to Centurion level. a0f65b7005c8f313d163f464e7944b49.jpg03c6857a0e8348800822db378a25038f.jpg4512c2db5f1a26c1a3b68d530032469a.jpgI'll be sure to ask plenty of questions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Great news, D’Angelo!

We’ll be on hand for any questions. And, if you haven’t already, don’t forget to get in touch with your local garrison. :duim:

Best wishes,

Dan

Edited by CableGuy

Great news, D’Angelo!

We’ll be on hand for any questions. And, if you haven’t already, don’t forget to get in touch with your local garrison. :duim:

Best wishes,

Dan

Thank you guys for all the help! I did contact them and am posting my WIP build on their forum also.

• Like 1

OK I’m trying to identify the correct parts for the arms and legs. Can someone confirm that I’ve marked them correctly?
a58d7fd3e935cfea84f5635808f17076.jpg4d5d02016b4617841e64d02ea32e3ded.jpg

14 hours ago, DStep said:

Can someone confirm that I’ve marked them correctly?

Hard to tell for sure just by looking at the pics but it looks about right....usually one can separate the right bicep from the left with the thumbprint on the left but yours have that on both so....and the thighs by the notch on the outer left (see pic of screen used suit) and the shins by the inner half having a shorter swoop, conforming to the muscle...but if one goes by the Movie-suits thay had pieces mixed so if your suit doesn`t have those distinct features I mentioned you are good to go with the set up you laid out:salute:

med_gallery_12157_59_20928.jpg

• Like 1

I’ve roughly trimmed and test fitted the arms and legs and I have a question on the thighs.

My first test fit leaves a 20mm cover strip in the back and is able to leave the same space on both sides of the cover strip, where the ridge of the thigh drops down, just like the front cover strip.

At this size, the bottom of the thigh is just below the top of my knee cap and there is some room around the knee. However, the meat of my thigh is real snug in the armor (I can still butt the center of the inner and outer thighs, so you can ignore the gap in the picture).
2564c23ebc0322c3b4171030d0f9f1cc.jpg

I also noticed that when I sit down, the top of the thighs already run against my hip bone.
8d4cce49da30df7cae58b7449b7c39c8.jpg

Does this sizing sound right? It feels like it should sit higher above my knee, so I would have size it larger...but then I would need to trim the top of the thigh, so it wouldn’t bump onto my hip when I sit.

I’ve roughly trimmed and test fitted the arms and legs and I have a question on the thighs.

My first test fit leaves a 20mm cover strip in the back and is able to leave the same space on both sides of the cover strip, where the ridge of the thigh drops down, just like the front cover strip.

At this size, the bottom of the thigh is just below the top of my knee cap and there is some room around the knee. However, the meat of my thigh is real snug in the armor (I can still butt the center of the inner and outer thighs, so you can ignore the gap in the picture).

I also noticed that when I sit down, the top of the thighs already run against my hip bone.
8d4cce49da30df7cae58b7449b7c39c8.jpg

Does this sizing sound right? It feels like it should sit higher above my knee, so I would have size it larger...but then I would need to trim the top of the thigh, so it wouldn’t bump onto my hip when I sit.

Once you have everything on you'll never bend that much.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Once you have everything on you'll never bend that much.

Dam I was afraid that would be the case. I already felt like I was pregnant trying to sit down...had my arm on the chair to support me as I leaned back into the chair lol

• Like 1

Yeah once you get the thighs and shins on together you'll find your movement quite restricted. Still working on my first build as well, but I've test fit them both and walked around with them. I now understand why people say stairs and armor don't mix.

• 2 weeks later...

I made some progress on the forearms and thighs...got them trimmed & sanded and glued the front, inner cover strips. Let me know if you see anything to correct here.

3dc3c40fd5ddfff37013c4e3e8230b50.jpg
57341c4ea6fbb53be353222ab4aee49e.jpg

I have the calves ready next. Also, I’m almost done trimming & sanding the chest, ab, back, kidney and posterior pieces. They should be ready for mounting the brackets soon.

Looks good from what I can see. Though they both seem very cylindrical without much taper to them.

Looks good from what I can see. Though they both seem very cylindrical without much taper to them.

Thanks Rat! Yeah once I get the front cover strips on, I'll get a final fit and taper the thighs.

BTW, was there a thread that explains how to make ABS paste? I have a few nicks from trimming that I want to fill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Got some great progress:duim: and maybe on your to-do-list but anyways....looking at this pic you could benefit from removing more of the inner return edge (more "comfy" when walking and less rubbing of thighs) Included some pics of the RS suit to give you an idea how I mean and it`s just a suggestion, other than that - keep up the good work:salute:

med_gallery_12157_59_37348.jpgmed_gallery_12157_59_38503.jpg

6 hours ago, DStep said:

BTW, was there a thread that explains how to make ABS paste? I have a few nicks from trimming that I want to fill.

Here's how I made my ABS paste:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38416-crickets-rs-stunt-build-for-the-vertically-challenged/?tab=comments#comment-514232

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

Thanks Rat! Yeah once I get the front cover strips on, I'll get a final fit and taper the thighs.

Basically paste is small bits of scraps and some acetone. I just used a classic jar filled about 1/3 and a full bottle of acetone/nail polish remover. You just want to make sure that the and is cut into small pieces.a16f0f266317a92c5412418015cf5f69.jpg

Got some great progress:duim: and maybe on your to-do-list but anyways....looking at this pic you could benefit from removing more of the inner return edge (more "comfy" when walking and less rubbing of thighs) Included some pics of the RS suit to give you an idea how I mean and it`s just a suggestion, other than that - keep up the good work:salute:
med_gallery_12157_59_37348.jpgmed_gallery_12157_59_38503.jpg

Thanks for the good eye and the encouragement!

I did clean up the return edge and started gluing the front cover strip. I plan to do one more resizing before I finish with the back cover strip. I'll also post pics to make sure I get the taper and vertical alignment right of the back cover strip, before I glue it.

• Like 1

Hey thank you very much for the link!
I'll definitely go through it before I jump in and try.

Basically paste is small bits of scraps and some acetone. I just used a classic jar filled about 1/3 and a full bottle of acetone/nail polish remover. You just want to make sure that the and is cut into small pieces.a16f0f266317a92c5412418015cf5f69.jpg

Sweet, thanks Rat...and the picture is a great reference!

• Like 1

Those pieces are at the largest 1/4". Let it set over night and stir it to mix as well as checking the consistency.

• Like 1