Just saw Clone Wars

Tech151

I saw it with the wife and kids tonight. I didnt like the use of the word "Damn" with all the kids watching, but it went over their heads anyway. I thought the story line was weak, but the animation and battle scenes were cool. The last half of the movie seemed slow to me and I found myself wondering when it would be over. The theatre room was pretty empty too. Like maybe 1/3 full. Overall, -OK-. My kids enjoyed it.

Guest TK-2416

Went to set it yesterday with my kids... I'll say this is a movie for children - they loved it... I went in with an openmind - I'll rate it 6/10.. Still find it hard to see star wars turning in to cartoon... Weak plot, a bit slow at times.... But again - a must see for star wars fans..

Well, it's not like this is the first time Star Wars has been a cartoon. Maybe the first time on a big screen, but many of us, if not all, have seen the cartoon network animated series. I thought the movie was done really well.... the first thing i said to my friends when we walked out was "Oh yeah, the original trilogy was about characters! I forgot!". this movie definitely made order 66 a lot more of a big deal.

I trooped the premier here in San Jose this evening, but didn't bother to watch it...I mite go tomorrow though, got a free pass :D

Trooped it but haven't seen it. Guess I'll have to wait until I get back home...

Sounds like overall it was worth watching though - better than PM?

Trooped it this weekend and saw it as well. Twice! :P It was for kids and I went in there knowing that, but I actually like the movie more than I thought I would. Here are my pics from the event.

Clone Wars Event

• 2 months later...

Diggin up bones a little...

I bought it tonight, saw it for the first time. I searched the treads for a clone wars topic... Seems like good reviews from everybody, so I hate to differ, but I do...

Man...

SKY-GUY? Stinky? What ever the heck Anakin calls Asoka? The Asoka character anyway... Lame.

Dialog was horrid. The whole thing was laborious to watch. Ziro? I made the connection to the new series in the comics with Jool,but Padme and that whole thing could have been negated. Didn't fit anything.

I agree that this was for kids. I could have swallowed that... With a HUGE but...

The clone battles are violent. Really violent. The one part where a droid blasts a clone in the head. Dude, that is not kids stuff. Adult stuff OK. I liked the clones battling it out and the part where there swapping sea stories. Those were the high end for me. Just didn't fit the kids theme.

The final straw though on story line is Anakin goes back to Tattoine and does none of the things he does in Ep II. Makes no connection to me at all in the development. The closing scene with Jabba and all the "heros". WHAT? This makes me think the Empire was right all along.

So, I bought it for my kid, and what did he do? Wandered off 1/4 of the way in. My 5 year old hated it.

Normally he is flat glued to the TV when I pop in OT, or the PT. Not this one.

I am a fan of parts, and I like the Clone scout costume, Obiwan's Armor was cool. Rex and Cody of course are awesome to an adult. I still rate this two thumbs down,even for kids.

yeah it sucked bad.... The series is actually better....not much....but better. At least it doesnt have the weird hutt in it... My kis saw it with me in the theater and they were tolerant. I couldnt wait to leave.

Damn it George!!!! You got my money again!!! LOL!!!

I watched this for the first time yersterday and fell asleep after about an hour.

I aggree it was ok for kids but pretty awful even for that. Sky-Guy, Stinky and that small space slug, what was it all about???

If this is the way the new series is going im glad im not watching them.

A big thumbs down from me :duimomlaag: