Rats first TK build (Anovos)

Rat

Good pair of wire cutters maybe
Thought about that and I have some scrap material from my neck seal that I could cover them with after to keep any jagged edges from digging and scoring into the ab piece.
Thanks Tony.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So a couple of questions. Does anyone have suggestions on reshaping forearms? I've come to the conclusion that I'll need to do this with my right forearm. It fits fine, but it ovals instead of being circular. I'll get pictures when I get home. The other is I'm really hoping to not have trim my thighs down, so where should the bottom of the thigh rest?

1 hour ago, Rat said:

So a couple of questions. Does anyone have suggestions on reshaping forearms? I've come to the conclusion that I'll need to do this with my right forearm. It fits fine, but it ovals instead of being circular. I'll get pictures when I get home. The other is I'm really hoping to not have trim my thighs down, so where should the bottom of the thigh rest?

If it fits fine there really is no need, that`s just how the armor is (most anyway) The RS below...but if it bothers you then there`s always the "hot-water-treatment" or heat gun (use carefully) and for the thighs, try them on and see how it feels, center of joint is a good reference point but that varies with hight, and how much mobility one want. My preference is that I rather look good (minimize amount of black showing) than move well:P  So...tape them together and pull them up as high as possible and try to walk:) 

med_gallery_12157_59_69685.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks yeah it's a bit flatter than that. Most likely will need to hot water it. Okay yeah mine is resting right about mid knee. Good to know the points I may go the route of trimming out the rear of the knees though. I'll need to look for the reference pics of that, but isn't it just to the top of the ridge?

9 minutes ago, Rat said:

Thanks yeah it's a bit flatter than that. Most likely will need to hot water it. Okay yeah mine is resting right about mid knee. Good to know the points I may go the route of trimming out the rear of the knees though. I'll need to look for the reference pics of that, but isn't it just to the top of the ridge?

When trimming the back of thighs and shins for mobility one should strive to remove as little as possible and in my opinoin try and avoid it all together, simply doesen`t look good...but....that`s just me and the general public at a troop won`t notice so I´m not trying to put you of triming it`s totally up to you, just offering my take on the matter and others feel different and puts mobility before looks :) 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, troopermaster said:

None of the parts are 'supposed' to be circular. Where did you get that idea from?

I don't mean it in the literal sense but my right forearm is nearly almond shaped it fits tightly on top and bottom of my arm. Whereas I have nearly a inch or so to the sides. So I need to get it more circular for the comfort. If I pull the two halves in the fit is fine but if I don't very uncomfortable.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

When trimming the back of thighs and shins for mobility one should strive to remove as little as possible and in my opinoin try and avoid it all together, simply doesen`t look good...but....that`s just me and the general public at a troop won`t notice so I´m not trying to put you of triming it`s totally up to you, just offering my take on the matter and others feel different and puts mobility before looks :) 

I'll have to tape em up and get pictures once I make it home and get some sleep. I did throw them on briefly hence what brought the question up originally. However when I did'nt have much bending room and the back of the knee area was biting pretty good with just slightly bending the knee. 

8 minutes ago, Rat said:

I'll have to tape em up and get pictures once I make it home and get some sleep. I did throw them on briefly hence what brought the question up originally. However when I did'nt have much bending room and the back of the knee area was biting pretty good with just slightly bending the knee. 

How much return is left? And no rush, get some sleep and then try them on and post some pics and we`ll get you sorted ones your ready:salute:

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

How much return is left? And no rush, get some sleep and then try them on and post some pics and we`ll get you sorted ones your ready:salute:

I think right now it's at about 5mm.

26 minutes ago, Rat said:

I think right now it's at about 5mm.

Then I suggest you start by removing some from the back of thighs (a dremmel works great) sand it smooth and yes you might have to cut and sand again but sometimes the sanding makes it less unfomfortable allowing you to keep more return than you first thought. It`s also important that the thighs are in their right position/hight before any triming for comfort starts. 

• Like 1

I’m following this closely since I’m about to start on the legs and for some reason find this the most intimidating step so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah it's gonna be rough because I will be sizing and firing myself. Plus I want to make sure of how the armor should naturally fit. Like, "Should the stop at the knee or above it? Will I or do I need to trim this down?" even after checking reference photos and the CRL ones it just wasn't clear where the thigh should stop. Better to ask and know then make drastic unfixable decisions.

• Like 1

Then I suggest you start by removing some from the back of thighs (a dremmel works great) sand it smooth and yes you might have to cut and sand again but sometimes the sanding makes it less unfomfortable allowing you to keep more return than you first thought. It`s also important that the thighs are in their right position/hight before any triming for comfort starts. 
You mean the return edge yes?

Alright then thanks Daniel and yeah sleep and then a quick test fitting and photos. Better to get answers with photos.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bartonajb said:

I’m following this closely since I’m about to start on the legs and for some reason find this the most intimidating step so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FISD will get you through it :salute:

• Like 2

I'll also get one of my right forearm for better clarity of that issue. Yes I have faith in my future brothers and sisters.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rat said:

I don't mean it in the literal sense but my right forearm is nearly almond shaped it fits tightly on top and bottom of my arm. Whereas I have nearly a inch or so to the sides. So I need to get it more circular for the comfort. If I pull the two halves in the fit is fine but if I don't very uncomfortable.

It sounds like you have trimmed them too much.

7 hours ago, Rat said:

Check my build on CCG forums.  I address this issue with the Anovos forearms.  I used a heat gun to reshape so I could get the cover strips to glue on flat.

• Like 1

After roughly 6 Anovos kit builds to date I've never had a problem getting the cover strips on any section of armor to mount flat. I'm not sure why others are having this issue. The armor material is relatively thin and easy to work with. Just my opinion I'm also anti-heat gun on armor, especially Anovos, and especially in the hands of someone who may not be familiar with dangers. Hot water bathing accomplishes the same result with low damage risk.  

It sounds like you have trimmed them too much.
Well I don't think I did they measure out the same and as I said if I push it to a circular shape it fits fine.

Check my build on CCG forums.  I address this issue with the Anovos forearms.  I used a heat gun to reshape so I could get the cover strips to glue on flat.
Will do Daryl.