Rats first TK build (Anovos)

Rat

Scared to answer now, mate. ;-)
I’ll let the boys confirm. Keep up the good work mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hahahaha! It's alright I got what you were getting at. I know a lot more of the elbow needs to come off and the wrist needs to be evened out as it has a slight curve to it. The outer elbow is way to much for me as it is now.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Return edge gives the armor the illusion of thickness. If you're a larger person the less return edge is needed and sometime required. The amount of return edge you remove on the elbow side is a matter of preference, there is no standard. What Paul mention is a good rule of thumb. It really depends on your body type. I just finished a full set of armor today for a fellow garrison member who's very thin, leaving some of the return edge on the elbow side really helped him. 

As for the wrist side, no return edge period especially if shooting for the higher levels of accuracy.  

Return edge gives the armor the illusion of thickness. If you're a larger person the less return edge is needed and sometime required. The amount of return edge you remove on the elbow side is a matter of preference, there is no standard. What Paul mention is a good rule of thumb. It really depends on your body type. I just finished a full set of armor today for a fellow garrison member who's very thin, leaving some of the return edge on the elbow side really helped him. 

As for the wrist side, no return edge period especially if shooting for the higher levels of accuracy.  
Thanks for clarifying Tony. I'm not big roughly 5'10" 175 ish.

The inner elbow didn't seem to bother me as much as the outer did. So I may just leave that and trim the outer down. However we'll see as I get further.

Hahahaha! It's alright I got what you were getting at. I know a lot more of the elbow needs to come off and the wrist needs to be evened out as it has a slight curve to it. The outer elbow is way to much for me as it is now.

Cheers Rat. Glad you got what I was talking about. :-)
Apologies if I misled anyone. From what I could see, you were in the initial “tape pieces together to see how they fit” phase. Personally, I was advised to rough trim and size up (as you’re doing), glue the piece (cover strips), then do the final sanding (including removal of the return edge at wrist end) once the piece is glued together as one, allowing a nice join of the two limb parts.
My pic was just to show the hand squeezing through the wrist end - not in any way referring to the return edge at the wrist end or a completed piece. Of course, this was only a suggestion.

Best of luck with the rest of your build mate. :-)

• Like 1

Yeah that's where I'm at for now rough trim and sizing. I did trim the wrist return upon initial rough trim though. I also trim the outer elbow return edge down a little more, it was close to 7mm in some spots. Watched panda props videos again and noticed he says 3mm is what he does and I may go that route, but not sure yet. I'm sort of reluctant to start sanding yet, mostly because if I sand and then realize I need to trim more I don't want to have to sand a second time.

• Like 1

Hey all, would it be possible to get a link to the photo reference gallery? I can't seem to remember where to find it.
Thanks.

38 minutes ago, Rat said:

Hey all, would it be possible to get a link to the photo reference gallery? I can't seem to remember where to find it.
Thanks.

Though Dan has helped you out already, you can also go to the top of this page and select "Gallery" 

• Like 1

Thanks Dan and Tony. Though the link wouldn't open in tapatalk for me I just copied into my browser. Thanks for the link Dan.

• Like 1

A little more done. Forearms, biceps and shoulder bells sized, trimmed and sanded, ready for gluing. I think anyways. Most of the back, kidney, butt are trimmed and sanded. Still have the legs to go. Also started the belt, but realized I have no mounting hardware for the holster so went went to ANOVOS and talked about that waiting to see what happens there.f65192daac3e5391ebf1b0743cb6c659.jpge4532ab2f4a4a0addbbc7665e7534809.jpg33b0e6099d90002bcc9a879596f1365f.jpgb9aad835fbf1228ccfae1f78141f8a78.jpg

• Like 1

The belt So far still need to glue everything down and work out the holster attachment. bc1856d53a30427f580f025b41f9f4f5.jpg

• Like 1

Those arms look quite smart with the blue lines down. :-)

Hahahaha! Yeah looking at them makes me think of the 501st as seen on screen/clone wars animated.

Hahahaha! Yeah looking at them makes me think of the 501st as seen on screen/clone wars animated.

Haha. Yeah, I see what you mean. :-)

Maybe that can be your next project. ;-) lol

Is that a Snowtrooper or Shoretrooper? Either are pretty awesome. :-)

Shore.

• Like 1

So no pictures, but started by gluing cover strips to one side of biceps, still think I need to trim just a little more off the top of them before I put them together. Belt is 90% glued, drop boxes done, glued down the elastic to the boxes as well gluing down the top corners of the fabric to the plastic to keep from getting the droop.
I'll need to get pictures but I'm having a hard time with the trimming of the thighs and shins. It seems the front where the 20mm cover strips go is really soft and I'm finding it difficult to find the lip to trim down to the 10mm per side.

Test fit the main body and found I won't need shins and can close up the body with room, but not sure about the back and chest connection.

One other thing is I have a rivet post on one of the boxes that didn't make a clean break and part of the post is still in the rivet was thinking I may file or something to remove it. Also the supplied rivets for the belt didn't quite pull in (?) when I attached them, so they are sort of long and bulbous. I'll get pictures shortly just waking up and haven't had a chance to pull stuff out.

Odd looking rivets
Yeah for some reason they didn't pull in like they should, they're secure enough, but yeah not sure how to deal with them.