Rats first TK build (Anovos)

Rat

Congrats Rat!

If you work on it during the weekends, I'd like to come over and help or take notes at the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, but unfortunately I work weekends.

Three and a half hours of sleep and decided to start trimming. So far I've gotten through the main body parts, ab buttons, hand plates and now starting biceps and shoulder bells.

On a side note I found the Chicago screws.5cc060836a1a1dd6928c506dfe1fc8d7.jpgf85d69a101568afc270dce19d39042e1.jpg43af60324cfe5ff3e9fa0c1a5f23be2b.jpg788d3e709eb3e92cffbc3892af107b0e.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

It's officially late for me. Though managed to rough trim a shoulder bell and part of the biceps. I'm calling it a night.8afc17e028d3de02bcfbdbf54653831b.jpge1ceb8484da84b365374c31113fb5a7c.jpgf6fce4848d0128bd113f8ee49f3d1ae5.jpg

• Like 1

So rough trimming of the arms and legs. One question I have is when I go back to hand plates how much return edge should I leave on them? I was thinking maybe 3 mil?

16 minutes ago, Rat said:

So rough trimming of the arms and legs. One question I have is when I go back to hand plates how much return edge should I leave on them? I was thinking maybe 3 mil?

Roughly 1/4". If you plan shooting for the Centurion accuracy then put it back in the bag lol

• Like 1

Roughly 1/4". If you plan shooting for the Centurion accuracy then put it back in the bag lol

I will eventually, but I plan on building it to centurion. I'll just have to wait to apply for it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rat said:

I will eventually, but I plan on building it to contusion. I'll just have to wait to apply for it.

Hehe. Good to get some cutting practice on those plastic hand guards, but , don’t forget that you’ll need to upgrade to flexible hand guards (that Tony eluded to:laugh1:) for Centurion. :-)

• Like 2

Hahaha! Yeah plan on getting in touch with Joseph for some of his when the time comes.

• Like 1

So finished off my rough trimming using the snap and score method, I have blisters by the way, after a late night first session last night and most of the day today. But I finished that off and I trimmed the hand plates down to a 5mm thickness, forgot pictures though. Everywhere else is just at the ANOVOS line until I start fitting it, possibly tomorrow? Not sure yet. It went faster than I thought it would though, the shins were rough cutting. The bucket thankfully fits me and I only needed three of pads. I'll need to touch up the frown and possibly the right ear other than that its good. Even the solid strip of visor isn't bad and is off my nose.0e6bf3b738e7fb8632ddece9252dab0f.jpge7acef7bd74a157b7675845b5bc0e3ef.jpg9631a54f72b0484ab35693b78240b2c5.jpgbe16eca8aa2ccb928cfba00e7327e070.jpgc392bfba6ccecbc5414c2b8b10033430.jpg66125f4ce62d5ec9ece421b536a7469b.jpg49ac3bc687e5dff1464a4d695419cc82.jpg

• Like 1

You`re on the right track :duim:
Thanks, yeah I was expecting it to take longer, but loving it so far.

• Like 2

Nice work trooper! Great progress. 

And yes, be careful on those late nights. Tired body or mind = mistakes! It's better if the build takes longer, than pressing on and wishing you hadn't.

• Like 1

Nice work trooper! Great progress. 
And yes, be careful on those late nights. Tired body or mind = mistakes! It's better if the build takes longer, than pressing on and wishing you hadn't.

Thanks. That first was a pure fluke that I was up late doing it. I'm pretty happy with it so far. Now to move on to fitting and final trimming and sanding.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rat said:

Thanks. That first was a pure fluke that I was up late doing it. I'm pretty happy with it so far. Now to move on to fitting and final trimming and sanding.

Nice job, looking great. I'm excited to see your progress on the fitting, too. How do you like the helmet interior? I had to use a bit more padding but it seems to fit quite nicely. Still debating if I want to switch out with the chin straps. Keep up the good work! :salute:

32 minutes ago, TK-Timbuktu said:

Nice job, looking great. I'm excited to see your progress on the fitting, too. How do you like the helmet interior? I had to use a bit more padding but it seems to fit quite nicely. Still debating if I want to switch out with the chin straps. Keep up the good work! :salute:

Thanks the feedback is great, but I'm also happy for the critical too because it only helps, it's nice to see that so far so good. So far I like the interior I'm using the large and two small pads and it fits pretty good almost a little to snug. However I'm glad I trimmed off my mop of hair I can't imagine how it would be with that still.

Edited by Rat
  • Like 1

So started fitting and hoping I didn't mess it up and got it right. It isn't real pretty but it fits and I'll moist likely be trimming the return edge down more. It has a little bite to it, but it hasn't been sanded or anything yet.7cd1005f5babf3b702b895dde21689da.jpg5845373bb12f0cea6e769756b1d20207.jpg07b5e0ff3c19ec1ba19fe7cc06741b08.jpgd456e51e1833e9d91b34bd92741d8b01.jpgbb4b791d0d0a5ec5bf0351af365ea250.jpg

Good start, there.

I was advised that, to get a good fit, your hand should just about squeeze through the wrist end. That should give you a nice fit. A little like this.

[image deleted]

You’ve got plenty of wiggle room with the elbow end, too. From many of the screen used suits, they had minimal return edge near the elbow.

21001ed1c0e73fb3306cc9224024cb31.jpg

Of course, I’m not suggesting you lose all of it - just gives you some leeway. :-)

• Like 1

Good start, there.
I was advised that, to get a good fit, your hand should just about squeeze through the wrist end. That should give you a nice fit. A little like this.

f06f3013f74ca7ca1bcb79bbd44b83b5.jpg

You’ve got plenty of wiggle room with the elbow end, too. From many of the screen used suits, they had minimal return edge near the elbow.

21001ed1c0e73fb3306cc9224024cb31.jpg

Of course, I’m not suggesting you lose all of it - just gives you some leeway. :-)

Thanks yeah that is about how it fits and with the elbow yeah it will be just for more comfort. Good to know I didn't completely fudge it, but I'm overly critical of myself.
Thanks for the confidence boost. That is my biggest concern.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CableGuy said:

Good start, there.

f06f3013f74ca7ca1bcb79bbd44b83b5.jpg

The return edge is not completely removed in this photo and not an ideal example to show. You should cut it back a few more mm's so you see the cut end of the plastic. This is how the movie suits were cut and it also helps sliding your hands though.

15 minutes ago, troopermaster said:
The return edge is not completely removed in this photo and not an ideal example to show. You should cut it back a few more mm's so you see the cut end of the plastic. This is how the movie suits were cut and it also helps sliding your hands though.

Thanks for the comment Paul. Totally agree re the wrist end. Thankfully, as you’ll see, that’s a mid-build photo and referencing the construction rather than finishing phase. (For reference, my return edge at wrist end was removed to achieve Centurion).

I’ll specify next time which phase of the build a pic is referring too, should I try to assist in the future. :-)

Edited by CableGuy

The thing is that people tend to look more at photos than read the text, so they see your photo and think that's how it should be done as you are trying the help the guy out. It would have been better (IMO) to show a finished wrist end so there is no confusion :)

So, to be clear on the return edges of your forearms, there should be none on the wrist or inner elbow scoop. Just leave a small amount on the outer elbow.

• Like 2

The thing is that people tend to look more at photos than read the text, so they see your photo and think that's how it should be done as you are trying the help the guy out. It would have been better (IMO) to show a finished wrist end so there is no confusion

So, to be clear on the return edges of your forearms, there should be none on the wrist or inner elbow scoop. Just leave a small amount on the outer elbow.

Image deleted. Feel free to PM me next time mate. :-)

37 minutes ago, troopermaster said:

The thing is that people tend to look more at photos than read the text, so they see your photo and think that's how it should be done as you are trying the help the guy out. It would have been better (IMO) to show a finished wrist end so there is no confusion :)

Or use a canon photo/s, a picture is worth a thousand words.

gallery_12157_59_23801.jpg 

gallery_12157_59_233480.jpg

• Like 1

So I want to remove all of the wrist and inner elbow return edge and what, 2 or 3 5mm on the outer elbow? Did I read that correctly?