501st membership vs. Centurion status

I’ve been doing a ton of research, while I wait for the BBB day and I have a basic question about becoming a member.  It sounds like I need to go through my local Garrison to get my armor approved for membership into the 501st and I’ll get my TK ID assigned.  I can then request approval for Centurion status through applying here, on FISD. 

Do I have that correct?

For some reason I thought both membership and applying for Centurion status were done at the same time.

Sorry for the basic question, I just want to make sure I understand the process. 

Thanks!

Hi D’Angelo,

You’ve got it right. Get your clearance from your Garrison, then obtain TK id. Then request ‘trooper status’ here at FISD and apply for EIB (Expert infantry) then Centurion. :-)

It’s good to hear another trooper aiming for Centurion. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, DStep said:

I’ve been doing a ton of research, while I wait for the BBB day and I have a basic question about becoming a member.  It sounds like I need to go through my local Garrison to get my armor approved for membership into the 501st and I’ll get my TK ID assigned.  I can then request approval for Centurion status through applying here, on FISD. 

Do I have that correct?

For some reason I thought both membership and applying for Centurion status were done at the same time.

Sorry for the basic question, I just want to make sure I understand the process. 

Thanks!

Yes Dan is right.  Basically the Expert Infantry and Centurion programs are detachment specific.  Neither program really has anything to do with the 501st.  Those programs are available for those who want to go above and beyond basic approval and attempt to make their armor some of the best looking within the legion.  Oh and the programs are also there for awesome swag!  If you haven't checked out the December newsletter, then I would check it out because it has some great information in it in regards to EIB/Centurion.

It is best to build your armor straight out of the box towards achieving Centurion if that is your plan.  You will find that it is a lot easier to do it that way.  Also please keep in mind that you will need to apply for Expert Infantry first and then apply for Centurion once you are approved for EIB.

Yes Dan is right.  Basically the Expert Infantry and Centurion programs are detachment specific.  Neither program really has anything to do with the 501st.  Those programs are available for those who want to go above and beyond basic approval and attempt to make their armor some of the best looking within the legion.  Oh and the programs are also there for awesome swag!  If you haven't checked out the December newsletter, then I would check it out because it has some great information in it in regards to EIB/Centurion.

It is best to build your armor straight out of the box towards achieving Centurion if that is your plan.  You will find that it is a lot easier to do it that way.  Also please keep in mind that you will need to apply for Expert Infantry first and then apply for Centurion once you are approved for EIB.

Hey Steve, thanks for the additional info.! I didn’t know about applying for EIB, before Centurion. Yes, a few others here have convinced me to build up to Centurion out of the box.

I’ve been trying to read up on as much as I can for now, so I know that there’s a lot to learn. Once my armor arrives, I’ll keep in close contact with both my Garrison and here to help guide me.

In the meantime, I’ve been slowly collecting parts and tools. I’m pretty close to having everything I need to start!

Thanks again for your help!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

As mentioned, it's GREAT to see that you are headed for Centurion, D'angelo!  When you get there, I can promise you will be especially proud of the extra time and effort it took to put into it.

In addition to looking over the CRL, (Costume Reference Library) I would highly suggest looking over some of the approved EI and Centurion submissions in the Advanced Tactics area.  The approved ones have a number after them, i.e. "TK 12345 requesting ANH Stunt Status" (AP)  321.  

Reading the comments left by others and the D.O.s (Deployment Officers) will give you a much better idea of what will need to be tweaked.

Best of luck on your white armor journey, and please feel free to ask any questions you may have.