Weight Help

I'm looking for a little help on how to GAIN weight. I'm around 5'8'' and only 113.5lbs. (Apparently I've LOST weight)

Anyone have some tips? What to eat, what to do?

myspace.com/letsgoplayintraffic for pics on my frame. (I should have some pics up of my full body. Not nude! :lol: )

Are you looking for muscle or just mass?

I think I was 5'9" and 180ish-lbs my last year of high school (which is funny, because there are photos of me in 10th grade where I am skinny!). I pretty much ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. I still adhere to that diet a bit, though I've been going easy on the junkfood lately and stick to around 165lbs (I've been running, too).

If you want muscle, start with pushups, situps, running, etc. Its what I do (also why I think I didn't immediately loose weight after two months of running).

If you just want to be bigger to fill out armor or something, I think McDonalds is usually a safe bet? Maybe try eating three meals a day if you don't already, I don't know. Always go back for seconds at dinner?

I'm fairly certain it is easier to gain weight than lose weight. Pretty much just eat and don't work out?

Then again, I'm still sure you could still fit into Stormtrooper armor skinny, you just might need to modify it a bit.

Though keep in mind, I haven't written any diet books, I don't have a workout program on TV, and I still don't have armor yet.

I usually only eat when I'm super hungry, but even then I put it off because I'm addicted to video games and will only get up when I die or am frustrated or something.

I'm not really looking for muscle, just something to fill out my frame. Especially my arms and legs. I really don't wanna look like a lanky stormtrooper. (No offense to the other Alex, your armor looks great!)

So basically, I just eat whatever and then I'll sit around and do nothing, but all I do is lose weight.

On a side note, I work at McDonalds and it's hard for me to down anything they make anymore.

You know, I too have that issue of gaining weight. I have such a high metabolism. If I eat three square meals a day, I still have trouble gaining weight. I've actually lost weight, and have been eating the same since high school. It's kinda hard to gain for some people.

A few pints seem to help alot of people here in wisconsin :D

Let me know how it works!

You don't want to eat junk food and get fat, that is not the best way to gain weight and will not do your health any good. If there is a gymnasium near you, try calling in and joining up. The guys there will tell you all about nutrition and the best way to build yourself up properly, and be in the best physical condition of your life. A good balance of healthy food and weight training will soon have you filling out your armour perfectly!

That's my advice anyway :)

Jeeze, I used to get a weird feeling from playing video games all day. I remember getting dizzy after playing Duke Nukem 64 nonstop. I had originally figured at the time I was hungry from not eating, but I think later on I realized it was motion sickness. Some games just....guh, the way they present the graphics makes me woozy.

Used to do the same thing with reading when I was 14. Sit down with a 400 page novel in the morning, have it finished by dinner, and realize then I was hungry from skipping lunch!

I eat a small breakfast, though my father says breakfast should be a larger meal that you burn off during the day. My lunch is a decent size, though I tend to overindulge on chips. Sometimes I'll snack before dinner just to hold me over, and I usually end up eating a lot at dinner. Then sometimes desert if I feel I didn't eat too much at dinner. I haven't change my diet too much since I started exercising, but I have tried to stay to more healthier things, and less sugary snacks. I would still probably say get in some exercise. Would help put a little meat on the arms and legs, and make sure that the weight you gain doesn't contribute to health problems or something.

I would also say don't try to put off eating until your stomach starts chewing on itself. Try and eat three meals consistently. Maybe snack at some point.

If getting married and having kids doesnt do it, Burger King has a whopper juniors for a buck. I have a similar problem as you and When I start getting lighter, I eat 4 whoppers a day for a week straight. I am not a nutritionist so keep that in mind too.

I think age is a factor too...how old are you?

I know that up until a few years ago my metabolism was super high...I wieghed 110 through high school (I am 5'6) and 120 in college and could not for the life of me put on weight....

However several years of working at a desk and not eating properly, plus not being as active as I used to have taken its toll and I have put on 40 pounds....

My suggestion to you is count your blessings and add padding!

If getting married and having kids doesnt do it, Burger King has a whopper juniors for a buck. I have a similar problem as you and When I start getting lighter, I eat 4 whoppers a day for a week straight. I am not a nutritionist so keep that in mind too.

Yeah, but he wants to put on weight, not turn into that Whopper Jr. Kid from the commercials that can't fit through doors!

As a mom I cringe at eat 4 whoppers a day :o .

My suggestions

Eat protein and carbs for breakfast.

Eat 4 light meals a day.

Use REAL butter.

Eat bread at EVERY meal.

Take a quality multi-vitamin.

Carbo load before you exercise.

Real cream in your coffee.

REAL ice cream for desert or between level/stages game night refuels.

After you have reached your weight, cut down the bread, cream, ice cream.

I'm not a diet doctor just a mom.

I have the opposite problem, lol. I'm trying to loose weight. Hope you get to the weight that you want :)

Mee too, i have stopped eating biscuits, cakes and crisps over the last week or so and it is starting to make a difference.. no beer either :(

Sure fire way to gain weight.......Get married and have kids.

This is the more expensive option :lol:

lol, i was skinny in High School, about 5'9" 160 lbs, not as skinny as some here, but i did not look menacing...anyways, if you want to gain wait, drink CytoGainer, it's a muscle milk protein mix...lol, and junk food, like $1 double burgers if you can find any...should do the trick, and video games really work!!!!!! i'm 22 and i'm a solid 5'11" 200lbs!!!!! good luck man, but i didn't start gaining weight till i was like 20...i had a very fast metabolism!!!!!!

trooperstormy said:
Dude, I'm as skinny as you. I'm about 5'9 115 lbs. I've been drinking muscle milk and eating alot. I'm barley starting to gain weight. Perfect size for accurate armor though! ------------

Could you post a full body shot of you in the suit? I wanna see how I would look :P

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed