TK-57996 reporting for duty

Hey all,

I've been looking to do some voluntary work for quite some time now.  Tried a few places but I was never feeling home...until I find you guys.  I read a newsletter a few years back that was detailing the visit of group of Stormtroopers to a little kid with cancer.  That (and my love for Star Wars) convinced me that this was what I wanted to do.

But now, which costume to choose?  After speaking with some members in the comiccons, I chose the ESB Stormtrooper.  Mainly because I love the movie but also because the holster is on the right side.

When the Big Brown Box arrived, I was so excited but where to start? and how to avoid the usual newbies stupid mistakes?

VERY BIG THANKS TO UKSWRATH for the following post that was oh so precious.

Now, I'm approved, my first troop was priceless seeing the smiles of the kids approaching...because once they were inches from me, I could not see them anymore because of the helmet  :) 

Thanks to the guys of the Foretesse Imperiale in Quebec for helping me finish the armor and you all for welcoming me in this big family where I already feel at home.

Dominic aka TK57996.

Dva9DRD.jpg

• Like 1

Great story, Dominic. Congrats on your clearance.
It’s a win win situation - you get to help people/ raise money AND be a Stormtrooper. Everybody wins. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats & Welcome to the Legion Trooper!! Great backstory and know you'll get to see first hand what we mean by "Bad guys doing good."   

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats Dominic, glad you're in it for the BEST reason...creating smiles and sharing your love for SW!  You'll continue to be amazed at how much joy you can bring to kids and adults alike, even after 6 years I still love doing it!

• 2 weeks later...