TK-52811 Requesting ANH Hero EIB Status [TM] [775]

General Information

Name: Tom Harvey  

FISD Name: RanchRelaxo Poseidon

Legion ID#: 52811 (http://501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=26438)

Garrison: Garrison Titan

Mandatory Information

Armor Maker: Troopermaster

Helmet Maker: Troopermaster

Blaster Type: E-11, Unknown maker, it was a gift. Resin cast

Additional Information

Height: 5' 9"

Weight: 165 lbs

Boots: TK Boots

Canvas Belt: Self made

Hand Plates: Trooperbay

Neck Seal: Self made

Holster: Trooperbay

Centurion Level Rivets: Trooperbay

Build Thread:

Full Body

4IB2TWO.jpg

Kmy1veM.jpg

qWDvJlA.jpg

yKwMR8s.jpg

azs821S.jpg

J9R0eSj.jpg

Armour Details

XQY7ZYA.jpg?1

eptLdtH.jpg

LZ3SWZf.jpg

sgDeXRF.jpg

i4uucoH.jpg?1

w2W2L9T.jpg

W7Gcmcl.jpg

fyPVKJm.jpg

7we3fdH.jpg

drVTDnw.jpg

Helmet Details

qya3mT1.jpg

AelxDAQ.jpg

EYPvvoI.jpg

WMn8dQL.jpg

U2CM1UV.jpg

Gbfmn4U.jpg

Blaster Details

y1O5zXf.jpg?1

twZGRE9.jpg?1

LgJdqT8.jpg

Accessory Details

4oFGtXc.jpg

M5VkQjO.jpg?1

LkuqIyz.jpg

6IOZsYY.jpg?1

eFhJvAG.jpg

avwB9w4.jpg?1

Additional Shots

7pakzqX.jpg

*Better pic showing reduced arm bell gap, based upon starsaber25's comment

EF4gEtB.jpg

TswNPET.jpg

Edited by Poseidon
changed my name to match 501st forums for consistency sake, additional pictures

Very nice job on your build. If I can offer any advice, it would be to try and rotate your shoulder bells forward a little to try and close up that gap between them and your chest plate. But looking sharp trooper!

• Like 1

• ukswrath changed the title to TK-52811 Requesting ANH Hero EIB Status [TM] [775]

Hey Tom, welcome and thank you for your EI application. 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All submission photos have been posted. Excellent job on your TM build :duim:. After review Andrew and I are delighted to say your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for Expert Infantry. Welcome trooper!     :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. We have a couple minor suggestions to mention here. Your bells are nice and tight at the top near the shoulders but quite a distance from the chest and back plates. Looking closely at your photos it appears you have a good amount of return edge you could remove that would allow them to sit flush on the biceps bringing them closer to the chest and back. 

bell.jpg

Reference photo
4xQOmUx.jpg

Holster mounts. Snap base mounts are too large, they should be smaller, similar to cap rivets or Chicago screws. If you stall want to make the holster removable there's a couple tutorials out there illustrating how to take Chicago screws and install them so they also double as snaps.  
belt.jpg 

Reference photo
5a15a4961c18c_Herobelt.JPG.fb67b4d793e484c0a902ce874ab79855.JPG

The TD screws are to be pan head and slotted.
td.jpg

Reference photo
TD%20clip%20screws.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all we can from what is seen but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper. From what we've seen so far there's nothing that sticks out that would hold you back at centurion if you chose to apply for it. Congrats again.  :jc_doublethumbup:

8 hours ago, ukswrath said:

Holster mounts. Snap base mounts are too large, they should be smaller, similar to cap rivets or Chicago screws. If you stall want to make the holster removable there's a couple tutorials out there illustrating how to take Chicago screws and install them so they also double as snaps.  

belt.jpg 

Reference photo
5a15a4961c18c_Herobelt.JPG.fb67b4d793e484c0a902ce874ab79855.JPG

You can achieve the same look as the original holster fixings by using rivets to hold the snaps to the inside of the belt. I have done this before with no problems. I use 4mm rivets directly though the canvas and male part of the snap. Just make sure the rivet length is not too long as it will prevent the female part of the snaps on the holster from snapping closed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, troopermaster said:

You can achieve the same look as the original holster fixings by using rivets to hold the snaps to the inside of the belt. I have done this before with no problems. I use 4mm rivets directly though the canvas and male part of the snap. Just make sure the rivet length is not too long as it will prevent the female part of the snaps on the holster from snapping closed.

Do you mean 4mm pop rivets?

2 hours ago, troopermaster said:

Yes, 4mm pop rivet. Use the male stud part of the snap as a kind of backing washer. Works perfectly.

I was actually looking for the cap rivet specs. In the reference photo we provided the head looks much larger than 4mm. They look more like 6-8mm. 

On 11.11.2017 at 5:22 AM, Poseidon said:

(...)   Blaster Type: E-11, Unknown maker, it was a gift. Resin cast   (...)

twZGRE9.jpg?1

Looks like a DoopyDoo's full resin kit to me, where somebody hollowed the front sight cage. It has all the typical characteristics. Just rotate the end cap to bring the two bulges downside.

Back to topic now and good luck with your EIB request. :duim: