Olaf's ANH Stunt TK build (AM 2.0) - aiming for Centurion

Olaf

Hey, I thought I'd share my progress as I start the build of my TK. Although this is not my first armored costume (I have a TS), it will be my first time building a kit. 

I received my BBB a few days ago. I carefully unpacked and unwrapped all of the parts.  I am waiting on a few tools to really start work but feeling that I wanted to do something I grabbed the faceplate and started to sand out the teeth.

As I was doing this I noticed something about the right eye. There seems to be a bump about 2/3 of the way along the bottom edge of the eye. Is this right for a Stunt? It seems, looking from the inside, that it was molded this way. I've included a couple pictures of the face. 

It could be that I just never looked closely at a stunt TK helmet, but I never noticed this before. I want to make sure that this is right before I go any further.

Please feel free to let me know.

r_20170917_134604.jpg

Edited by Olaf
  • Like 1

Hello and welcome, the bump in the eye is very screen accurate so don't worry about that ;).

Great news you are aiming for centurion right of the bat, best way to build from the start.

Looking forward to the progress, good luck

• Like 3

Like gmrhodes said the "bump" is screen accurate so no worries & good to see you aiming for Centurion from the start. Keep posting photos along the way, we're here to help if needed!

My bucket (WTF) for reference, it has the bump as well.
01d3ca1e4fa2f1a126924d87c1f396db.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Can anyone share a picture of of how the teeth should be painted on my stunt helmet. 

Specifically I am looking at the ends of the frown. I've looked at quite a few EIB submissions and there seem to be different approached. Is there a way that is "more" correct? I am shooting for Centurion so I want to get this right.

Thanks

Here is a link that should help you out, Joseph.  (Cool name, BTW) https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/album/36-helmet-frown-a-new-hope-stunt/

So I am putting the detailing on the helmet and I have a question:

The CRL says:

• Tube stripes are medium blue, numbering between 9 and 16 per side with the curve bends extending backwards.

Is there a "correct" number for Centurion?  I don't think that my tubes are long enough to hold more than 9-10...

Also, do my ear screws need to sit flush with the ear?

Looking good so far Joe.  You said you were concerned about the gap in the ears.  All I can tell from the photo above is the gaps look fine.  The mic placement looks good as well.  Can you show a better picture of the frown?  I think you may need to go a little more.  My first ANH helmet was built by troopermaster and I have used his as a guide since I've gotten it.  I have always trusted his work because well he is the master. 

YXGn3oc.jpg

PS my brow is low because that is the way I wanted it at the time.  Your brow is perfect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, starsaber25 said:

oh and you should also go here and request 501st status:

2 hours ago, starsaber25 said:

I think you may need to go a little more.

Steve,

I didn't realize that I didn't have 501st status, thanks for catching that.

I have a better pic of the frown, but I am unable to post anything. Where it is telling me to drag files to attach, it is also telling me that the max total size is 0.09 MB....

When you said go a little more, did you mean painting or file/cut the teeth? 

Sorry Joe. I mean painting. I think your teeth are cut out well.

For the photos you should open a free account on imgur. That is a site that many people are using now to post photos. Trying to use the attach a photo function on this forum and pretty much every other is not working out too well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next time we troop let me know if you need anything...I got a bunch of stuff you might need to put your stormy together, from frown screen to tandy snaps, and more

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Albaz said:

Next time we troop let me know if you need anything...I got a bunch of stuff you might need to put your stormy together, from frown screen to tandy snaps, and more

I'll be at NYCC Thursday through Saturday

Steve - here is the better picture of the frown. I intentionally did not paint more than what you see because I was unsure on how far out to paint. That was going to be one of my next questions.

kzs6YdG.jpg

Edited by Olaf

3 hours ago, Malace said:

Thanks Joseph. Your ears look great, did you have to sand much off of them?

Not much at all. I took a bit off of the notch at the top & sanded down the curve a little so that I could get it to fit the helmet a bit closer

So back to work after New York Comic Con...

Starting to assemble the left forearm and I have a question. When I fit the pieces together in the way that make sense the cuff is not a straight edge, as you can see in the pic below. Am I fitting the together incorrectly? Do I fit them together so the cuff is straight? Do I fit them together the way that seems correct and sand the cuff straight?

Or is this just something that doesn't get worried too much about and I am being too much of a perfectionist? I don't want to screw it up ...caq1koO.jpg

Edited by Olaf