TK-52017 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (Anovos) [753]

1.  Josh Brackett

2.  TK-52017

3.  CrestfallenTrooper

4.  Carolina Garrison 

Basic Information
501st Member Page:  https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=24663

Mandatory Information

Armor Maker = Anovos
Helmet Maker = Anovos
Blaster Type =HFx Productions Hyperfirm E11

Height = 5'9

Weight = 142lb

Boots = TK Boots

Canvas Belt = Rob Kittell

Hand Plates = Rubber, Trooper Bay

Electronics = None (for now)

Neck Seal = Anovos

Holster = Anovos

Finally got around to having my photos taken.  I'm looking forward to everyone's feedback.. thanks!  

IMG_0968.jpg

IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0972.jpg

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0976.jpg

IMG_0978_1.jpg

IMG_0980_1.jpg

IMG_0935_1.jpg

IMG_0936_1.jpg

IMG_0937_1.jpg

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_0938_1.jpg

IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1005.jpg

Note:  The snaps were not wanting to support the weight of the belt so I added the velcro squares as a temporary solution.  They aren't visible while suited up 

IMG_1006_1.jpg

IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_0997_1.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_0999_1.jpg

IMG_1001_1.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg
IMG_1022.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

Edited by CrestfallenTrooper
  • Like 1

Looking good for submission. 

If any critique I can give is:

1. your left shoulder could be pulled it a little tighter to match the right

2. your ab/kidney rivets look like they need to be retouched with white paint

3. the screws on the TD need to be pan headed, not flat.

good luck trooper 

Looks really good, Josh!
I think you've got EIB in the bag with a few minor adjustments and Centurion level if certainly in your future.

The TD screws jumped out at me but that's an easy fix.

Good luck with the submission!

Thanks guys!  

I noticed that the paint had worn off my kidney rivets after I took my photos in armor.  In the close ups you can see that I went back and touched them up (just to avoid confusion)

Can you recommend a good place to get the accurate screws for the TD?  

Hey Josh Sly or myself will be with you shortly. While you wait could you fill in the blanks below at post at the top of the page please.

Basic Information
501st Member Page:

Mandatory Information

Armor Maker = 
Helmet Maker = 
Blaster Type =

Optional Information also welcome

On 8/22/2017 at 7:19 PM, CrestfallenTrooper said:

Can you recommend a good place to get the accurate screws for the TD?  

I have those for sale here:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41113-correct-td-screws-for-sale/  

Great job on that build, Josh! I think you pretty much have EIB nailed, and it sounds like you are headed for Centurion!  For that, you will need to move your drop boxes out to where the outside edge aligns with the outside edge of your ABS belt.  (Easy fix).  It may be the photo, but it looks as if those ear screws may have to be replaced for level 3.  The head should look like the one in the photo below.  I have these available too if you need them.  See you at level 2 soon, Trooper!

CI4nTQf.jpg?2

5 hours ago, ukswrath said:

Hey Josh Sly or myself will be with you shortly. While you wait could you fill in the blanks below at post at the top of the page please.

Great!  I added the extra information to the top post

4 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

I have those for sale here:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41113-correct-td-screws-for-sale/  

Great job on that build, Josh! I think you pretty much have EIB nailed, and it sounds like you are headed for Centurion!  For that, you will need to move your drop boxes out to where the outside edge aligns with the outside edge of your ABS belt.  (Easy fix).  It may be the photo, but it looks as if those ear screws may have to be replaced for level 3.  The head should look like the one in the photo below.  I have these available too if you need them.  See you at level 2 soon, Trooper!

Perfect, thanks for the help!  I'm definitely planning on going for Centurion when I can get my helmet painted up so those items will come in handy.  I believe the Anovos ear screws are not passable for level 3 so I'll probably grab some of those as well.  

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Josh thank you for applying for EIB. 
CRL and EIB Application Requirements:
All the required submission photos have been posted. Very nice job on your build. Your armor meets all EIB requirements, Andrew and myself would like to welcome you to Expert Infantry Brock :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:
In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor and accuracy. If any suggestion affects any application, it will be listed separately in the above or below sections. Again, these are suggestions and recommendations. The accuracy is ultimately up to you.

We have a few areas to go over so let's get to it. Starting with the helmet the ear screws. The screws Anovos uses to secure the ears are incorrect. They should be "V" head slot screws. There are a couple sellers here on the FISD that have the correct screws. Note: Don't throw away these screws just yet, you'll need them.

Ear%20screws.jpg

Reference photo

gallery_12157_13_296927-crop2.jpg

Vcoder lines could use a little more definition as seen in the provided reference photo. A little touch up is in order in the following areas.  

Vcoder.jpg

Reference photo

vcoder.jpg

Hovi tip interior should be white as seen in the provided reference photo. It's hard to tell in your photo. If they're not white we're recommending you paint them.

Hovi.jpg

Reference photo

Hovi%20tip.jpg

Next is the left shoulder ball gap. There should be minimal gap between the shoulder bells and chest/back plates. This may be a simple photo issue, if not tightening the lower return edge strap (if used) to draw the bells in closer as indicated.

bell.jpg

Reference phoito

59603a67dfc5c_Shouldergap.jpg.6f5d750c92d81a87e0e82c789975131b.jpg

Next up is the back to kidney gap. There should be very minimal gap here. If you decide to shoot for Centurion we definitely encourage you to tighten up this area. 

back%202.jpgback.jpg

Reference photo

f609da44-0cd0-46aa-bfe2-66bb64f9f0a1.jpg

Another possible photo issue or area needing adjustment is your left forearm which appears to have a considerably larger gap between it and the hand guard. We're suggesting you minimize the gap to match your right side.

forearm.jpg

Thermal Detonator screws are incorrect. They should be flat pan head and slotted. Remember when I mentioned keeping the incorrect ear screws, well they're perfect for mounting the TD clips to the tube. We're recommending you change these.

TD.jpg

Reference photo

TD%20clip%20screws.jpg

So we noticed you have a pretty significant gap at the back of your thighs. That said, depending on how this armor functions when you walk it may be worth considering removing a bit from the circumference of the armor so it fits you better OR... at minimum make sure you have plenty of padding between the armor and your body. 

right%20thigh.jpg

Reference photo

Gap at lower left thigh. You have a pretty significant gap between armor halves at the lower return edge. As you know the cover strip does not cover this area, or we wouldn't be having this conversation lol. Our suggestion would be to close this gap a bit more or maybe put a piece of cover strip or scrap material behind it to conceal the gap.

left%20thigh.jpg

Reference photo

a8c2be79-dff2-46f9-b6ce-4cf5e78bde43.jpg

Not a huge issue but when connecting the calf halves try to align the tops. Besides uniformity it helps prevent armor bites.

calves.jpg

And finally, your waist belt is a little droopy on the left side, not bad. It should be roughly 1/4"-1/2" higher. Take a look at the provided reference photo.

belt.jpg

Reference photo

88b875e6-1427-49f6-a693-9f3b16336ed1.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:
In this section we prepare you for your Centurion application if you choose to apply. If there were any areas of concern they would be discussed here. We have a couple area that will need to be addressed before applying for Centurion. The CRL states the drop boxes should be aligned with the outer most edge of the ammo belt. Simply correctly positioning the drop box connecting strap then gluing it to the cloth belt should keep them in place and aligned. 

CRL: *For level three certification (if applicable): Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap. 

The boxes should also sit just below the ammo belt lower edge. 

IMG_1010b.jpg drop%20box.jpg

Here's a reference photo

gallery_12157_59_37792-crop.jpg

Lastly there's to be no return edge at the wrist side of the forearms. Please remove any and all return edge material.

forearm%202.jpg

Reference photo

gallery_12157_59_23801.jpg

That's it, great job. Hope to see you at Centurion. :jc_doublethumbup:

• ukswrath changed the title to TK-52017 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (Anovos) [753]