Would these gloves be acceptable?

Hello All

Wanted to ask a quick question on gloves.

I have attached this drawing of latex washing up gloves and was wondering if they would be acceptable for basic approval. Natrually they are black gloves, but i drew the texture detail in light grey only so it would be easly see for judging.

I would trim the red part off, but would that corrupt the glove, making it vulnerable to peeling off?

Anyway, please let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

Edited by Shinyarmour1

Texture is normally fine as long as they are all black. You can check with your GML (garrison membership liaison) as ultimately he/she will be approving your costume ;)

Edited by gmrhodes13

So I assume that the gray area shown is actually black?  As long as the entire glove is black you should be good to go.  I wouldn't go too short when you cut off the length.  The reason being is that if it's too short it will keep coming out of your forearm armor.

Agreed.  Looks right, flies right.  Heck, most people troop with nomex gloves.  As long as they are all black, you should be good.

On 8/18/2017 at 3:22 PM, themaninthesuitcase said:

I think the gloves I wear every troop are just heavy duty washing up gloves.  If not my back up pair certainly is.

I only use the rubber gloves for canon troops, a it tends to get just a little warm here in Florida and they tend to fill up with sweat in no time.  Even cotton "liners" don't help when it's 98 degrees outside.  You will need them for level 3 but like Paul mentioned many switch to Nomex ones after Centurion approval for comfort.  If you do go with Nomex eventually, I recommend getting the ones with the extended wrist.  The ones with the shorter wrist tend to come out of the forearm opening exposing your skin.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

Thanks for the feedback guys.  I have checked with my GML and I believe these dishwasher glove are acceptable.  Also, they will make a great backup pair if I get some better gloves in the future.

Thanks again.