A new guy has a question

Hi,

Olaf here. I am finally starting to look around for a TK kit. I was discussing it with my CO and he recommended I contact Trooper Gear for a set of AM/AM2 armor.

If I am going to do a TK I am going to shoot for Centurion right from the start. I saw in the CRL that AM chests/backs are not acceptable for level 3.

Based on the email I received from TG they are now producing AM2 which according to him are completely redesigned to be more accurate and acceptable for all levels of approval.

My question:

Would I be able to get approved at Centurion level with AM2 armor? Specifically the chest and back?

Thanks in advance

Whoo, another potential Centurion!  I did Centurion from the start as well, with AM2 armor.  I contacted RT-Mod for a replacement back plate.

Interestingly, in researching, I discovered that the CRL for ESB TKs indicates AM 1.0 chest is to be replaced, and AM (not specified 1 or 2) back plate to be replaced; however, on ANH Hero and Stunt, it's listed as AM chest and back plates to be replaced, without specifying 1.0 or 2.0.  (I did ESB).  I'm inclined to say it's an oversight in the language, as the reference image on all three CRLs is exactly the same.  But, full disclaimer: I have no actual authority on this, so this is just my humble opinion.  (Anyone with knowledge and/or such authority, please chime in- I'm curious to know for future reference as well).  

I've also heard AM2 is now accurate for all levels, but I've not seen one in person or a photo to accurately judge for myself.  I bought my kit about two years ago, and had to upgrade the back plate (if I can find a picture of both versions, I'll add them, the difference is pretty obvious side by side).  My recommendation is do what I did- order the AM, check out your pieces and determine if replacement parts are necessary, if not, build to Centurion and done.  If needed, get replacements on order, build to Centurion minus those requirements, join in the Legion and all the fun, then swap out once they arrive and apply for EIB/Centurion.  

Good luck!

Yes the new versions of the AM 2.0 will be acceptable. I have the AM 2.0 and it is a great kit, you will be very happy. I'm almost complete with getting ready to submit my photos for the next level now. Good luck!

• Like 1

On 7/18/2017 at 5:49 PM, Olaf said:

Hi,

Olaf here. I am finally starting to look around for a TK kit. I was discussing it with my CO and he recommended I contact Trooper Gear for a set of AM/AM2 armor.

If I am going to do a TK I am going to shoot for Centurion right from the start. I saw in the CRL that AM chests/backs are not acceptable for level 3.

Based on the email I received from TG they are now producing AM2 which according to him are completely redesigned to be more accurate and acceptable for all levels of approval.

My question:

Would I be able to get approved at Centurion level with AM2 armor? Specifically the chest and back?

Thanks in advance

BTW Joe I didn't realize this was you at first.  I've spoken to Anthony about this as well. AM will be a great set of armor for you. It will work out very well. Don't hesitate. 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2017 at 8:12 PM, starsaber25 said:

BTW Joe I didn't realize this was you at first.  I've spoken to Anthony about this as well. AM will be a great set of armor for you. It will work out very well. Don't hesitate. 

Thanks and no worries! I didn't realize you were and admin here or I would have messaged you! Just waiting to hear back from TG.

Yeah Olaf is that nickname/callsign I want to use across all my detachments/characters. Working on getting that changed

• Like 1