Spontaneous Appearances

MacPhisto

Hello all,

Since I'm new to the whole 501st and trooping in general, I was wondering if anyone has had experience with what I'll call spontaneous appearances.  What I mean by that is, did you ever show up in your armor to an event where they weren't expecting you to be in such a state.  The reason why I'm asking this is because my family's church is having a father/daughter dance.  I was thinking of showing up in my TK armor to dance the night away with my girls but I don't know how receptive they would be to the idea. 

If you have ever had a spontaneous appearance at an event where there wasn't anyone expecting you in full armor I'd like to know what response you got.  Were you shunned?  Did the villagers chase you away with pitchforks and torches?  Did they think you were the advance for a troop looking to occupy the area?  Please let me know; inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks in advance!

Only you know the mindset of a function really. I tend to stick to safety...Ask in advance if the event would have qualms about it. It will be hot, dark, and likely no sitting. I'd leave the blaster at home.

• Like 5

A lot of it depends on the type of event, Solomon.  For a church function you should be fine, but I would check with the person in charge of it first.  Normally trooping alone at an event is not such a good idea. Without an experienced handler, people (especially kids) can get a little rambunctious.  I know a Trooper who did a 10 year old's birthday party alone which was supposed to last an hour, but he left 15 minutes into it after the kids kept punching his armor and the parents just watched and laughed.  He also had his TD stolen.

I highly discourage anyone going to an event alone where alcohol is involved.  The adults are worse than the kids.

• Like 2

You could just use the bucket, gloves hand plates and boots. Like a tuxedo trooper. I did that in work cloths taking my son to and from school on May 4th and everyone loved it. Plus easy to pop the bucket and be back to "normal ".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could just use the bucket, gloves hand plates and boots. Like a tuxedo trooper. I did that in work cloths taking my son to and from school on May 4th and everyone loved it. Plus easy to pop the bucket and be back to "normal ".

I call it 'TK Business Casual'.

Business%20Casual_zpsh8jhizwr.jpg

Halloween at work last year, since I wore the whole TK the year before.

The only times I've trooped a non-501st event were at my church for Halloween/Fall Festival.  I have not tried showing up some place in costume, but consider the audience if you do.  The church event you mentioned, should have no issues. You may consider changing into street clothes for the last half of the evening since it is not the most comfortable outfit to party in.

• Like 1

You know what Jeff, I think you have a valid point here on the use of the bucket with a suit and tie.  I think that's a definitive answer in the affirmative for this type of an event.  If it gets to be too much I can just take the bucket off and I'll be good to go.  I'll be sure to post some pics after the event!

• Like 1

You know what Jeff, I think you have a valid point here on the use of the bucket with a suit and tie.  I think that's a definitive answer in the affirmative for this type of an event.  If it gets to be too much I can just take the bucket off and I'll be good to go.  I'll be sure to post some pics after the event!

Glad I could help.

But, don't forget the Standard Issue Imperial Belt Buckle.  If the quartermaster doesn't have any left, check your local Target or here on-line: http://www.target.com/p/belt-buckle-star-wars-silver/-/A-49125471

Glad I could help.

But, don't forget the Standard Issue Imperial Belt Buckle.  If the quartermaster doesn't have any left, check your local Target or here on-line: http://www.target.com/p/belt-buckle-star-wars-silver/-/A-49125471

Awesomeness!

• Like 1

Well done. :duim:

Nice work

That...is...gonna be copied :D

Thanks everyone!  My girls thought I was awesome!  Doing the macarena in the bucket wasn't easy, at all.