Most accurate armour

What do you think is the most accurate armour, TE or AP?

I checked out RT armour but found out it is probably too big for me. I'm 5"9, 33-34" waist.

Can anyone explain the main differences between TE and AP and are they easy to source?

I really want something screen accurate.

Sorry if these are dumb questions, I'm still learning. :rolleyes:

Scott

What do you think is the most accurate armour, TE or AP?

I checked out RT armour but found out it is probably too big for me. I'm 5"9, 33-34" waist.

Can anyone explain the main differences between TE and AP and are they easy to source?

I really want something screen accurate.

Sorry if these are dumb questions, I'm still learning.

Scott

We are all new at some point in time.

AP and TE2 are great armors. Both are from good background, so it’s your call on that one. Great kits.

TM and RT are awesome Fanmades. Great stuff.

Reading up on all the armor debates can get redundant, and all have his or her own opinion on what is the best.

My opinion? Well... :D

You can’t go wrong with a set of AP, TE2 or TM. RT is awesome as well, for the thicker trooper. FX has its merit as well for the price these days. I truly believe that in armor opinions how you plan on treating it is the key.

I for one am light on mine, but a heavy use troop might want to look at durability. That’s this troops .02

TE2, AP, TM and RT are some of the best out there. Great guys to boot.

That probably didn’t help much, but in armor opinions yours is the one that counts my friend.

It depends on what you mean by accuracy. TE2 has the closest link to an actual suit. TM is the most faithful fan sculpt. At least of the more common armors out there.

I beg to differ that the RT is just for the big boned.It will fit a mouse or a house it just depends on how you build and trim your armour suit.

Im 5'7" bare foot with a 30" waist and owned an RT set,it was great no problem for my size.Ive had FX and that was also fine.I own a set of TM now and again fits like a glove exept i would say the legs,but a very small fix with trimming the backs so that i can bend my legs.

You need to know yourself well.The parts that need your close attension are the legs upper and the cod everything else on all sets should fit fine on almost everyone.

There are 1000 fixes on this forum for almost every parts of your suit or suit to be.Read,read read short cuts are not the answer.be a sponge and soak up the info all about you its a great book with many many Authors. B)

Once you get away from FX it all starts looking good. I think TM is damn fine looking armor but I dont dig the shins. I think they sink in a little much along the front seam, but thats just me. If cost wasnt an option, I'd go with TM armor with AP shins. Maybe one day the exchange rate to the US wont be so bad and I can afford some TM armor.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I guess I need to know where I can source some of this armour from now. I don't really know where to go to find it! I've spoken to RT about armour, but he thinks it's too big for me, so I've ruled that out. I'd love to know where to go to source AP, TE2 or TM. I don't want to go down the FX route, looking to spend a little more.

well my first armor which i'm still currently working on is an FX TX black kit!!!! i figure that the FX is a great start to get into this hobby...with the black kit being my first...i learned a lot a lot a lot of things...from tools to how to approach things, so it's def. a good and less expensive way to go...you could also get an FX lite kit, minus the helmet of course!!!!! when i eventually go WHITE, i will def. get one of the more accurate kits....just my two cents...i've heard many great things about AP kits though!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I'd love to know where to go to source AP

Contact info sent via PM

I have a set of AP armor and love it; IMO I think it's one of the more accurate set of armors out there. The kit is made for someone between 6' and 5'7 so it should fit you perfectly.

• 4 weeks later...
Contact info sent via PM

I have a set of AP armor and love it; IMO I think it's one of the more accurate set of armors out there. The kit is made for someone between 6' and 5'7 so it should fit you perfectly.

Would you mind sending that contact info my way as well? It'd be much appreciated.

What's the deal with the disney armor? is it up to snuff?