Pauldrons

I can tell man I felt a hole in my pocket when I made that perches with my ANH armor from RS

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

lol

Just to add fuel to the fire, the last episode of Rebels showed quite a few TKs with pauldrons (and no other extra gear).  Thrawn's troopers also had insignias on their pauldrons which was interesting to see.

Just to add fuel to the fire, the last episode of Rebels showed quite a few TKs with pauldrons (and no other extra gear).  Thrawn's troopers also had insignias on their pauldrons which was interesting to see.

True, but Rebels is a totally different CRL from regular OT TKs.

I noticed that about the insignias on the pauldrons, though!  That was new!

A Fire Team Patrol with pauldrons is not too bad !!

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

This topic recently came up (again) on the Anovos Kit Building Group on FB. My take on the pauldron has always been this:

One can argue that stormtroopers in Episode 4 didn't wear pauldrons (besides sandtroopers), but one can also argue that the stormtroopers in Rebels are normal stormtroopers (beyond the animated medium in which they're presented) who do wear pauldrons. And the ones that wear pauldrons and are with Lord Vader are probably even members of the canon 501st Legion.

One could further argue "yes, but you should only wear that with the animated series armor," but the static CRLs based on singular "screen accurate" references (and the hardline attitudes that can accompany them) are probably the biggest flaw in the 501st's costuming methodology, and one reason why garrisons are given some leeway in this matter for non-LFL troops.

Personally, I feel that CRLs are needed so that costumes don't turn into a hodge podge of thrown-together accessories (of which I may be slightly guilty of sometimes, with things like a pauldron or comlink on my non-Hero non-sandy TK). That being said, CRLs are based on static movie references that get retconned constantly, even with new canon. I'll go without a pauldron for LFL or canon troops, but otherwise I'm fine with making my own decisions within the boundaries of my garrison.

I kind of opened a can of worms there didn't I with my reply. I personally don't like pauldrons unless you're a sandy, can't tell you why must be something to do with colour contrast on a clean TK.

That said, if you like them and your unit lets you use them for some events I'm not going to be the one to tell you that you can't wear it.

• Like 2

I kind of opened a can of worms there didn't I with my reply. I personally don't like pauldrons unless you're a sandy, can't tell you why must be something to do with colour contrast on a clean TK.

That said, if you like them and your unit lets you use them for some events I'm not going to be the one to tell you that you can't wear it.

I completely understand both sides of he argument and take no umbrage :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I feel that CRLs are needed so that costumes don't turn into a hodge podge of thrown-together accessories

It would be chaos. The local ghostbuster group permits non-canon customization of characters and the result is that two guys look like they walked off the set and the other five or six look like really bad fan-fiction cosplay because they're all trying to one-up and look cooler and more unique than the person next to them.

• Like 1