Charging handle remedy?

Troopacoola

Ok, so I know many e11s suffer during troops, especially the charging handle breaking off.

I have been pondering this issue for a while now and seeing as I have just begun another Doopy's build, which is for my son as a Christmas present,I thought I would take the opportunity to see if I could find a solution.

First off was to drill out a small hole in the base and then begin to make a slot in the rear part of the bolt

c10d8e87447fb22f4d02159e659832f6.jpg

9cbb108f3faf60c54bcdb503af0ccdb3.jpg

Next was to thread an elastic band through a small brass tube rivet, crimp the rivet, apply a little ca glue and then trim the excess band

39618f3ef0096513489c10e7ab62fa46.jpg

Once dry the band and rivet were glued into the hole in the handle

a522752391c6d8c005db2895b6c047b8.jpg

The next job was to attach another tube rivet on the underside of rear bolt section, and feed the handle assembley through the bolt and rivet.

7dcf81ddfbd4c3dbec82153ba2e346d1.jpg

Once done I then crimped the second rivet and trimmed the excess band. which left me with this.

3f9297f2dc17ca3dd0e47efa0764c357.jpg

As you can see, this gives the handle the ability to move about a little, and return to its original position, which hopefully means that if it gets a knock, or when holstered it won't snap off!

63cd7874fbc7774403c305fe0cea46e7.jpg

9ba9c197d1166ba3b9955fa560223478.jpg

29f392107d1d726c1ee4a2c36d1a89f7.jpg

Thoughts?

Marc

Edited by CTID
  • Like 4

Nice! I got tired of mine breaking off. My solution wascto wrap it up in a nice soft, fuzzy twin sizdd blanket. Have not had the issue since

• Like 1

That is a very nice idea, Marc. Thank you for sharing this here :duim: Guess this will help a lot of people with their trooping-blasters...

Thanks Tino. I'm not sure what other methods others use, but I thought I'd offer up this method.

Marc

Very tidy! I just used a bit of brass wire, seems to have done the job but time will tell.

I tried using a spring initially, but it just stretched an wouldn't return to its original position

Marc

Has anyone any advice on adding cheap and easy lights and sound to a blaster? I know many have ripped apart toy blasters for this, and I'm no good with coding etc. But, is there a simple circuit board which you can put a micro sd card in which will play a sound when you pull the trigger? I can manage to hook up the electronics/ make a trigger switch etc, but that's as far as my skills go

Help would be very much appreciated as it would be amazing to be able to give my son a blaster with lights and sound

Regards

Marc

Hey Mark, electronics123.com has simple sound boards that may work and the prices are reasonable. The one I bought fit into a double A battery holder to give you a size reference.

sent from my phone

• Like 1

Adafruit do a simple board that will do that called the Audio FX board.  They used to do one with built in amp too but looks like they killed that one  :(

It comes in a 2MB or 1MB built in storage and uses specially named files to work so is very simple.

Adafruit do a simple board that will do that called the Audio FX board. They used to do one with built in amp too but looks like they killed that one :(

It comes in a 2MB or 1MB built in storage and uses specially named files to work so is very simple.

This one?

4cefdf89ac09c14846ee6c6245ffa983.jpg

Marc