any good or should i walk away?

hi, im still searching and comparing all the suits out there.

it is all sooo confusing and dazling... there is too much difference and models...

I have set my sights on 2 stores (set apart from FB suppliers)

originalstormtrooper.com   and  RSPropmaster..

can anyone give me the pro's and con's for these stores, for they both claim to be the original molds...

please some tips...  :-)

I've asked the same question of original Stormtrooper and a number of people have said to stay away from them. Not sure about RS but Authentic Props (AP) gets a lot of praise from 501st members.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi PIM. Original Stormtrooper isn't the original sculptor of the stormtrooper. That was done by Liz Moore and Brian Muir. Original Stormtrooper vacuum formed the suits for the movie. He is misleading people. RS props is casted from an original ANH set of armor and is far superior to the other. The original Stormtrooper will require extra work to get it 501st Approved. Please refer to the getting started threads. And welcome to FISD!

• Like 1

Hi PIM, welcome to FISD

You can visit and research here : http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/page-1%27

for "original sculpter and molds" you can search the discussion thread about it.

Edited by swibowoj

"<br>

In 1976 prop maker Andrew Ainsworth of Shepperton Design Studios created the original Stormtrooper helmets and armour for the first Star Wars movie, A New Hope. All these years later, Andrew produces genuine, authentic replicas using the original moulds, as close as it is possible to get to the original film props...."<br><br>

Is the txt on their site plus movies... strange that they are not correct..

"<br>

In 1976 prop maker Andrew Ainsworth of Shepperton Design Studios created the original Stormtrooper helmets and armour for the first Star Wars movie, A New Hope. All these years later, Andrew produces genuine, authentic replicas using the original moulds, as close as it is possible to get to the original film props...."<br><br>

Is the txt on their site plus movies... strange that they are not correct..

Created as in made the suits used yes. Not created as in designed and invented. He was just hired to run the vac forming machine. Also, it's not the original moulds he's using since he is missing a lot of important details seen on the original suits. But we've had this discussion countless of times on the forum. Go search for some of those for the longer story.

Go with RS Props. It's the closest you will get.

No kit is automatically approved out of the box. The fit when the build is completed will make a big difference for each person. ANOVOS kits, with some extra work, have been awarded Centurion level here at FISD. That is the highest level of accuracy as defined within the Legion's CRL (Costume Reference Library). You definitely won't go wrong with RS if you are seeking screen accuracy.

Im all new to this and am affraid to think i bought a good armour, but actually have thrown away my money. <br>

eventually i have the hope it to as acurate as possible, but so many claim to be one from the orinal molds.<br>

also im 6,4" and heavy... im affraid most suits wont fit.<br><br>

Im currently stuck between 3 stores, but some troopers praise 1, while others completely destroy them.<br>

rsprop, orig.strooper, and anovos, though the last starts shipping in januari, i 'need' it for the end of the year...<br><br>

Again, centurion is for now a too high goal, but basic 501 seems like a great achievement...<br><br>

Sugestions anyone?

Im all new to this and am affraid to think i bought a good armour, but actually have thrown away my money. <br>

eventually i have the hope it to as acurate as possible, but so many claim to be one from the orinal molds.<br>

Im currently stuck between 3 stores, but some troopers praise 1, while others completely destroy them.<br>

rsprop, orig.strooper, and anovos, though the last starts shipping in januari, i 'need' it for the end of the year...<br><br>

Again, centurion is for now a too high goal, but basic 501 seems like a great achievement...<br><br>

Sugestions anyone?

Go to this list http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/page-1%27

If it isn't on the list there is usually good reason. Read through the list, then take a look at different threads here regarding each armor type. They each have their strengths and weaknesses, but they are on that list for a reason. As others have said, if it isn't on this list it is most likely best to avoid. If you are a bigger person your best bet would be to AM 2.0 or RT Mod. How to contact them is also in that link others (and I)  have listed above.

Edit: If you are 6'4 and heavy, I don't think the RS kit would fit you although I could be mistaken. Don't go with Original Stormtrooper it just isn't worth it. You will spend way more time, money and effort to bring it up to even basic 501st acceptance. That being said people have gotten it approved with a lot of work.

Edited by Jinsei

Sugestions anyone?

If you're 6'4" and heavy, you'll probably want to look into RT-Mod or AM2.0. Those armors have made it to Centurion many times, and are specifically sculpted with larger troopers in mind. They're both listed on the vetted armorers list that Jinsei just linked to. Darth Aloha is a leader here on FISD and he's 6'5" and wears RT-Mod armor.

I'm 6'3" and 97 kg, and I'm definitely right at the limit of what the Anovos armor can handle without major modifications. Anovos and RS Props are similarly sized, IIRC, since they're all pretty directly made from screen-used sources.

Edited by kman

So coming back to this thread and reading more then I did this morning, the guys right above are correct PIM.  You really should consider AM or RT-Mod.  While they don't have a "store" as you have mentioned they are legit sellers of armor and there is no issues with them whatsoever.  Those kits are made specifically for the larger trooper in mind.  While they are not the same size as a screen derived armor set, they look just as good in most circumstances because it is all proportional.  If you get a screen derived set of armor at  your size it may not ever look as good as these two on your body size even though they are screen derived.

Thank you all... im definately going to checkout the AM 2.0 or RT Mod. Suits.<br>

Glad i asked, so im saved from a big disapointment and needing to spend way more money on replacement parts.

now that i probably know what i need, i now need to find them... i can not find anyone advertising a AM 2.0 or RT Mod. Suit..
does any one has some clues on where to check? since the list provided above does not give clear 
AM 2.0 or RT Mod. options...

now that i probably know what i need, i now need to find them... i can not find anyone advertising a AM 2.0 or RT Mod. Suit..

does any one has some clues on where to check? since the list provided above does not give clear AM 2.0 or RT Mod. options...

Yeah, we have a dedicated post for exactly that: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

that list only has 1 RT supplier, and im not willing to wait more than 12 months...  :-)

my problem is that most kits will be too much work or will never ever fit me proper...

can someone please tell me who can sell me an AM2.0 or RT kit? exact names or locations please.
i don't understand why no one can or will tell me where i can go, and only point me (for me) to vague lists without clear answers.
it is not that i'm asking for something unethical right?

no offence intended, but ive been looking for what to do for so long now...

Edited by mauvia

that list only has 1 RT supplier, and im not willing to wait more than 12 months...  :-)

my problem is that most kits will be too much work or will never ever fit me proper...

can someone please tell me who can sell me an AM2.0 or RT kit? exact names or locations please.

i don't understand why no one can or will tell me where i can go, and only point me to vague lists without clear answers.

it is not that i'm asking for something unethical right? i know there are more than enough people out there who build perfect armours, but pointing me into a direction of 1 or 2 of them will not hurt the others...

The list tells you exactly who to talk to. AM2 doesn't have a long list, and RT mod might not have one either. Email them and ask. It's as easy as that.

that list only has 1 RT supplier, and im not willing to wait more than 12 months... :-)

can someone please tell me who can sell me an AM2.0 or RT kit? exact names or locations please.

i don't understand why no one can or will tell me where i can go, and only point me (for me) to vague lists without clear answers.

Only rt sells rt. He only makes do many a year. This is how hobby armour works.

Email him. If he has a list he will add you. Or he won't.

• Like 1

They're all types of Stormtrooper armor, made by each vendor individually. Anovos has their molds, RT has their own molds, AM has their own molds, etc.

These kits are made by individuals (other than Anovos). They do not usually have large detailed sales websites for liability reasons (and to help avoid copyright issues from Disney/Anovos). They are not sold retail, except for Anovos. You buy them directly from the person who makes them. That's why there aren't "other vendors" who can sell you RT-Mod or AM armor.

Your best bet is to contact the two vendors (directly... using their email addresses which are in the link that's been posted for you several times) and ask them what their current pricelist is, and what the current waitlist is like, and then you'll have to wait. I wish I had better news for you, but there is literally no retail source of stormtrooper armor that carries stock in all possible sizes, ready to buy for anyone at any time. Everyone has to wait for the very few places that actually make the armor to ship it. This is even true of Anovos armor, which is certainly the largest producer by far, since they own the license from Disney. They only make one size, however, and they seem to do roughly one run per year. It took nearly a year from time I ordered to the time I received my Anovos armor, and this is the single largest producer on the planet that mass produces armor in China, not a single guy making armor from hand-sculpted molds on a vacuform machine in his garage.

Edited by kman
  • Like 1