bowski's noOb MTK build

Congrats on receiving your BBB! I would recommend you host your images on Photobucket. The space for photos here is a bit restrictive.

Thanks everyone! I hope to start this weekend. What do you recommend is the best to focus on first?

If you are a little scared I'd suggest a hand plate or two, can't go too wrong there and gives you a feel for what you are using and doing ;)

Play with your handplates, then move on to your biceps, forearms, or shins. When you're comfortable with the material, jump back to the helmet, because it's awesome having a helmet.

I started working with the abs hand guards to get a feel since I will not be using those and using the latex ones instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Play with your handplates, then move on to your biceps, forearms, or shins. When you're comfortable with the material, jump back to the helmet, because it's awesome having a helmet.

I can't wait to do my helmet! But I know I need to start small lol

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll work on the hand guards this weekend and go from there :)

• Like 1

Joseph here on the forums sells a fantastic latex hand guard. Pair those with some chemical gloves you can pick up at Lowes/Home Depot and you're good to go. I already had a pair so Joseph's went on my flight gloves as chemical gloves make my hands super sweaty and its what I prefer to troop in. 

Edited by Airborne Trooper
  • Like 1

I dug in on the forearms today. I was pretty nervous while cutting and my end up trimming more because they are still pretty big for me. But I didn't want to over do it. So I'd rather have to trim again then cut too much. The trooperbay videos make it look way easier than the way it went for me lol

I need some advice on cover strips. Probably a dumb question but how do I gauge how wide my cover strips should be? I have pretty small forearms because female. I'll be more concerned later with my thighs. 

Aa0S135.jpg?1

5WI9NXD.jpg?1

I'm not confident enough to tackle anything glue related yet but I am getting used to trimming.

E6000 is very forgiving, and cleans up well. Stick with E6000 and you will have an endless number of do-overs. Start with glueing the biceps. They're small and a good first object for experimenting with glue. You can do it!
  • Like 3

The coverstrips for the forarms and biceps is 15mm. So trim each pc. To 7.5mm and your good. Make sure you have plenty of magnets, you can never have enough.