Anovos kit vs completed ensemble

What is the difference beside a couple hundred dollars?

I'm assuming the kit required me to build it, but is the completed ensemble is ready to wear? Or would I still have to work on it? I don't know anything about building

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kit with completed helmet - $650

Completed ensemble - $1800

Big difference!

I'd imagine the completed ensemble would just involve a few fitting tweaks?

3 x the price because trimming/assembling requires a ton of more work, if you don't have the skills or patience get the ready to wear but it comes with the price tag and you will still need further custom adjustments, no out of box ready to wear armor will fit perfect.

Edited by ABS80

Nobody has seen the completed kit from Anovos. Keep in mind that if they build the suit it will not be fitted to your body like you can when you build it yourself. Also they will probably assemble it with their velcro and elastic which most have found is far from the best way to do it.

More important than the price is the fact that I have yet to see an single report of anyone who ordered a completed ensemble actually receiving one! AFAIK they're all still waiting... including those who ordered (and paid) in early 2015!

Has anyone actually seen one delivered yet?

More important than the price is the fact that I have yet to see an single report of anyone who ordered a completed ensemble actually receiving one! AFAIK they're all still waiting... including those who ordered (and paid) in early 2015!

Has anyone actually seen one delivered yet?

I haven't heard of anybody getting them.  But according tho their website it says that completed ensembles will start shipping in quarter 2.  However there are holds on new orders.  Also all of the remaining kits are sold out.  I have a feeling that we won't be seeing any new Anovos stormtrooper kits for a very long time.  They still haven't even started shipping older orders of costumes that they promised some time ago.  They have to get to those at some point and it seems like they can really only do one full costume at a time.

An important question is how close you are to the ideal stormtrooper size, assuming you will be wearing the suit and not just displaying it. I believe that is 5 feet 10 inches with a medium build. If you are not close to that, the pre-built suit won't work without major modifications.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I'm 5 feet 11 inches. 230 lbs 38 inch waist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll need a suit that can height adjusted from stock, and shims will need to be built into the sides to accommodate your girth. (I had to, also, and I weigh a little less) The stock suit definitely will not fit you well. It CAN fit you well, but not without modifications. Edited by kman