SpiceCredits ANH Stunt Build Thread [AP]

Looks good! How are you going to attach your drop boxes (shown with loops of elastic) now that you have the ABS belt attached to the fabric belt with rivets?

• Like 1

haha!..hands with oven mitts!

I thought it was Zoidberg helping with the boiling water! Lol! Whoop! Whoop! Whoop! Whoop! Whoop!

Jim

• Like 2

Here is a cut and paste. If it doesn't work look up maninthesuitcase anovos thread.

With a sanding drum (use a new one, the old one I was using took ages. Swapped to a new one took seconds) I thinned down the leather until I could get the needed clearance for the snap to crimp. The blue tape is a guide to stop be going too far down where you'd see it below the belt.

26450801866_7a647a003f_c.jpg

Theres not a huge amount crimped but the load isn't working on it in that direction so I am happy it will hold okay.

26203858020_103b47c6e5_c.jpg

I know it wasn't his primary reason but maybe it will work for you.

Didn't work. It was black all the way through. I'm going to pick up some from Tandy Leather this Saturday.

• Like 1

Looks good! How are you going to attach your drop boxes (shown with loops of elastic) now that you have the ABS belt attached to the fabric belt with rivets?

Thank you! MoSc0ut is right. I used snaps instead of rivets. 

FullSizeRender_zpspcg6suf0.jpg

Ok, belt is officially attached to the ab plate! Yay! I also went ahead and added the  brass cod rivet since I decided I'll be adding a snap plate for that area this weekend.

I should have my webbing order in tomorrow. I'll be reworking the right-side ab/kidney seam, getting the arms strapped together, the cod strapped and chest/ab strapped as well. I'll probably go ahead and add shoulder straps and the elastic bands if I can fit that in. Oh, and holster strips added and attaching it to the belt also.

Now that I look back, I'm not sure how much I'll actually get done, but I hope to get most of that done with the 3-day weekend. 

These are a little blurry, sorry.

FullSizeRender_zps3zjifcka.jpg

IMG_4989_zpsoe4qi5df.jpg

IMG_4991_zpsqrsw0y8s.jpg

• Like 3

Sounds like we're both in the final stretch of our respective builds. I'm hoping to have my submission photos for basic approval to the deployment officer by tomorrow. Just have to finish that neck seal, bicep to forearm connection, get the hand plates and an buttons glued on and a few other minor adjustments. Then I can take the photos and get it submitted. I think I might make the fore arms detachable from the bicep so I can store my phone and keys in there.

Jim

• Like 1

I'm close, but I still have legs to fit and assemble. I just got some leather to replace the straps on the holster, so I'm about to finish my belt today. As soon as that's done I need to start making elastic straps for the arms. I'm hoping to be done by next weekend. <br><br>

I'm making everything in mine detachable. Mainly just incase I need to resize for whatever reason. Where are you storing phone and keys in your forearm? I was thinking of just getting one of those zipper pocket things that go around your neck. I didn't make my drop boxes to where they open either. That seemed too risky to hold anything in to me.

• Like 1

I agree about the drop box thing. Modern phones won't fit in there and plus whatever is in there would just clunk around. As far as the forearm is concerned and storage when I figure that out I'll be more than happy to share! Lol! I talked to another trooper that keeps her cell and keys in there. But at the time she was in an Xwing pilot outfit and couldn't show me. I have heard of people putting a little pocket on the back side of their holsters too so that was another thought of mine. Maybe some 3" wide elastic fashioned into a pouch? Something like this?

3659a8e5afb11e02478d8b449fd9248f.jpg

(Quick paper mock up)

Jim

• Like 2

Looks awesome!

Jim

Thanks! I thought it would take a little longer than it did. Now I can start threading some elastic!

That's a sweet idea! I'll probably end up doing the same! I think the holster is a pretty good idea. I like the forearm idea too, but I wonder if that would cause one arm to hang lower? Maybe inside the ab? or chest? Ab seems like it would be solid. OR... attached to the garter that holds the thighs??

• Like 1

After some more thought and some test fitting the fore arm may make a good place for a key and maybe a few $ and/or a debit card my iPhone is just to big to fit anywhere in there. The trooper I talked to must have much smaller arms or a smaller phone. I'm probably going with either the back of the holster or someplace behind the chest.

Jim

• Like 2

Ok, so here's my progress for the day.

I still need to add the shoulder straps, the elastic band to hold them down, and finish the straps that hold the chest to ab. I'll do those tomorrow. I haven't eaten all day since I've ben doing this and I'm starving. 

I still can't seem to get that pesky right-side to sit flush. However it may just be that I need help putting the armor on. lolol That was way difficult to do by myself!

Also still need to add the hooks on the biceps.

What do you guys think so far?

(Keep in mind the chest isn't attached to the ab yet...that's why it's shifting around)

IMG_5003_zpsjbaxoc8z.jpg

IMG_5004_zpsku0rw8d7.jpg

IMG_5007_zpsyqxgbl3m.jpg

This was as close as I could get doing it all on my own and including the helmet. lolol I tried with it on, but the pics turned out horrible.

IMG_5013_zpspe7j72ll.jpg

Edited by SpiceCredits
  • Like 2