SpiceCredits ANH Stunt Build Thread [AP]

So I didn't get much done the past few days. I had a birthday and then some really downer personal stuff go on, and I'll be gone this weekend as well. I'll be starting back up strong next week!

Happy belated Birthday! I had my birthday this month too!

Sorry to hear about the rough parts hope all goes well.

Before I leave this weekend, I wanted to show pics of my ab/kidney connection. My plan is to add nylon webbing in between the elastic. But for now, here's this.

IMG_4925_zps4uzp190t.jpg

IMG_4926_zpsdabzuo1m.jpg

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Here's what I have done tonight.

Tomorrow will be strapping the cod/butt, the chest/back, and the shoulder bells…And probably the extra right-side ab/kidney straps too.

I'll try to get a pic of the torso and shoulder bells on after I get them attached. 

Back%20Assembled_zpstfuwlva4.jpg 

• Like 2

Before I leave this weekend, I wanted to show pics of my ab/kidney connection. My plan is to add nylon webbing in between the elastic. But for now, here's this. 

IMG_4925_zps4uzp190t.jpg

IMG_4926_zpsdabzuo1m.jpg

Wow that notch worked out perfect for you huh?  You had no extra?

• Like 2

Thanks! It lined up pretty well. I had zero extra! lol I had to trim right at the "red-lines". Any more wouldn't have fit right, and any less wouldn't look right. lol

Very cool!  Hope mine works out like that as well  ;)

• Like 1

I didn't get as much done today as expected. I need to buy some more snaps. All I have left are brass, and I don't want to mix and match them. I thought I had more. lol :P 

I got my chest connected to the back and another right-side ab/kidney strap done. I'm going to add two straps of nylon webbing to the middle-ish area of the right side ab/kidney, and two on the left-hand side as well to keep the kidney from flaring out  and to keep the seam tighter than it is. You'll see in the pics. I think the belt will keep the butt from flaring a bit too. I'm waiting on a new one to come from Mark (AP) right now.

I'm going to be ordering new snaps and cutting some more snap plates in the meantime! Once that's done, I should have the arms and torso done in no time! :)

IMG_4937_zpsasbfvgo7.jpg

IMG_4936_zpsnlsdfquv.jpg

IMG_4934_zpslqzxvgen.jpg

IMG_4933_zpsdafqukms.jpg

IMG_4931_zpse1kdqc3p.jpg

• Like 2

I had some of that butt plate flare too. Hot water bath fixed that right up! The key is to only heat where you want to bend and leave the rest out of the heat! Looking good.

• Like 1

I had some of that butt plate flare too. Hot water bath fixed that right up! The key is to only heat where you want to bend and leave the rest out of the heat! Looking good.

Thanks Luc! What did you use for the hot water bath (not sure I have anything big enough lol)? And how hot? Do you mind walking me through the steps on how to properly do that?

Thanks Luc! What did you use for the hot water bath (not sure I have anything big enough lol)? And how hot? Do you mind walking me through the steps on how to properly do that?

I just took a large pot and filled it near the top. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Wear gloves! Something to protect your hands from the heat. You want to put just the section where the plate curves from the flat back part and leave that in for 20-30 seconds. After that, take it out and start bending, not too hard. Run under cold water after and it should hold its shape.
  • Like 3

I just took a large pot and filled it near the top. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Wear gloves! Something to protect your hands from the heat. You want to put just the section where the plate curves from the flat back part and leave that in for 20-30 seconds. After that, take it out and start bending, not too hard. Run under cold water after and it should hold its shape.

Thank you so much! I'm nervous, but I'm going to give it a try. Now to find a large pot. lol Single=Doesn't cook much.

• Like 1

Thank you so much! I'm nervous, but I'm going to give it a try. Now to find a large pot. lol Single=Doesn't cook much.

How deep do you need to dip it?

I mean you could always use a roasting tin on the hob, fill with water and bring to the boil if there's only an inch or so that needs submerging.

• Like 2

Yeah you just need to dip a vertical strip from the butt plate to bend. Good luck!

P.s.: Learn to cook and that could change that single status! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Looks like the bath worked to me! Thanks guys!

IMG_4938_zpseahn8mrr.jpg

IMG_4939_zpswj5ki7lu.jpg

My snaps should be in soon, and I'm going to replace the elastic straps on the right side with nylon webbing. The elastic just isn't strong enough to hold the seam flush. Lucnak, I was browsing through your build and noticed the panel system you added there. That's a great idea! I'm thinking of implementing that to mine now for the right side. Awesome idea!

IMG_4940_zps48e8hukc.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, it's worked quite well for me! Still need to switch my right side to a double-tab system, but I'm not in a rush! Busy with family life and trooping! In the end, no one notices this stuff when you're out there! I realize now that I was obsessing over stuff that, looking at the big picture, wasn't quite that important. I would like to get Centurion-approved, but have felt less rushed about it after trooping!

• Like 4

I'm starting to realize the same thing. lol At this rate I'll never be done. :P I just want to fix the stuff that's bothering me while I am still working on it. That right-side seam is just bothering me too much with how it sticks out. I think after the ab/kidney sides, I am going to be a little less anal about somethings (At least, I say that now). 

• Like 4