SpiceCredits ANH Stunt Build Thread [AP]

I missed that you still had a return edge on the bottom of the shin. Definitely take this return edge off. It will make it fit better over the boot. The 1/2" should be the distance from your leg to the inside of your armor, don't count the return edges.

Jim - TK50899

Sweet. Ok, that helps! Thanks!! I figured that would help... Taking the return edge off the bottom on the shins. I'll do that first.
  • Like 1

I got some feedback from ukswrath and I also schedule some time on Thursday to go by a local member's home to help me out with it, just incase. :)

If you have someone local that's willing to help defiantly take them up on it. My BBB showed up two days after the last armor party we had organized and most folks near me were done and trooping while I was nugging out my build.

Jim - TK50899

Totally! He's built quite a few kits and knows his stuff, so I trust his guidance for sure. Plus seeing it will help make more sense to me. I'm questioning too many things and Would feel more comfortable if I could have someone look at it with me.

• Like 2

Very good news! I'll end up removing those tonight or tomorrow before going to the member's place to get them sized up on Thursday. I'll have more photos and an update that night! <br><br>

Thanks as always Luc!

• Like 1

Try to get the bottom ridges of your thighs trimmed to match as these won't get covered by cover strips, you don't want a gap between them

• Like 1

I've got some strips curing tonight!

25mm covers strips on the backs of shins, and 20mm inner strips going on the inside-backs of the thighs.

IMG_5098_zps3jdyjxbk.jpg

I have the same number of clamps. The other day I was wondering what I will do with them when I'm done.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have the same number of clamps. The other day I was wondering what I will do with them when I'm done.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Use them to make pillow forts.

Jim - TK50899

• Like 2

I got my shins done today (minus the sniper knee plate), but I removed the velcro and started over a little while ago once I decided to check out MoSc0ut's shins. I like the Russell2d2 idea, Jim! I felt like I had too much open space at the seam and decided to start over and see if that could help. If not, I'll go back to straight velcro. 

Here are the shins before I started over. :P

IMG_5105_zps6cq1homu.jpg

Inside view

IMG_5106_zps4obqhdax.jpg

Outside view
IMG_5107_zpsmebquwlo.jpg

I'm also gluing on the back cover strips to the thighs right now. I'll trim the tops and adjust the curvature to the backs tomorrow and send pics! I thought I would get the ammo pack on the right thigh tonight, but I found out that I need a double cap rivet setter now, and I don't have one. lol So, I have to find one and order it now. 

I did a quick try-on of the armor while I was testing the old velcro shins. Here are those pics.

Keep in mind that the right arm is not snapped into place throughout these photos. That's why it's saggy and the proportions don't match the left arm. Also I am pulling my right shoulder up in these to try and get that shoulder bell to stay on and not fall more. lol That's why the chest plate looks crooked too. :P I set my phone to a 10 second timer and ran in place then held up my thighs from falling and tried to get my shins straight for the pics also... What I'm trying to say is… These aren't my submission pics by any means. :P lolol Just some quick photos to show you guys. 

IMG_5123_zpszswqbium.jpg

IMG_5126_zpsz6ds6nh7.jpg

IMG_5127_zpsfuh55nns.jpg

IMG_5129_zpsinjwpj7e.jpg

Here is what is gluing to the shins right now after I removed the velcro. the plan is to add velcro in between these tabs which (should) hold the shin closer together.

The idea is that the other side of the shin should slide in between the tab and cover strip to hold it tight.

IMG_5133_zpsuq4a2djs.jpg

Edited by SpiceCredits

Thanks! Yea, it's looking like it should be done at some point in the week. I need to find a double cap rivet setter online. I did a quick search last night, but didn't really find anything. I may need to take a trip to Tandy again. <br><br>

Lol A little this, a little that... Some trooping, some wishing I had money to spend on a clone kit. Lol I'll definitely be touching mine up though. I still need to add fans, icomm, etc. also.

I don't have a blaster yet either. Lol I still need to make that happen for centurion.

I'm working on a pipe build while I save up for a hyper firm myself. As for the fans I can show you a quick way to do a USB and 5 volt fan set up that'll get you about 2 1/2 hrs of run time. It's super easy. I even have a few extra 5v blower fans I ordered by accident.

Jim - TK50899

• Like 1

Looking good. You might need some foam in the shin to help them from drifting. I didn't have a tool for the rivets for the ammo pack. Split rivet, right? I just used a flat head screw driver and placed it in there to start the bend, banged on them directly to continue the bend, and then used a socket (I think that's the right term) to finish the bending. (it's the shape of a cylinder and is hollow, so I just found one that was the right size).

• Like 1