OPERATION OMG REBUILD!!!!

Wow! :lol:, best darn looking helmet I've seen yet anywhere!

Truly skilled bowdownzt1.gif. I will be a bit afraid to troop in it, slighest harm happening to it and I will hurt that person who did the harm, even if it was by accident :lol:

How do you get the black lines so straight?, must have very steady hands.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW Mike, you are truely a master. Your making me wanna chuck my AP order a TE2 and send it directly to you to finish!!...if i only had the money...lol

Mhm if I had a liiiittle bit more cash I'd do the same.. I'm very tempted D:

Thanks guys. I am trying very hard to make this a great helmet for Kent. Painting straight lines is difficult. The only part that I may touch up is the rear traps. I am not too happy with how they turned out. The lines are thin and the grey looks patchy to me from touching it up. If I do re-do the traps they may look worse however, so I may have to just be satisfied with how they look now. They dont look terrible, but I wish that they would have turned out smoother. That is a Macro shot too....Am I rambling? :)

The lenses were donated by Nathan AKA TK-9135, as well as some other goodies that I will send along to Kent.

The only things left to do are the mic tips. I ordered a set from Keith as I feel his are the best, and I cant put anything less on this helmet. There is a few cool items that Smitty sent along that go inside. I will send those to Kent and let that be another surprise.

I really feel good about the helmet. I think Kent's finally getting what he paid for. At least I hope he will feel that way when he gets it. :salute:

Mike, you might not be satisfied with the traps (being the perfectionist you are ;)), but I love them, so leave them be! :D.

I really feel good about the helmet. I think Kent's finally getting what he paid for. At least I hope he will feel that way when he gets it. You should feel great about this helmet, and yeah - I've already gotten more than I payed for *thumbs up*

There is a few cool items that Smitty sent along that go inside. I will send those to Kent and let that be another surprise.

Oh joy! :D, isn't this the most exciting thread ever or what??

Thanks again Mike for doing this... and to the others chipping in with items etc.

ITS DONE. I hope you like it buddy :)

Please email me your shipping address so I can get this out to ya. My email is appstronaut@cox.net

Thanks everyone for your donations. I am including them in the box to Kent. I would install the additional items that you guys sent, but its not my thing and I do not have time right now. I am SURE that he will appreciate the stuff though and I wanna thank you for your help. This project would not be as nice without your contributions.

Mike

100_8172.jpg

100_8173.jpg

100_8174.jpg

100_8175.jpg

100_8176.jpg

100_8177.jpg

That has been one mighty fine undertaking!

Indeed it has.

Beautiful pictures. The helmet has been through alot, and now it's finally on its way back home to its excited owner B)

When it has arrived, I will do the stuff needed for my armor to become elite, then you will all see a bunch of nice pictures :)

Many thanks to all involved!

Edit: Oh yes, and I will take pictures of the helmet with the suprise stuff I've gotten with it :)

Recieved the helmet today! :D

I got a box with some foam in it...

dsc00073jr0.th.jpg dsc00080sp3.th.jpg

Oh yeah, and then I got these bonus items :):

1. The "OMG" Rebuild display plate

2. The Triktoys Voice system

3. The speakers for the voice system, they will go in the arreators on the helmet (which are empty right now)

4. A set of normal arreators

5. 2x 501st cards, 1x 501st patch and 1x 501st sticker

dsc00081vb9.th.jpg dsc00082yt6.th.jpg dsc00083vl2.th.jpg dsc00084cl9.th.jpg

dsc00085np7.th.jpg dsc00086zx7.th.jpg dsc00088uo0.th.jpg dsc00089df8.th.jpg

dsc00094ly6.th.jpg dsc00095id3.th.jpgdsc00096lp4.th.jpg dsc00098qu8.th.jpg

dsc00099vl2.th.jpg dsc00102ch6.th.jpg dsc00105mb0.th.jpg dsc00101ta6.th.jpg

I even got it signed B). Wanted to ask you to do that, but I forgot.

Now when I got my new helmet, it's time to start working on my armor. I got all I need. What I have to do is:

Install foam and voice system in the helmet

Replace the TK buttons

Replace the plastic belt

Debarrelalize the legs

Remove some visible screws here and there

Add snap-system

Cut the front and back pieces

Shim some stuff

and probably more :)

Thanks everyone!, especially the ones involved in this project. Without all of you this forum wouldn't be the great place it is.

Pictures taken with my trusty PSP

Recieved the helmet today! :D

Oh yeah, and then I got these bonus items :):

1. The "OMG" Rebuild display plate

2. The Triktoys Voice system

3. The speakers for the voice system, they will go in the arreators on the helmet (which are empty right now)

4. A set of normal arreators

5. 2x 501st cards, 1x 501st patch and 1x 501st sticker

dsc00081vb9.th.jpg dsc00082yt6.th.jpg dsc00083vl2.th.jpg dsc00084cl9.th.jpg

dsc00085np7.th.jpg dsc00086zx7.th.jpg dsc00088uo0.th.jpg dsc00089df8.th.jpg

Very nice touch...just shows there are a lot of cool people on this site!! :duim:

Guest TK-2416

Congrats Kent!! Yet another masterpiece from Mike!

Kent - looking forward seeing you onboard the Nordic Garrison and troop with you soon...

Now go get that Elite status!

Troop on

Congrats Kent!! Yet another masterpiece from Mike!

Kent - looking forward seeing you onboard the Nordic Garrison and troop with you soon...

Now go get that Elite status!

Troop on

Looking forward to being onboard too...... I'm working on the Elite status and stuff...

Will take some time, hopefully not too long.

Now this was excellent work everbody envolved go and give yourself a pat on the back and have a drink, cheers :salute::pint1:

That helmet rocks Kent now it just needs to be locked in a glass display case!

• 5 months later...

I know I'm just ridiculously, embarrassingly behind on this one, but this truly is the OMG thread.

Mike-- as always, your work makes me wish I could transplant your brain into my head whenever I work on my stuff.

You are THE MAN.

I think it's so cool that you, Tony, Smitty, Chris and Kevin all pitched in like ya' did.

What a great buch of guys!

And Kevin-- you are spoiled ROTTEN, my friend. :D

That's an AWESOME lookin' bucket you have now, with an even better story behind it!

Just seen this too. That was AMAZING! from what Mike had to start with to what Kent ended up with is mindblowing. Kent, you're a lucky sod. Mike, you are a master craftsman and a genius. :D