TK-9135 V2.0 Full ESB

I thought I would start a thread on my new rig, going for ESB Elite. This is a ground up build, save for boots and gloves.

This suit will have sound, and should be a blast to wear.

So far, parts in hand dedacated to the build,

Darkside trooper boots

Love them, fit great and troop well. Also higher upper than the CAboot. No CAboot smell... :P

IMG_2917.jpg

Undersuit modded for the soundboard. This suit has all the hook ups for the TrikSound board, and will do blaster fire and static burst. There is an inner glove, with the buttons sewn in for the activation of the sounds. Completely hidden from view. The board sits in a pouch on my chest, under the armor. It also plays lines from the movie, although New Hope... Just for fun. I will mount my speaker system in the chest and back armor. There will also be speakers in the Hovies, but I havent decided on the config for that as of yet. All will be completly hidden and fully intagrated in the suit as I build it.

IMG_2919.jpg

Kinda ugly right now, but Hey, not known for sewing. I might revisit this later, I have some other ideas floating in my head.

IMG_2920.jpg

Gloves are the Novamex type flight gloves with the leather palms. I will have a set of screen look rubber gloves, but probably wont troop them.

Neck seal

Best neck seal I have ever seen, and now I own... Thanks Riviting!

IMG_2921.jpg

As I recieve my parts, I wanted to make kind of an online diary on the build, so you all can see this come together as well. I am really excited to finaly get a very close to screen suit, Support a great artist, and have a prop that will last a long long time.

TM armor on order as well as the Stickers for the Helmet.

I wont miss the FX, although it served its master well...

All thats left to sort is my blaster. What ever it is, I want the full ESB, even if I have to make the Greeblies.

Hope you all enjoy my thread. I hope to use advice from you all as well. Even old dogs can learn new tricks.

Guest TK-2416

Wow!! That is soo cool Nathan!! This is going to be something special!! I will follow this thread with full attention.. and popcorn ;)

Good luck!!

As I make the desisions on what parts to use, I will show all the parts I have had over the last 3 years. Wow. 3 years.

I have kinda gone the long way to figuring out what I wanted, so Ill share what pics I kept and I am hoping that helps soe of the newer guys.

Here are some shots of the two of the best Mic tips out there.

IMG_2891.jpg

IMG_2892.jpg

IMG_2889.jpg

Stompers have the wire for the speakers and the Keith have the white base.

My personal fav are Stompers. They have a more rugged look. I like that. The biggest diffrence I see is the Screen, but I am not an expert on what screen is correct. These were hard to photo...

Two makes of amps, one from Triktoys and one from Skullworks. I own both systems in there full form.

The skullworks is with out its binders. I have it taken apart for the intall into my Scout lid soon. I feel the Skullworks is better for the Scout, as far as I know none of the Scout lines had static or click. I like the clean look of the SW, but there is alot to mount. Takes some careful positioning to get it all in there. It is also an unpowered mic as far as I remember.

IMG_2923.jpg

The Trik Toys system is much improved from the time it first came out. I didnt like the headset and amp by itself, but add the board, and whammo! Diffrent rig all together. Gobs of cord. I will shorten this to be perfect, or they will be hidden perfect. I also dont like the headset look. I will either mod these to fit in the bucket with a quick connect, or just bite the bullet and live with it and paint em. The word perfect on the side has to go... This system uses a powered mic, so the power box needs mounting.

IMG_2924.jpg

I havent decided if I will use the mic tip speakers. I have had horrid feedback problems in the past, and want these to be loud. The answer I thin at this time is to build it into the chest and back. I have also ordered a Newton, It will probably replace the radioshack pictured. The RS will go to the scout, He has pockets.

This is the peak of portable speakers. These sound great. Wow. Bass and everything. This will be the basis of my Vader. If I was a sandy, these would sound great in a modded ammo pouch. This is the JBL ontour. I have 2, and Vader is LOUD! I play MP3 right now on an Ipod, but someday when the Vortex2 comes back out, Its on.

IMG_2925.jpg

One thing is for sure. I need rechargeable batteries.

Thanks guys!

Reserch. Kinda fun, get to watch the movie.

All of these shots are from the Original movie. I wanted to not use the Special Edition. So these are circa 1980.

ESB is not a Trooper Intense movie. I think (might be wrong) ROTJ and ANH have more troops. There is really only Bespin that involve TK's.

That being said, I want to shoot for a well groomed trooper.

Now for some screen shots. I have to say, that Stukatrooper has a great tutorial on Flickr. He has an awsome TM setup. I will be using some of his ideas and pictures.

I think he linked it here, I will remove if asked, but what a great set of pics. Thanks Stuka!

Stuka's TM Build

Watching the movie, There are alot of diffrences in the troops. Most notably IMO the way the helmets are.

The troop I am shooting for is this guy in the foreground.. I also like the background trooper.

Troopofchoice.jpg

Spunbicepandsnap.jpg

Notice on the above pic the trooper in the back dosent have his bicep on right...

Here are a few oddities I noticed...Can you find them?

Mr Duct tape

tucttape.jpg

Mr sholder bell

Sholderbell.jpg

Mr No vent sticker...

NOvent.jpg

I also noticed the brow trim. I like the low brow look, but the mid is growing on me.

Check out these two...

Wonkybrowanduppersep.jpg

Dude in the back is wonky brow... wow.

With the FISD helping along, this should be an awesome suit. Thanks guys.

Here is a couple shots again from the movie...

High and low brow...

Highandlowbrow.jpg

Flat lenses. I never saw a set of hero in the whole flick...

flatlens.jpg

One more comp shot... Here is the TK409 and Riviting's neck seal. 409 on the left...

IMG_2926.jpg

My VaderDave ab buttons came in today... Wow. Nice stuff.

As well as 4510's ESB Stickers. These are sweet as well. Stomper Hovies to round out the Lid.

• 1 month later...

FBJ and I had an awesome trade, and the belt is a great one! Whoo Hoo! Even has the extra plastic for the holster I needed! Thanks!

Riviting, flat out the best dang neckseals ever. Great stuff. I have 2. One for my ANH and one for the ESB. Thanks!

Ordered a blaster, makerofthings resin MR copy. Should fill the holster well.

Scored some keith V2 mic tips, Dont know what I am doing with those yet... but I have a set. LOL... I do think I will use stompers.

So making progress. I am off tommorow to look at a hardware store closing down. I am looking for rubber trim...

I noticed this when I watched a HD-version of ESB. In one of the scenes when Leia, R2, C3PO, Chewie and Lando is racing back to the Falcon - being chased by stormtroopers.

When they reach the landing platform, Leia turns around, shoots and hits one trooper. When watching the trooper gets hit in slow-mo, one can actually see that they've used white PVC-textile-material (pretty much like the PVC-textile material commonly used in the advertisement industry) to replace the shin-armor..so no shin armor when the stuntman gets hit, and only the PVC-material warping up kinda like textile.

Ill have to watch for that. I am looking forward to a day when flexible rubber suits hit the market. That would be cool...

I am going to derail a little. Still ESB, but I am so excited I am going to bust over this one...

I give you a finaly finished CJ bound Costume Panel Qualed ESB VADER!

And to top it, Just recieved today...

An ESB JBV1 Helmet. Next to my DPLE Copy ESB helmet on my engraver. (The JB is on the right for all you non Vader heads...)

IMG_3104.jpg

Like a giddy school boy.. I am off to meet Dave Prowse next weekend as Vader. WOW!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Few more ref shots... I am aiming at a perfected ESB trooper. One that fits the bill.

NDVD_015.jpg

NDVD_017.jpg

I need to trim the ears, but the hemlet is almost done. I will have something to show this weekend. Man 4510's decals are nice. Looking great on the TM!

Here is the armor outta the box... I love that its kinda flexable. A little harder to trim, but Stuka's tips are golden! Great toot man!

IMG_3539.jpg

IMG_3541.jpg

IMG_3542.jpg

IMG_3543.jpg

IMG_3540.jpg