What adhesive to use with abs?

Topgun

I used E6000, yes it takes longer to dry but easy to pull apart if you make a mistake or need to change sizing, also easy to clean up excess glue by rubbing your thumb against it.

• Like 2

Easy answer; E6000.

Ā 

Everyone will make a mistake and with E6000 that mistake is repairable.

Ā 

Trust me it's well worth the cure time to be able to tear a piece apart to fix something.

Edited by C0bra_M3nace
  • Like 1

E6000 has so much leeway if you make a mistake and need to changes something, I was going to use and ABS weld my self on my first build, glad i didn't had to redo a couple pieces already.. Ā 

Ā 

Only draw back aboutĀ E6000 is the long cure time. Just make sure you got lots of space and a ton of magnets and clamps (Get more done in a cure period)Ā 

Ā 

Good luck with yourĀ buildĀ :-)

Definitely go with E6000 if you're not experienced with this kind of thing. I've already had to tear apart a few pieces and wouldn't have been able to do that without really messing up the armor if I didn't use E6000.

DO NOT use PVC pipe cement. It is made for PVC - not ABS. Different type of plastic.

Ā 

Having said that, you can't go wrong with E6000. All it requires is a well-ventilated work area and patience.

• Like 1

E6000 initially

Zap a Gap & Zip Kicker if you want the bond a bit more permanent.

Ā 

I've got some shims on my thighs that might prove unstable with E6000 down the line so I'm leaning towards filling up some of those seams with ABS sludge and sanding it down to form a seamless bond.

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk