My Addictive E-11 build 1st timer. Possible EIB/Centurion approval?

If you keep going at this rate, Tahitoa, the next thing we know you will be able to actually fire this weapon!

That would be some fun mods. I guess using the firing mechanisms from the NERF first order stormtrooper blaster would come in handy... haha

Got back to work on my E-11 this afternoon (thanks to you). Started taking pics this time and will definitely post that build thread in the future. Yours is looking great, keep up the good work!  

Glad to hear you started back on your E-11. Honored to read that I helped. Good luck. Let me know if I can help in anyway. Looking forward to your build thread.

Adding details...

I was looking at the FISD E11 Blaster Reference thread and I like how the folding stock has the holes drilled into it.  Since there is not much detail underneath on this blaster model, I wanted to add this detail to mine. I was going to drill all the way through and wanted to put the pipe inside, but since I have already glued the blaster up, I will only be drilling a shallow hole. This would have been great if only I would have caught it when I had the blaster open. I went back and looked at the photos of the open blaster and it appears there is a compartment that a pipe can fit into right below the barrel (PVC) pipe. It still turns out nice.

20160128_101408_zps7ge4jcwf.jpg

And with paint...

20160128_105357_zpslvr8kyxh.jpg

Wow.  Impressive what that little toy can end up looking like!  Maybe I'll spruce mine up a bit as soon as I'm done playing with armor...

Thanks. Yes, I was surprised as well. I know that the Rubies' armor (costume) is not well reputable here but I think their Rebels blaster is well worth the $$. IMO they did a good job on this representation. It would have be even better if it came with the iconic 'pew, pew'.

Some fine tuning...

I have been wanting to fix the grip/handle. I have been hesitant on this because I just was not sure how it was going to turn out. I thought I saw a build with somebody smoothing out the grip on a hasbro build but have not been able to find it. I also noticed:

1. The trigger was a little thick.

2. I did not have the little sideways 'spade' washer on the back end of the folding stock.

3. This model does not have the indention located where the grip and the folding stock connect. 

4. My selector switch placement was a bit high.

20160203_181635_zpsqubhogd5.jpg

I sanded the outline of the handle, cut the trigger with a blade, and sanded an indention on the top of the grip by the folding stock.

20160204_092637_zpsjnjgq1ul.jpg

Edited by Order-66

I cut out two 'spade' shaped washers, painted and glued. I was going to just re-glue the old selector switch, but decided to make a new one. This time I took a flat head screw, dremeled the flat head gap a little wider, cut a plastic piece to resemble the switch, epoxied them together. I re-primered the areas, and added the appropriate paint scheme.

20160205_115908_zpsq3tgqmw8.jpg

Edited by Order-66

Seriously dude you have to much time on your hands.

I have been waiting to start my armor but it arrived with damages. I contacted them and now I am waiting on a response... waiting... waiting...

So, in the meanwhile I have completed another modification. This one is for you...

I know how addicting these builds can be.. (sorta like Cheez-Its).  My first DD kit took me 2 weeks.  My last one took me 5 weeks because I kept seeing detail after detail I wanted to add, and modded it to the nth degree.  (Thanks, T-Jay)!  Funny thing is, being a HWT, I don't even carry an E-11.

You are doing a phenomenal job, Tahitoa.  Keep up the great work!!!!

I noticed the blaster did not have the guide tracks for the magazine, the magazine clip, or the magazine ejector knob.

I just cut out a piece of plastic for the guide tracks with a dremel.

For the magazine clip, I used the hinge form the pair of safety goggles I was using earlier in the build. Just cut and sanded it to resemble the one on the FISD E-11 Reference Guide thread.

To replicate the magazine ejector knob, I used a wooden dowel. Sanded the top edges to round them out. Inserted the screw on the side. Attached a wire post in the bottom to help give a stronger bond once glued. I added the three circles on the top.

Time for primer and paint.

For the guide tracks I used super glue/crazy glue. For the clip and ejector knob I used a plastic epoxy.

20160208_161334_zps9gyrewtt.jpg

20160208_161443_zpscu3rhsko.jpg20160208_162945_zpshcac3j48.jpg

20160210_085821_zpsb5c5iyoz.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I know how addicting these builds can be.. (sorta like Cheez-Its).  My first DD kit took me 2 weeks.  My last one took me 5 weeks because I kept seeing detail after detail I wanted to add, and modded it to the nth degree.  (Thanks, T-Jay)!  Funny thing is, being a HWT, I don't even carry an E-11.

You are doing a phenomenal job, Tahitoa.  Keep up the great work!!!!

Thanks Joseph. I think I should have titled this thread, "My obsessed E-11 build".

Maybe I will build a HWT backpack next, just for fun...Ha. Thanks again for the 'Supply list for your Tk build' thread.

• 1 month later...

In all honesty this thing is beautiful. I have one painted up and everything too but I know I won't get to where I'm going without a cent approvable blaster :(

How much did it cost you so far to make it look like this?

In all honesty this thing is beautiful. I have one painted up and everything too but I know I won't get to where I'm going without a cent approvable blaster :(

How much did it cost you so far to make it look like this?

Thank you Dave.

Total cost was only about $60-$65. It was definitely a fun build. I am just not sure at what level it will be approved. During the build, I followed the CRL, and the FISD E-11 Blaster Reference thread for level two (EIB) and level three (Centurion). The CRL states:

For level two certification (if applicable):

(yes)  - Folding stock (does not need to function).

(yes)  -A real or replica ammo counter - based off of a Hengstler counter - shall be present.

(yes)  -D-ring mounted on the rear.

(yes)  -Sterling based blasters have the correct M-38 or M-19 style scope.

(yes)  -Two power cylinders on the magazine housing.

(yes)  -Scratch-built, resin cast, Hyperfirm rubber cast blasters shall have a total of 6 T-tracks on blaster (leaving the lowest row on the magazine housing side uncovered).

(N/A)   -If using the Hasbro E11 toy blaster, it is modified to have the correct number of T-tracks (6 total), with a lower row of open vent holes on the magazine housing side.

This is accomplished by covering the pre-existing rows of holes with T-tracks, then grinding off the lower integrated T-track on the magazine housing side, and drilling a new row of holes in its place.

(N/A)  -No ESB/ROTJ greeblies are allowed on the blaster.

For level three certification (if applicable):

(It is not Hasbro) Hasbro blasters are not allowed, even conversions.

So, we will see. I will post the end photos soon.

Edited by Order-66