My Addictive E-11 build 1st timer. Possible EIB/Centurion approval?

Sight pin and block

I made a sight pin and block to make a nicer front sight. I used the arm of a pair of safety goggles. Cut part of the arm which gave me a nice little block just perfect to fit in the front sight. Using one of the bookshelf supports, I shaved it down, cut a slight angle on the tip for the front sight pin. I drilled into the block and glued the pin into the block.  I did use superglue for this.

20160120_131822_zps11xfay8t.jpg

Added a lens on scope.

Using the now cut safety goggles, you can trace out the lens size for the scope.  The cap from a plastic bottled water gave me the same circumference as my scope. I traced it out, cut it using the dremel and then used the dremel sander to get it a close to a circle as possible.

*Update. I found a small flashlight at the local dollar store.  I cut off the end with the glass and housing.  I had the sand the inner threads and some of its thickness down. I had to sand the scope end on the blaster and then piece it together.  I fit nicely but there is a gap between the end of the housing and the grove of the scope that look a bit odd. I glued an o-ring to fill the gap.

For the front of the scope I found a pair of children’s binoculars at the dollar store. I used the small lens with an o-ring and glued them to the front.  It is nice but I will be on the look out for a better look.

20160120_130744_zpsys23hzhy.jpg

Added a bayonet lug.

I am not sure the name of this, but I think it is a ‘nail cable clip’. It is used to attach your coax cable wire to a wall or baseboard. I cut off the hook part and it makes a nice bayonet lug once painted. I did drill a wire to the flat side and drilled a hole in the blaster, then glued. I wanted to give the bayonet lug a little more security then just the glue.

20160116_114439_zpst6oujrjx.jpg

• Like 1

Added a selector switch.

I picked up a plastic washer from the local hardware store, dremeled a slit, inserted a piece of plastic I cut to resemble the switch. Superglued them together and you have a selector switch for pennies.

End cap clip

Using the adjusting part of the trusty safety goggles I cut out a piece to make the end cap clip.

It looks like I am just missing the imprint of the knurling pattern on the guard. I will add that and call it done! (For now...)

Edited by Order 66

Looks fantastic Tahitoa! Has to be one the best looking Rubies around. Sanding those bulging T-tracks makes a big difference, doesn't it?

If I were to change one thing, it would be to lower the angle of the clearing strip visible on the bolt. Theoretically it would be visible in the slot, so the angle to be lower at the rear.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32111-fisd-e-11-blaster-reference/#entry414376

And if I were to add one thing, it would be a little more detail on the magazine. Perhaps a flat plate and bubble on the end of the magazine.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32111-fisd-e-11-blaster-reference/#entry414356

Unfortunately, as it stands the Deployment Officers won't allow a Rubies for EIB or Centurion (maybe the length of the blaster has something to do with it), but a little birdie tells me there may be some changes in the future... However, I don't think ANY 'toy' guns will ever be allowed for Centurion.

Well done mate.

• Like 1

Congratulations on a top notch home conversion, sir!  Some great suggestions there by Ian there to add those "finishing touches" to your build, especially adding the flat piece at the end of the magazine.  After watching this build, and seeing the results of your hard work, I can't wait to see what sort of incredible things you do on your TK build thread!  Again, great job!

• Like 1

Looks fantastic Tahitoa! Has to be one the best looking Rubies around. Sanding those bulging T-tracks makes a big difference, doesn't it?

If I were to change one thing, it would be to lower the angle of the clearing strip visible on the bolt. Theoretically it would be visible in the slot, so the angle to be lower at the rear.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32111-fisd-e-11-blaster-reference/#entry414376

And if I were to add one thing, it would be a little more detail on the magazine. Perhaps a flat plate and bubble on the end of the magazine.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32111-fisd-e-11-blaster-reference/#entry414356

Unfortunately, as it stands the Deployment Officers won't allow a Rubies for EIB or Centurion (maybe the length of the blaster has something to do with it), but a little birdie tells me there may be some changes in the future... However, I don't think ANY 'toy' guns will ever be allowed for Centurion.

Well done mate.

Thanks Ian. Mark had mentioned the clearing bolt as well. I will take care of that. Also, good call on the magazine. I will have that soon. I hope the little birdie flys in soon... Thanks again!! 

Edited by Order 66

Fantastic mate I think that you will just keep going on this refining and upgrading until it looks more like blaster than doopydoo does ,grip pattern next I'm guessing.

Thanks. Funny you mention that. I have been looking at the grip and I am still researching that topic. I saw a build that I wanted to try for the grip and pattern but now I cant seem to find the link I liked. Thanks again.