Brattie's AP Build and Journey to The 501st

Build date: 1020340506-abs80.47158ish.... (AKA Page 36)

Today, is the day that I have been waiting for all month..

Today.. I am going to have A&W for LUNCH!  :dancing-trooper:

Alright.. so here is an actual update. Things have been quiet for me. I planned on working on the pads in my bucket and playing around with placement but the death of a co-worker has rattled me and kinda threw my week into a bit of chaos.

It was an accident at work last Friday.

Anyway, I wasn't at work when it happened but all the planning around meetings so I can make the memorial services and be sure to show my support to his family and friends and also to coworkers as we get through this rough time.. I'm not complaining.. it's just a rough week.

I should be hearing any day now about my Armor. so that lifts my spirits a little bit. All I can hope for is no other problems for the rest of the week so I can breath a bit.

I tell you some days this really feels like a Journey around the world and out into the universe just to be approved into the 501st. Everyone tells me it's worth it. That it's so much fun, and a great family, and awesome.

From everyone I have met it seems exactly like that, but I feel like a fan in the stands watching it all unfold.

The trip to the armor party was a big eye opener into how friendly everyone is. I connected with a few people and enjoyed their conversations. I guess being a little older I'm not too much into the after party stuff anymore, but it was a great social event to get to know so many people.

Hopefully when my gear gets here the weather will warm up and with my landlords permission I can throw an armor party and invite some people. Laughs.. not sure who though.. but at least there's a hot tub! NOT for dipping armor!

I am sure Nigel and Sammie will get together and have some fun again!

That's all for now!

:smiley-sw013:

• Like 4

Sorry to hear about your co worker. Hope your week gets better Lady. Enjoy A&W!

Sorry to hear about the loss of your coworker Angie - big hugs kiddo

Thanks guys.. hugz

• Like 2

My condolences Ange... :( I hear you about the feeling like you're on in the stands. I feel very at home here and I love you all. I just want to get this together so I can be a real plastic white boy lol. 

• Like 4

If you want to play with armor while you wait you can redo my weathering for me to SWAT level lol. I tell you, I will NEVER be done working or fixing things. Getting to the point where my wife says I spend more time with my armor than I do with her lol. 

• Like 3

Hahhah.. awesome. Well right now I plan on still messing with the padding in my bucket.

I also worked on a few new patch ideas for the Ladies of the Legions.. so that's kinda fun.

• Like 2

I have the same problem with mine! lol

If you want to play with armor while you wait you can redo my weathering for me to SWAT level lol. I tell you, I will NEVER be done working or fixing things. Getting to the point where my wife says I spend more time with my armor than I do with her lol. 

• Like 2

It's funny to see how different many members here are in stages of their life. Seems like the majority of the guys around here are in their mid to late 40s and kid's are grown and out the house but then you have a few guys not even 18. I just turned 30 this month and have 3 kids at home (2 still in diapers) so I hardly ever get a lot of time to work on my stuff but when I do I am focused and seem to tune everything out much to my wife's dismay. I don't really do anything for myself except armor and troop. 

• Like 3

Hey now.. I'm not that old! ~ gets out my cane and whacks Jason ~

And I'm not a Guy! ~ Whacks him with my walker this time ~

• Like 1

It's funny to see how different many members here are in stages of their life. Seems like the majority of the guys around here are in their mid to late 40s and kid's are grown and out the house but then you have a few guys not even 18. I just turned 30 this month and have 3 kids at home (2 still in diapers) so I hardly ever get a lot of time to work on my stuff but when I do I am focused and seem to tune everything out much to my wife's dismay. I don't really do anything for myself except armor and troop.

If this hobby is a mid-life crisis then it should have happened 10 years ago lmao.

I'm the same too when it comes to doing something for myself

• Like 3

I hear that. I just turned 28, bought a house, getting married in September. Work is crazy it's hard to put all the time I'd like to into this but it is a nice escape

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Hey now.. I'm not that old! ~ gets out my cane and whacks Jason ~

And I'm not a Guy! ~ Whacks him with my walker this time ~

My rant was not directed at you. It was just a rant in general. My point being our hobby has people from all sorts of walks of life. 

• Like 4

I hear that. I just turned 28, bought a house, getting married in September. Work is crazy it's hard to put all the time I'd like to into this but it is a nice escape

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

I am hoping to be able to buy my first house in the next year or so. So tired of renting. 

• Like 4

Laughs - I was kidding around Jason! - :dancing-trooper:

I'm too young and beautiful to have a walker or cane .. yet.. but when I do.. the cane will be a Light Sabre and the walker will be an AT-AT!!

• Like 2

wow.. well thank you for all you did/do! :D

I worked loading aircraft for 16 years.. the past 4 on special assignment now doing data entry.. I can appreciate sore backs and knees.. but I did it in the service of passengers.. not the country.. so buckets off to you !!! :smiley-sw013:

I know thanks never is enough but.. Thank you :D:peace:

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 1