Brattie's AP Build and Journey to The 501st

Here are some other doodles I've done recently.. thought you all would enjoy a little laugh. :)

Royal Guard

Royal%20Guard%201_zpsa9vn7gdy.jpg

Royal Guards being bad

Royal%20Guard%202_zpspeflqavy.jpg

And a Jawa kid.. laugh

Jawa_zpsi2lrnvf7.jpg

Riding an electric Transport... Laughs

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 1

Have your computer open and read about the step you are taking THOROUGHLY before cutting or using tools on any piece armour. If you're unsure DO NOT proceed, step away and ask a pro first. 

If you are 5 strong IPA's deep, remember armour building is not a rave it's not going to be better or go well for you.

If using an exacto knife, cut away from yourself. And if you can buy gloves.

that's just for starters.

• Like 3

Okay . . . *knuckle crack* . . . here it goes.<br>

Who are you? - Choosing a costume<br>

Have it your way - Choosing an Armor smith<br>

A few of my favorite things - Tools, Materials and soft parts<br>

The Big Box Blues - What to do while you wait. And wait, and wait . . .<br>

I'm not OCD! . . . You will be. You will, be.<br>

Help! - Where to start on your armor.<br>

Measure once. Measure twice. Measure again - Trimming armor<br>

Butt, butt, butt - Gluing your armor together.<br>

Beware the heat gun - Use the hot tub.<br>

. . . or something like that.

• Like 5

(right eye slightly twitching) Don't mind me just waiting to see that tracking number - and no doubt about not seeing a new post notification creates concern.

It's like missing part of my TK TV in the morning while I drink my coffee.

Now pardon me I'm going to go back to twitching and watching this thread anxiously for a tracking number cause it's going to blow the hatches off the FISD when it happens.

• Like 3

I hear that I was sick again on Sunday. my stomach is not as strong as it used to be :(

Sucks dude. Hope you're feeling better!

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

(right eye slightly twitching) Don't mind me just waiting to see that tracking number - and no doubt about not seeing a new post notification creates concern.

It's like missing part of my TK TV in the morning while I drink my coffee.

Now pardon me I'm going to go back to twitching and watching this thread anxiously for a tracking number cause it's going to blow the hatches off the FISD when it happens.

Ahahahaaa! Same here. It was my morning read!

• Like 2

No tracking numbers yet. Am on vacation making extra money working lots.

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 1

Alrighty.. so hears a bit of an update.. not build related though so keep twitching...

On Facebook a while back I saw a post from the 501st Pacific Garrison whom doesn't have a large group of members spanning across the Hawaiian islands.

Anyway, it was a random draw for stickers and patches from their garrison for people that share and like their Garrison and show support.

I know I'm not 501st yet, but I'm all about supporting each and every part of the 501st and the many Garrisons in any way I can.

During my youth having a mother that worked for an airline came in handy. I've travelled all over, but specifically Hawaii .. 17 TiMES! So this one struck close to home as it is such a beautiful place.

Anyway, I have to say I was surprised when Francis Contacted me via FB to advise me that I had one the stickers and patches. We spoke about the islands and their garrison and I was excited to let him know that as soon as I became 501st I'd send him a Canadian Garrison patch. He was excited and honored that I'd offer such to him. 

We all are together for the same causes and hopes after all and I know the patch means as much to him as the Pacific ones he sent to me.

When I opened the envelope today I found more than I had expected. TWO Patches and TWO Cards with one having his TK number on it! Add to that a GREAT Pacific Outpost sticker that I plan on showing proudly on my Armor Transport. I can't thank him enough and can't wait until the day I'm 501st and can send him an envelope with some Canadian Swag to hopefully show support of our troopers there and maybe make the distances apart seem not as far.

Anyway.. here's a picture of the items. :)

Pacific%20Outpost%20Patchess_zpswojjuv6e

I can't wait to start a patch hoody and such.

Thanks again Francis and Aloha!   Hang Loose!

Brattie

• Like 5

I should round up the like of us and start the border city squad you can move to windsor and join us housing is dirt cheap lol

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Alrighty.. so hears a bit of an update.. not build related though so keep twitching...

On Facebook a while back I saw a post from the 501st Pacific Garrison whom doesn't have a large group of members spanning across the Hawaiian islands.

Anyway, it was a random draw for stickers and patches from their garrison for people that share and like their Garrison and show support.

I know I'm not 501st yet, but I'm all about supporting each and every part of the 501st and the many Garrisons in any way I can.

During my youth having a mother that worked for an airline came in handy. I've travelled all over, but specifically Hawaii .. 17 TiMES! So this one struck close to home as it is such a beautiful place.

Anyway, I have to say I was surprised when Francis Contacted me via FB to advise me that I had one the stickers and patches. We spoke about the islands and their garrison and I was excited to let him know that as soon as I became 501st I'd send him a Canadian Garrison patch. He was excited and honored that I'd offer such to him.

We all are together for the same causes and hopes after all and I know the patch means as much to him as the Pacific ones he sent to me.

When I opened the envelope today I found more than I had expected. TWO Patches and TWO Cards with one having his TK number on it! Add to that a GREAT Pacific Outpost sticker that I plan on showing proudly on my Armor Transport. I can't thank him enough and can't wait until the day I'm 501st and can send him an envelope with some Canadian Swag to hopefully show support of our troopers there and maybe make the distances apart seem not as far.

Anyway.. here's a picture of the items. :)

Pacific%20Outpost%20Patchess_zpswojjuv6e

I can't wait to start a patch hoody and such.

Thanks again Francis and Aloha! Hang Loose!

Brattie

I should round up the like 3 of us and start the border city squad you can move to windsor and join us housing is dirt cheap lol

Good morning White armor peoples!

I have returned from Work-cation and have survived!  Out of the 10 days I was off I managed to work all but 3 days of my Vacation. It's okay though as it's extra money in my pocket to pay off debts etc.

One of those 3 days was a trip to the local amusement park. What a journey that was!

A friend and I managed to ride ALL of the roller coasters in a 1 day period!  This is a big deal as one of them almost killed me. Laugh. I mean literally! The giant plastic handle part that pushes down and holds you in.. had a slight malfunction during the ride. It loosened to the point that I was moving around a lot more than anyone should. Lucky for me they had seat belts as well and that I was smart enough to hook my feet under the seat and use all my strength for the remaining zillion bumps, hills and attempts to throw me that followed.

This again just pushed me further into my Zen like state of when things happen, they'll happen which says a lot for me regarding this waiting game. 

Some have asked if I am growing impatient with waiting on armor and such. To be honest I am not. It was made very clear the timelines and how long it could take to get my gear done. My armor supplier has been very upfront and keeps me in the loop of all the different things. I have nothing bad to say. I can understand others perspective on things as they may not be as patient as I am, but that's their business.

So as much as I hate to say it guys.. it looks like my 501st approval and such may actually happen with my Jawa first. The jawa is scheduled to be here WAY before my TK armor arrives. I had hoped it would be ready for my vacation but that didn't happen and that's okay.

My recent near death experience has reminded me to enjoy every day and don't let the negatives get to me. I will be just as happy to be a Tall Jawa with the 501st as I would be to be a Stormtrooper. The Jawa's seem to be easier to get approved as well and to be honest.. the more I read and learn about the Jawas the more I laugh as the character behind them seems so much more like me. Laugh..

That all being said, I'm still looking forward to building my TK stuff... it's just not as important to me anymore. I want to join this great group.. and if the Jawa is going to be the way.. then so be it. I'll get the TK done whenever that happens. Laugh.. if ever.

Anyway, thanks everyone for being a part of this thread. I'll keep you up to date as I always do and will still be working on TK stuff as always. I have a blaster that came from overseas to figure out and build etc. Should be fun.. when I can fit it in.. Summer is not the best time for these things as I'm very busy usually with outdoor, cottage, contractor work etc.

Hugz to all and can't wait to hopefully bring you all BBB news in the next few weeks / month / years.. etc..

:) Just keep swimming.. just keep swimming...

• Like 5

Untinni! I think it's awesome. Jawas are the best, if you don't love Jawas then it's a sad sad day.

I think the 501st is happy and lucky to have you in any capacity and I think you are spot on, only knowing you from the life you share here, a mischievous fun droid loving Jawa is a perfect fit even at 5 plus feet!

Sorry about your experience on the roller coaster of near death but it seems like even when staring death in the face you managed to laugh and make the best of it. Wave your Krayt Clan flag high, you deserve it!

Cheers!

• Like 1

Update...

I figure it will be July by the time I have my armor and have it all fitting right and working.. so hopefully there will be an Armor BBQ or such in late June.

As stated previously I need to do what I can to make the Relay For Life in a SW Costume. I'm walking for a friend that passed who was a huge fan.

With that said the Jawa looks to be progressing faster and pending border issues may actually make it on time.

17 Days left until the RFL event.  I'll be disappointed if I don't have something by then.. but I'm still going to walk.

I had hoped to have my gear ready for it, but I know with how the weather has been that I'll also need full fans and such and I haven't gotten to that point as of yet either.

Lots of things have happened and it's okay.  We all have the up and down of life and our journey.

If you read through the many forums and threads there is not a single one that doesn't hit a stall at some point. Okay, okay.. there are a couple from experienced people.

I had hopes to make dates, but "stuff"  happens.

I am beat down and tired... Laugh... No Seriously.. I mean it!! I hurt all over! I'm just not one to whine much... Laughs  :P

I have been working extra jobs to pay off debt and the cost of the gear and such. I'm at that point. Laugh. The beyond tired point. Laughs.. and I can't help it.. I have to laugh at myself. I am working SO hard to get all this stuff sorted out... :dancing-trooper:

Anyway... guess what's new!?

You know those dreams where you feel like you are falling.. :icon_eek:  yeah.. well imagine a dream of being thrown from a roller coaster at full speed... that's been the past 2 nights for me :icon_beg: .. over and over again.. but I never hit the ground.. that's a good thing.. I shoot up and gasp for air and then wonder if I think I'm super girl :icon_bow: . Laughs

I have to laugh.. do I have post traumatic stuffy stuff... no idea.. well I'm sure my subconscious is dealing with the realization that I'm mortal.. no wait.. I did that years ago.. Laugh.. anyway.. it is haunting my sleep. :o

Now if I can just modify it into a flying stormtrooper sailing across the sky.. that would be great!

So am I stressed? naw.. I'm exhausted.. Laughs. :deadhorse:

So if you all can just keep your fingers crossed for me.. maybe the powers that be will manage to have something ready for me in time for the event. :jawa2:

• Like 3