Brattie's AP Build and Journey to The 501st

Build date: 1020340506-abs80.469erish....

I traveled to the local hardware store via vehicular transport where I encountered strange upside down triangular red employees from the well known Crappy tire. Realizing I was narrating my whole adventure in my head I made sure to stop by the reflective surfaces aisle to fix my hair. This caused me to pause for a moment and wonder if this is what it looked like if a trooper was to stare at Phasma's chest. With a chuckle I searched the location and at first sight thought I had located some sort of shadow rebel scum in a black shirt which also had the funny up-side-down triangle of red. This individual was found to be a ranking officer of this location and directed me to a few different aisle for items of necessity. He must of been familiar with the force as I ended up picking up some crap I didn't need.

Unfortunately it turned out that the officer must have been a rebel scum spy as he sent me to the wrong aisles and obviously didn't know his butt from a blaster ejection portal. I began an area search scanning the many aliens within the place dodging incoming offers of help from more of the possible rebel buggers. Eventually I located a long post like structure with a cylinder base.. this is known to the locals apparently as a paper towel holder... however it was a possible solution to my bucket stand needs. I was happy but only for a moment. You see.. the force works against us in so many ways.. this perfect metal looking stand was amazing in all it's glory.. but the credits required for this item were too high and the vendor refused to bargain.

Frustrated at the current abilities of my plastic credit holder I shifted to pick up a new fogging system for the white fluff remover that requires Matt from maintenance to service for storage during the warmer Jakku months until we return to Hoth once more.

It seems the scruffy-looking Rebel nerf herders won this round... However I plan on traveling to another location to visit the Imperial men in orange aprons within the location of Home Depot later this week.

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 3

Too funny lass , and you should know by now not to trust the rebel scum and just ask your fellow trooper.

Silly Brattie - tricks are for Jedi lol

• Like 2

OMG what have you started!???

UPDATE!!! yes I have an update!!!

1 Bucket Bag has arrived!

Bucket%20Bag_zpsrp0jgahr.png

I know I know.. I don't have a TK number so I had to put SOMETHING on it so I knew it was mine.. so yes.. I put the nick name I've had since I was little on it.

• Like 4

I keep meaning to find a embroidery shop here to have mine done. Need to have my name, TD, and numerous patches sewn on. Did you get yours from trooperbay? Looks like the same one I have. There's some really cool helmet bags on the 501st forums too. 

• Like 1

I keep meaning to find a embroidery shop here to have mine done. Need to have my name, TD, and numerous patches sewn on. Did you get yours from trooperbay? Looks like the same one I have. There's some really cool helmet bags on the 501st forums too.

Looks awesome! I need to look into ordering one cause I plan on going with a smaller armor transport which I have heard will not fit the helmet. I originally was thinking of using one of my drum set tom bags but that looks so cool and official.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I wore my TK boots in the house for weeks after I got them. Mt 2nd troop was 8 hours so they got put thru their paces and thw feet were tired after. I tried insoles after that but found them too thick in the toe section. I have inserts just for the heels to try this weekend to see if it makes any difference. ,

• Like 2

Build date: 1020340506-abs80.470erish.... (AKA Page 35)

I have traveled near and far but have realized that patience takes patience and OMG a lot of freaking waiting! It seems like all we do is wait.. Wait for glue to dry, wait for paint to dry, wait for orders to arrive, wait wait wait wait wait.. like GO AWAY I don't want to hurry up and WAIT anyMORE!

Alright.. tantrum avoided ~ chuckles ~  Honestly though.. don't you just want to SCREAM your head off while you wait for things!!!?????

~ deep breath ~  It's learn about Brattie time...

I've  loved star wars for like EVER! I had star wars bed sheets when I was little (still have the pillow case!) and had some of the figures as well.. even more of them I stole ~ clears throat ~ "borrowed" from my annoying older brother. ~ smiles angelically innocent ~ :D

Anyway.. I also have been involved in the arts for most of my life but it never lead to a career. In senior public school I applied and was accepted into a Art High School program with a major in visual arts.    :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:   Basically drawing and painting. I've done things like that for most of my life.

In the later years of high school I even started a business where I was doing drawings of businesses and made a bit of money.. however.. that passion became work. I recall one drawing I was commissioned to do. It was an Ink drawing of a Crappy tire store. Funnily enough I had worked at that store part time through high school.

Laughs. :laugh1:

Anyway, the drawing took 6 months of work with a .005 tip non-fade ink pen and magnifying glass. To say this drawing was detailed.. is an understatement. We are talking the pictures itself was over a meter in width. You could look through the front windows and see the cashiers and behind them the products on the shelves.. and their PRICES listed on the shelves.. oh yeah.. it was a masterpiece in patience and it took a LONG time.. like ALL my spare time to complete. I made around $1000 for it, but really it was worth a lot more. I learnt something from that drawing.. that my passion for art.. was gone. :o

Yep..  it had become a job.. and with that knowledge I vowed to never use my skills for work again.

I graduated Grade 13 (yeah I know.. people don't know what OAC credits are anymore!) and went to art school after being persuaded to continue with my talents. I was trying to get into the Disney Animation program at Sheridan college. It didn't work out, I managed to get into a crafts and design program and worked through glass blowing, ceramics and wood working and found a new passion within photography. I am really trying hard to not allow photography to become a job. Funny note:  I almost failed my Glass blowing class as most of my "creations" were star wars related. Laughs...

The point to that rambling -> I love taking pictures. I prefer wild life stills and such. I could spend hours in the bush or on the lake at our family cottage. It's the only place I feel grounded. If that makes any sense to all of you.

Anyway, with art becoming a job I had to find other ways after High school and into College to express myself and yes I have a few tattoos. Through friends I learnt about how to tattoo and was able to try it on pigskin under the watchful eye of one of my tattooing friends. She's awesome!

Through her I have helped with designing coverups and other items for her studio and clients as well as design my own tattoos for me.. I have yet to attempt it on a real person. Laughs. The it's permanent thing tends to have me stay away from inking someone. Laughs.

I have noted numerous special life events upon my canvas (skin).

I am calling this next section of this blog:

My Tattoos and me..

My first was a small character with a pencil and eraser - drawing my future and erasing my past.. was a funny thing I use to live by and got me through some rough times. It's on my ankle and in some ways resembles TimBit that came out years after my tattoo. I was 16 when I had that placed upon my skin.

My second tattoo was when I was 18, having realized I was a bit of a lone wolf with my star wars wishes and my artistic side. I'd rather be off in a corner doodling than out doing much. Anyway.. a lone wolf on my shoulder howling at the moon represents that time of my life. The howl of wanting to do more, of wanting to get out on my own and become my own person, yadda yadda yadda.. you know.. the I'm 18 rebel yell.. Laughs.

My Third Tattoo I lost track of time.. It's a flaming butterfly on my hip. The growing up and evolution of girl into woman. The passing the Teen years alive and really flourishing into who I am. the Career woman, making her own way in the world. Laughs..

My forth tattoo - a tribal phoenix. Now I was never fully happy with the design but it was an emotional explosion onto paper when I designed it. Every time I look in the mirror it reminds me of the struggles I over came in my 6 year relationship and the lessons I had learnt coming out of it. Learning to be single again.  In it's chaotic not perfect design it represents so much of me..

Fifth, sixth, seventh...

Not long after the phoenix, I had the tattoos of my first and second dog. Forever companions in my life and still bring a tear to my eye and smile to my face when I think of them. Both Golden Retrievers and cream color. I designed a tribal tattoo for them both and have it placed on either side of the phoenix on my back. The first pup lasted 12 years arriving into our family when I was in my early teens. I don't think I would have survived them without her. Laugh.   the second pup arrived a year after the first passed over the bridge and lasted until a few years ago when she had a stroke and died around Easter time. I was about an hour away from arriving at my parents place when it all happened.. so close but not close enough to say goodbye to a dear friend. Still brings a tear to my eye. I carry them both with me now.

With those tattoos I also had a quote added to my upper back.

“These violent delights have violent ends And in their triumph die, like fire and powder Which, as they kiss, consume”  

This quote means a lot more to me than something in a Twilight movie or old Shakespearean play.  To me it's about enjoying every moment in life for it only lasts but a moment and then becomes a memory. 

Anyway, to continue onward with all of this.. I have more plans for my back with one representing my mother and a sailors anchor similar to the one my dad has with his firefighter badge number and such for him.

Continuing on this journey and signifying the growth within myself the past few years and my love of Star wars I will be updating my skin art with a new addition this weekend.

I will be adding my Eighth Tattoo...

TKBrattie-SM_zpsonlr7neq.png

To either my left shoulder or my right thigh. I haven't decided the placement as of yet and will be testing how it looks with the stencil when I get to my friends tattoo shop in Barrie this weekend.

I don't plan on putting the aurebesh curved at the top but rather just have it straight across. I wish to eventually add my TK number when it's awarded.

I know which TK number I'd like (Tk-70926) which has a ton of meanings for me... but just in case I don't get it I don't want it inked until after the fact.

The tattoo will represent my passion for star wars and the journey I am embarking on. I realized the other day that I don't have a single Canadian Representation on me as of yet.. so the leaf will complete that as I am proud of my country.

Anyway, this ends my .. learn about Brattie moment...

Now back to the regularly scheduled daily wait for my BBB and build thread... :peace:

PS. I love photoshop and have tons of neat Cottage pictures with Star wars items in them now on FB.. that being said.. be sure to copy this below one and post on Clamp's FB as much as possible.. ~ grin ~

Clamps_zpsaqzxk2jq.png

Oh and here is one of the pictures I took off the dock at our cottage and then worked it a bit to be more awesome!.. Enjoy!!

SW_GHL-2_zpsar1lrhzf.png

Oh last note.. I hope to one day visit Scotland and take pictures of castles! I love Scottish accents!! :D

https://youtu.be/h2fv8rbAEdA

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 2

I wonder if it's the same Tattoo shop where I got mine before Basic training (highway that leads to Angus...)

I really miss cottage country too.

Great read Angie, for what it's worth I'm really proud of your patience too.

Even I'm getting Oober ancy in your wait, and when that BBB arrives... "Here comes the BOOM!"

• Like 3

My Friend Cass is the tattoo artist.. her place is called.. giggle - camel trails. Laughs.

It shouldn't be too long now. Mark said he has 2 people working on them now which is super awesome for him. He's really good at keeping you up to date on things.

Can't be too long now :)

• Like 3

If I'm ever in Barrie again, you've got to hook me up! I am ashamed of all of my tattooes now... 

I was obsessed with Soviet history in highschool and marred my body with a bunch of soviet graffiti that looks terrible and is embarrassing. I thought I was so badass with a hammer and sickle on my shoulder and bunch of words in cyrillic on my back and forearm. It holds no meaning to me anymore as I'm not a Bolshevik or even Russian for that matter!

I'd like to get a sweet SW themed sleeve to cover up the mess I made, or maybe something more in line with my current interests... I still think Russian History is fascinating but marking you body with political symbols of an oppressive regime (though totally not as bad as a swastika or some awful crap like that) is stupid and I wholly regret it.

My sister's boyfriend is also a pretty amazing tattoo artist, but even though he's pretty much family he runs a bit expensive (jerk lol). Anyway, I hope I can finish most of my armour by the time you get yours so I don't feel like a complete fool and we can be suited up at the same time! Godspeed Bratt-wurst! lol 

My Friend Cass is the tattoo artist.. her place is called.. giggle - camel trails. Laughs.

It shouldn't be too long now. Mark said he has 2 people working on them now which is super awesome for him. He's really good at keeping you up to date on things.

Can't be too long now :)

• Like 2

I rather have an expensive tattoo that looks amazing than save a few bucks and get mediocre. Usually once you establish business with an "expensive" artist, they will start hooking you up. It's been closer to 10 years since I had any work done. One day I'll finish my chest piece and start my star wars sleeve. 

• Like 3

Totally agree Jason,

I should have saved that money for something I could be proud of... But hey, I was 18 year old punk full of p*ss and vinegar lol.

I rather have an expensive tattoo that looks amazing than save a few bucks and get mediocre. Usually once you establish business with an "expensive" artist, they will start hooking you up. It's been closer to 10 years since I had any work done. One day I'll finish my chest piece and start my star wars sleeve. 

• Like 2

This is why I design my own tattoos.. each one is my own work of art.. it's my own.. so I can always relate to it and understand why it's there and what was going on in my life when that one was placed. It's my own design.. not a rendition of anothers.. all mine..

• Like 1

Yeah I have some I'm no longer in love with, that's for sure. I also have a 1/4 leg piece started of Invader Zim mural that will probably never get done. I do get lots of comments on it when I'm wearing shorts in the summer though. Just haven't watched the show in 10 years+ lol. 

• Like 2

Oh man I love Invader Zim lol. And I agree Ange, I should have designed my own, but I am way to critical of my art and could never decide on anything... I've been an artist all of my life but something went sour around the end of Highschool and beginning of university that made me give up on myself artistically. Slowly trying to retake that back.

Yeah I have some I'm no longer in love with, that's for sure. I also have a 1/4 leg piece started of Invader Zim mural that will probably never get done. I do get lots of comments on it when I'm wearing shorts in the summer though. Just haven't watched the show in 10 years+ lol. 

• Like 1

And I am home.. what a great day with a good friend .. we fiddled with my tatt design off and on until we had something that would look good forever.. had to watch as if you put lines too close together they bleed .. yadda yadda yadda.. very happy with how it turned out.. it's fresh in this picture and my arm is still swollen a bit but it was great!

SW%20Tatts_zpscubsrfqu.png

We even set it up so my TK number will go perfect below it. Now I just need to finish my build and all will be great!

I didn't put a TK number just in case the one I really want isn't assigned.. so that way I can ensure it's the right number :P

It's also a replica of the logo I designed.. not a perfect bucket. There is no such thing as a perfect bucket.. so it's quirky like me!

Also got great news.. I should be able to start working under her again to get back into tattooing again. I was in the process of learning when I ran into some issues with my drawing hand. :P

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 3