What's your experience with the "bend over" mod?

I would like to know what your experience with the "bend over" mod (cutting the front and back pieces in two). Did you get significantly more flexibility in leaning forward?

Just thinking about it my brain tells me that only the front pices should need cutting, not the back piece. Ie; cutting back and front gives 30% extra bending over flexibilty... cutting only the front should also just give 30%, could this be right or wrong?... meaning the back piece doesn't do make any difference whether it's cut or not.

If now you DO get a much better result in leaning forward with this mod, my brain tells me that using the ABS plastic belt would HINDER leaning forward, correct?.....or maybe just hinder by a tiny bit?.

Now... if this mod really do make you able to bend over nicely, would it then be recomended to get the Canvas belt?, as to me it would seem using this belt instead of the ABS one would make it easier to bend over, correct?

Although there is a "mod" in the title and ehm... it's actually a question about this bending mod, I find this thread to be more suitable here in the "Armor and Helmets - General Discussion" forum rather than the mod forum, if this is wrong, feel free to move it.

Sorry for my bad english :), I find it hard to find the right words.

"bend over mod" :lol:

Spit my Beer... LOL. I thought that was for the IRS use only!

Sucks when you drop something and have to do the unsightly reach to get stuff...

I would say yes. Mod the armor to be more freindly. The first time you have to pee... that will make up for the heartache now.

The butt plate should be cut anyway, that is how the films have it.

"bend over mod" :lol:

Spit my Beer... LOL. I thought that was for the IRS use only!

Sucks when you drop something and have to do the unsightly reach to get stuff...

I would say yes. Mod the armor to be more freindly. The first time you have to pee... that will make up for the heartache now.

The butt plate should be cut anyway, that is how the films have it.

:D

Yeah, it's like that the movies have it, but I don't care for accurate, only that it is "friendly" on me and look good. Don't like the look of the back when people have cut theirs, they all have a huge, visible crack in their butt plate (that's another funny one, no?..:), crack in the but so to speak :D). I would have covered that up with a white leather piece on the inside to make the crack less visible, donno why others don't.

Will think about it, but wouldn't mind more comments on this, and the canvas belt.

I went ahead and cut my ab piece into two. If anything just for ease of use in the bathroom. So far, I'm able to sit, it's just getting back up that is the real problem, but that's more due to the length of my thighs.

No one ever said you would be comfortable.

I have both my cod and butt separated but I still need to grab the cod piece and hike it up higher in order to have a seat.

I have both my cod and butt separated but I still need to grab the cod piece and hike it up higher in order to have a seat.

Mine can't be higher up, or it will crush my balls, it's all tight right now.

So, I guess.... cutting those two pieces makes little difference.

I'll say again that my observation is that this varies quite a bit from person to person. Also, if you're tired enough, you'll find a way to sit (ask anyone who marched in the Rose Parade).

I've done it to one kit and not another, and have the same freedom of movement and ability to sit.

The truth is that these suits were designed to look good, not be comfy. The more comfy you make it, the more you need to trim and the less accurate it can become.

My $.02...end of line.

Ahhh the things we endure for the sake of a good appearance...I'm gonna just assume I'm not the only one here sporting the occasional pinch marks on the inside of the elbows.

I've heard them called "armor kisses". I get them in the inside of the elbows too, but so far that's the only place.

Rose Parade.... man, as soon as I got on that bus, I ripped that crap off a me as fast as possible. I wanted out!!!!! I walked back to the hotel room through the lobby in my black undersuit and did not give a damn what anyone thought! THAT WAS A TOUGH MARCH!

When I got my shoes off my big toe nails were purple and they stayed that way for about 5 months - NO LIE!!!

It certainly doesn't hurt to cut your ab , but I'm not to sure how much it helps . The belt keeps it all pretty tightly together anyway . Trimming your thighs does help .

UHDh3sB.jpg

PjAfuiB.jpg

I've done a 10km , and a 15km walk in my armour , and the only problem I have is the same as Paul's , armour kisses on the inside of my elbows .

davej said:

It certainly doesn't hurt to cut your ab , but I'm not to sure how much it helps . The belt keeps it all pretty tightly together anyway . Trimming your thighs does help .

I've done a 10km , and a 15km walk in my armour , and the only problem I have is the same as Paul's , armour kisses on the inside of my elbows .

DAM wish i could bend over that far . with my back fused on way in hell that will happen.