First Order V.1 Prototype Baton

TK-Sonic

Hello Troopers.<br><br>

KBARMORY is proud to show FISD members the First Order Version 1 Prototype Baton.<br><br>

This Baton is made with 4 Vacuum formed thick ABS plastic Pieces and some internal PVC pieces for structure and support.<br><br>

This first version is stationary and does not move. <br><br>

We added some LED battery operated lights for a little added effect, Also at this time we are working on some 3d printed parts for grebblie extras.<br><br>

So what does everyone think?<br><br>

Should the arrows be raised or lowered?<br><br>

What color or items would you like to see? (Please keep it realistic)<br><br>

After the final Version is made we will open up a sales thread.<br><br>

Good day and Best Regards from all of us at KBARMORY

post-21708-0-63300200-1449681301_thumb.jpg

post-21708-0-45385400-1449681319_thumb.jpg

post-21708-0-07016400-1449681337_thumb.jpg

Edited by TK-Sonic
  • Like 3

Looks good Rob! Can't believe how fast you whipped this up.

So one thing that seems to be the case - and it's hard to tell if it's just the photos - but this seems a little chunkier than the one on screen. Is it just the perspective? Maybe it's just that it should be further extended and that's all.

Here is a comparison to see what I'm saying. The ratio of the gaps between the black bars looks bigger compared to the arm thickness compared to yours. Again, hard to tell how much is the perspective though.

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-09%20at%2010.34.

Edited by camprandall
  • Like 1

Thnx camprandall. At first it does seem a bit clunky but after assembly and test battles with the baton. Its actually a pretty good size. We based this off of the toy Baton with some screen shots thrown in.

Yep. Working on improvements, we worked hard to get the prototype done in time for the movie.<br>

More things will be added in due time.<br>

Thanx for the tips, its the stuff were looking for.

Yep. Working on improvements, we worked hard to get the prototype done in time for the movie.<br>

More things will be added in due time.<br>

Thanx for the tips, its the stuff were looking for.

Totally understand! Just giving feedback. Honestly it's probably a little silly to talk about upgrades at this point with the movie so close. We'll have great shots of the thing in a little over a week. :)

It's obviously hard to tell from the limited resources available, but I assume the extending portions also pop-out. In the pic above with the baton extended , they are obviously offset from the centerline of the baton. But in the collapsed position, they seem to be compressed and aligned to centerline. I've been contemplating how to mechanize this. I love how it snaps open in the clip that Billhag posted!

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Nice work.

I also agree it looks a little bulky in comparison.

I went with red in the centre section.

1xWz3xi.jpg

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021

I will say that the pics Peter posted on FB with the whole suit and finished kit looked much better proportionally so I'm guessing it's just a trick of the photo/lighting. Maybe Peter can post some of those here.

I'm confused - I though this and the one Peter offered were two different batons. 

No worries - I easily get confused ;) You're right though Peter's seems to be more proportional. Not knocking on KBA's - after all its a prototype/WIP and as you inferred the pictures (angle) could be skewing the perceived proportions a bit.

Edited by Vertex

Hey, not sure if this will be any help but I recently posted a TR-8R reference image thread. If you come across any images that would be good for reference please post them here. Awesome work by the way, very jelous!<br><br>

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=252623'>http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=252623</a>