Pyrates AP Build and Journey to The 501st

With the AP kits is it just the grey paint for the teeth needed? I can't think where else....oh and the TD tube and ab buttons as well I guess. Any other paint we need for an ANH build?

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0251 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

With the AP kits is it just the grey paint for the teeth needed? I can't think where else....oh and the TD tube and ab buttons as well I guess. Any other paint we need for an ANH build?

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0251 using Tapatalk

Check- out justjoseph's TK supply list mate, he gives all the Testors numbers and Humbrol numbers too - standby I will get the link

Supply list for your TK build....

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/31404-Supply-list-for-your-TK-build%2E%2E%2E%2E

Edited by Pyrates

I'm I misreading that as a star trek reference...

PS It looks AWESOME.

Glad I wasn't the only one. :)

I agree, that is some excellent work there on the teeth. Kudos!

• Like 2

Many thanks mates! Only one more mod to be done to that notch but I have to size first to see if it's required. Racing to try and get my work day done early lol.

• Like 1

AB Button Plate - test dry run is a success - here's the strategy:

First I centered the plate over the underlying gap and used a pencil to lightly trace out the sides. I then taped the plate to help hold it's position and then secured it in place with some clamps and a meter stick using only as much pressure to hold the plate tight to the ab armor. Now to go second round with E-6000... (guttural)Ohhh yeeahhh in a Tim the Toolman fashion followed by "Uh..O...o" lol

F0332CDA-DB2F-4D4E-9290-629DDED18B3C_zps

7B054D27-5AF8-4F91-890E-DCA3DCCB4C2C_zps

• Like 4

Measured my rivet heads after Knock noticed from one of the other recruits that they seem a bit large. All of my rivets are 1.5mm too big for Centurion - time for my backup plan or I should say Trooper lol. Cheers Joseph and here's the link for my correction to this little problem.

Centurion Level Rivet sets For Sale.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/34902-Centurion-Level-Rivet-sets-For-Sale%2E

• Like 3

Hey Aaron, looks like you cut all the flashing off your ab button plate. You're suppose to leave some on. Check out Kendall's Hero thread to show you what the plate should look like:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31848-kredals-anh-hero-build-am2/?p=415577

Hey Aaron, looks like you cut all the flashing off your ab button plate. You're suppose to leave some on. Check out Kendall's Hero thread to show you what the plate should look like:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31848-kredals-anh-hero-build-am2/?p=415577

I checked in with the powers that be prior to ensure that it wouldn't hinder me from getting Centurion. This is ok as long as it covers the gap in the back. The plate sits nice and flush.

Cheers mate - I always appreciate it (fist bump)!

• Like 1

AB plate - ready for assembly. I used some q-tips to remove any excess E-6000, and for my first time using it I love the stuff! Didn't stink that bad at all too. After the excess was removed I then used some white Testors paint to paint the seam. I cleaned off the excess paint with a few more q-tips and some spit. Here's the end result and I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

228B1F7E-34EF-40C8-92D0-46943DB7BF59_zps

CEE7363C-0D7B-4804-9F18-50186A90769B_zps

ED05C354-C676-4DBF-8402-E647EBE4E4D3_zps

9788EAB2-943C-4495-8D0F-9E491DC3B534_zps

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 1

Once a cousin of mine, twice removed, told me "It's all about leverage eh!"

Someone smell burning cheese? Rotfl

Edited by Pyrates