ESB TK Lens Information

cjdesign

what exactly is the ruling on green bubble eyes for ESB TK? I know there was one used in ESB. Any strict guidelines for centurion?

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/original-ESB-stormtrooper-armor-helmets.htm

Edited by cjdesign

As far as I am aware, bubble lenses are only approved in ANH Hero, (required for level 2 and above) and ROTJ (required for level 3).

Star wars helmets lists no bubble lens helmet in ESB? why did you post that link?

the first full mask photo has flat lens and the second has bubble lens (you can see curved highlight on the left) that's why I posted the link to show the difference. Honestly, I can't see through the bubble lens and would prefer flat.

Can you use something other then green? I thought I read it can be dark lens or greens lens? Any info would be helpful Vern! Thanks!

Edited by cjdesign

the first full mask photo has flat lens and the second has bubble lens (you can see curved highlight on the left) that's why I posted the link to show the difference. Honestly, I can't see through the bubble lens and would prefer flat.

Can you use something other then green? I thought I read it can be dark lens or greens lens? Any info would be helpful Vern! Thanks!

I think basic 501st approval says it can be dark brown/smoke/black or green or something along those lines.

• 2 weeks later...

esb tks had bubble eyes. does this mean it's OK for approval?

‘Empire Strikes Back’ Stormtrooper Helmet Fetches $120,000 at Auction

http://variety.com/2015/artisans/production/stormtrooper-helmet-sells-for-120000-at-auction-1201611983/

post-25146-0-99297000-1445480740_thumb.jpg

Edited by cjdesign

Stefan is right. This is not an ESB helmet but one of the infamous "ESB MkII" the production made to replace the old and worn ANH. Like Mathias has already said it, only one of those made its way to screen for ESB. So if you want bubble lens inside your lid, then you will have to replicate entirely this helmet.

Generally speaking you want to go with flat lenses either way, as that is less headache-inducing when worn.

Tell me about it... I feel like i'm looking through distorted stained glass