Thermal Detonator Construction Dimensions ?

Whilst the glue on my forearm is curing, I thought I might start to construct my thermal detonator, but after digging through my file of print outs for the information, I found two diffrent photos (which I found on FISD), with different sizes.

The first is:-

190mm in length

Width/Depth of end cap 24mm

Distance between end cap and "White Plate" 15mm

"White Plate" length 108mm

"White Plate" width 85mm

The second is:-

190mm in length

Width/Depth of end cap 20mm

Distance between end cap and "White Plate" 12mm

"White Plate" length 122mm

"White Plate" width 95mm

Whilst most of the differences are small and negligible, there's a couple that are pretty large.

I have looked around for anything definative concerning construction, I understand the clips should be as close to the end caps as you can make them, got that.

I am building a set of AM 2.0 armor.

As I am aiming for accuracy, any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Artshot

Your end cap thickness should be a little closer to 20 mm 

the control panel width (side to side) is perfect and front to back is perfect

the gap between the control panel and end caps should be about 12 mm

all together your total leng should be around 187...just as you have. (in that ball park)

The belt clips should be 2mm thick X 27mm wide aluminum

Thanks for the information Steve, just checked, the second set of sizes come from a "Billhag" photo (I think I have them all printed), from a lot of the builds I have followed and printed out, it looks like, when in doubt, go with "Billhag" ?

• 2 years later...
On 8/28/2015 at 1:24 PM, gazmosis said:

The belt clips should be 2mm thick X 27mm wide aluminum

I know this thread is ancient in internet years, but I've been scouring the web for the measurements for the ANH TK thermal detonator clip size / dimensions.  The 2mm (thick) x 27mm (wide) is good — but how long are each of the clips before bent into shape?  I'd like to make my own but information has been really hard to find save for the reference photos which still leave me guessing.

• 1 month later...

I too have the same question....How long are the aluminum strips BEFORE they are bent into the clip shape?

From reading above, I gather 200mm is the answer but is that correct?? And would that be for just ONE clip? So I'd need to purchase enough to make two, right?

I'm planning on making this myself because I need it completed by next weekend. If I had time to order pre-made clips I would, I the shipping time would be take too long and I'd missed my deadline. I'm pretty resourceful so I know I can make this. All I'm lacking is the length measurements so I know how much to buy this weekend from a hardware store. Thanks in advance for any help!!

• 1 year later...

I'm not sure there is a length. I'm hoping to be finishing up and getting my approval pics taken soon (did my pre approval, so I assume mine wasn't an issue since that wasn't an issue). Mine are 90mm before the bend (part going behind the belt). I'm still learning a lot myself every time I turn around, so take it for what it is worth... 

6 hours ago, Standrex said:

I'm not sure there is a length. I'm hoping to be finishing up and getting my approval pics taken soon (did my pre approval, so I assume mine wasn't an issue since that wasn't an issue). Mine are 90mm before the bend (part going behind the belt). I'm still learning a lot myself every time I turn around, so take it for what it is worth... 

There is a length CRL: The total length is approximately 7.50" (190.5mm).

TD

Yes...  We've established the overall length of the thermal detonator. We are talking about the thermal detonator CLIPS and how much length the straight part of the clips are before the bend. Thanks though.