AM 2.0 Armor Build in Ohio

Josh is absolutely right, Richard.  But, like he said, glue (even E-6000) will make it difficult to change things in the future if you want to.  I am not "shill" for SUGRU, but the thing I like about it is that it will stay in place forever, until you decide to change it.

Glue won't affect any certification levels, as long as it's not visible from the outside.  All it will do is make it impossible to take the helmet apart again, if you ever want to make any other changes... I say go for it, if it will make it look the way you want it to!

I ment if I have the scowling helmet, is that bad for certification an a stunt?

Also is the trooper bay lens thicker than the film I can't tell from the photo and it says flimsy....Joseph, did you get yous at trooper bay?

I ment if I have the scowling helmet, is that bad for certification an a stunt?

Also is the trooper bay lens thicker than the film I can't tell from the photo and it says flimsy....Joseph, did you get yous at trooper bay?

If you look at the reference photos, you'll see the brow trim was in several different places. As long as it is close to what you see in the references, you'll be fine.

The Trooperbay lens material is pretty thick, though I don't have anything to compare it too. He sends out a piece as a part of the MTK kit. You can check out what the thickness may look like in my build thread, from the most recent build log I posted. I hope that helps.

If you look at the reference photos, you'll see the brow trim was in several different places. As long as it is close to what you see in the references, you'll be fine.

The Trooperbay lens material is pretty thick, though I don't have anything to compare it too. He sends out a piece as a part of the MTK kit. You can check out what the thickness may look like in my build thread, from the most recent build log I posted. I hope that helps.

Thanks Khazid, I set you build to follow to, the way you put in the lenses looks great And clean!

Thanks Khazid, I set you build to follow to, the way you put in the lenses looks great And clean!

Thanks, I got the idea from some advice Gazmosis gave in another build thread a few months ago. I hope to have more updates soon.

Keep ip the work on yours! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Needless to say, when you go to paint your helmet, do these 2 things… 

1. Use a pencil and mark what you want to paint

2. Use small paint brush and take your time!

I painted the chin last night, it turned out soooo bad I had to use the paint thinner on it. So bad I won't show you how bad it was. I thought "I'm an artist… I don't need make lines to stay in" HAY! Was I wrong… So here is my lines I drew in. 

image2_zpsuurxv9ko.jpg

And here is my final, much better then my first attempt.

image4_zpspi7v88eb.jpg

And this is the tiny brush i used to get in my lines I ended up drawing.

image5y_zpsrfpvrzwn.jpg

Lucky for me I had to paint the pips only once, much easier!

image1_zpswbgeqrmr.jpg

Edited by rduda
  • Like 1

Where in OH are you? Make sure to register and join the Ohio Garrison. This is your first step towards acceptance into the 501st Legion. I'm the Events Coordinator for the North region of the Ohio Garrison and could be in your area if you need assistance. I'm 20 minutes East of Cleveland.

Edited by aliens8us

Where in OH are you? Make sure to register and join the Ohio Garrison. This is your first step towards acceptance into the 501st Legion. I'm the Events Coordinator for the North region of the Ohio Garrison and could be in your area if you need assistance. I'm 20 minutes East of Cleveland.

I did get into the treads over on the Ohio Garrison, but nothing of my own so far. I'm in massillon with is right under Akron so I'm not to far from you. As I get going on my build and finish I really want to do a lot of Troopping, I do want to be an active member.

And on another note: down a total of 45 Lbs. total so far, I can see the difference but I will still need to do the shims on the sides, but hopefully by the time I work throughout the arms and legs the middle will not need them ;) 

Also here are some toons I made tis week for the ArtAwakens.com art contest

c415926b1691e104375142778322c0_zps4nxbuf

8c8523bfcaa8ec9770dfe996d660ea_zpsoquzaw

311591cc31a05a0cb591dfdf3f2fe9_zpskdyyf1996e3dcd26975bdc3e09e715e127e5_zpsdbdt3u

• Like 1

Great thread. I am just starting my AM build as well but decided to work the legs first. They seem to be the least complicated and any screw ups would be easy to fix. The cartoons are great and I really like the last one with the Rebel boxers. Good luck with your build and look forward to reading more.

• 4 weeks later...

Made a big fix over the last few weeks! I took my bucket apart and made some new holes and now I don't have the severe scowling look and I didn't have to glue the helmet.

image1_zpsrfefxmcq.jpg

Along with some teeth

image2_zps7apkqa0w.jpg

image3_zpspxaiuz57.jpg

and ear painting. Is that too much black on the ear?

Edited by rduda

I had to do a lot of trimming to make the bucket fit my big fat head, but I already cut my S-tube, so this is how I have it now. I ordered a new one from TrooperBay and it's more than half the thickness. I like the thicker one, anyone know where to find them, I tried auto parts stores and Lowes… Help? 

image1%20copy_zpsbgab5dxt.jpg

Waiting on some military padding for inside of helmet and need to add my mouth mesh still. So you use the armor glue, hot glue gun? any recomenations?

Edited by rduda

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Ok, its been a few weeks now, I'm starting the next phased of my build after the helmet… my belt. I don't think I have the money or time to get the whole armor done in time for the movie next month but  I think it would be cool to have my belt and blaster. I'm not a sower so I ordered a base canvas belt, I'm waiting to hear how long it will take to make. Then I'll start that, darn need Thermal Detonator clips, I don't think I can make those. is there a pattern to bend those too?

Any reference to a blaster kits, going for 501st approved but on the low cost and I can assemble and paint. Time to go searching...

I did see some one make a set of trooper hand cuffs, I think I'll get those for my set too, has any one seen kets for those? I can't wait to start trooping thought its going to take ma a while  :smiley-sw013:

Yes I did, did I do some thing wrong??

A Tk Stunt only has 8 teeth cut out. 4 on each side. You're going to have to get some ABS paste and fill in the two smallest teeth. Not a hard fix at all though!