AM 2.0 Armor Build in Ohio

Hi every one, I'm Richard and I'm starting my AM 2.0 armor build and I thought I would document here for everyone.

At one time I had some armor off e-bay and put it all together, but I was too over weight (298lbs at my max) and didn't have the knowledge on how to modify the armor to fit. so when I needed money I ended up selling it.

Last year I went down to Disney for the first time and saw the 501st on Star Wars weekend, and I thought I want to do that, and do it right. I found the 501 and this site and I think after a tune of reading, I can do this.

A few weeks ago I put in my order for the AM armor. I saw that  people said it was for larger people I would have a better chance with it. So I got my Big Brown Box! Cats seem to like it too. 

I'm now at 265lbs and I'm still working an loosing weight and its steadily coming off, yea! and it's time to start building. 

I figure since I'm working on the weight I would start on parts like the bucket first and work my way to the mid section.

post-23804-0-37615000-1435502744_thumb.jpg

post-23804-0-08990700-1435502751_thumb.jpg

Edited by rduda
  • Like 1

You have six teeth cut out, so it looks like you're doing a Hero build like me!  Woo!  

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/album/27-helmet-frown-a-new-hope-hero/shows how the teeth look on the Hero helmets.  Check out all of the photo references at the top, and pay close attention to ANH Hero galleries if that's what you're doing.

If you're not worried about getting the higher certification levels, then do what you want.  A mix of hero and stunt will be fine, and just make sure what you're doing is OK for the base level (black text) in the CRL.

Looking forward to watching your build too!

I was going to cut out all 8 teeth, I just happened to stop for the night on the 6. And my ear has 4 bumps so I was going for the level 2 stunt. Other than the physical details between stunt and hero, whats the difference between the two, I haven't seen that yet in my reading?

You have six teeth cut out, so it looks like you're doing a Hero build like me!  Woo!  

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/album/27-helmet-frown-a-new-hope-hero/shows how the teeth look on the Hero helmets.  Check out all of the photo references at the top, and pay close attention to ANH Hero galleries if that's what you're doing.

If you're not worried about getting the higher certification levels, then do what you want.  A mix of hero and stunt will be fine, and just make sure what you're doing is OK for the base level (black text) in the CRL.

Looking forward to watching your build too!

Where is your build at, I want to take a peek and follow?

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31848-kredals-anh-hero-build-am2/is my build thread.

So differences in stunt and hero:

Stunt has 8 teeth, hero has 8

Stunt has 4 ear bars, hero has 3

Hero "eyebrow ridge" is a lot lower

Hero holster has 4 rivets, stunt has 2

Hero neckseal is a whole bib thing

Hero has to have bubble lenses

Hero *may* have grappling hook instead of TD

• Like 1

A lot of things depend on which build you are going for, Richard, as there are quite a few differences in Hero and Stunt..  The AM 2.0 kit  comes with 4 bump ear guards, but if you are going for Hero, there are suppliers that you can get the 3 bump type.  To see all the various differences in the two, (holster, # of teeth, lens type, etc.) double check the CRLs.  Hope this helps!

• 3 weeks later...

Question 2, Here is my helmet assembled so far, I had some white space between the top of the eyes but the ears once i bolted them down pushed them to the angry trooper look. From my second and then third picture here I can push the sides of the top of the bucket and it pops back down. Should I glue the inside top helmet? Any help would be appreciated  :blink: 

Normal
image1-1_zpsuygzpqmb.jpg

No pressure on sides:

image3-1_zpscovfz2sb.jpg

Add some pressure with thumbs to push in lid:

image2-1_zps39o9q9ga.jpg

The hard green lenses are for Hero.  There should have been a cardboard tube with green plastic film. That's what it comes with for Stunt.  Trooperbay might have thicker plastic for sale.

That's really weird that the ears pushed the top down.  Did you have all three screws in on both sides before doing the ears?  You really need all three in to keep the faceplate locked in a specific position you want.  The three dimples on either side are for using BEFORE the ears.  Only if one of those three screws interferes with an ear screw should you take it out for final assembly.

Yes I have the tube with the film, I saw a thread where some one cut out a welders mask screen to make there flat eyes, so I'm going to do that if I can't find lenses on trooper bay, I had planned on getting a few things like the fabric belt, mouth mesh and closed boxes for the belt. I did order my icom and amp this weekend, can't wait to play with those!

As for the helmet, I had the 2 side screws in tight and put on the ear all 3 screws at the same time, slowly screwing them down a little at the same time until tight, the one ear was a perfect fit right out of the box, the other I had to trimm (a lot) which ment I put it on a half a million times to check it before I was done, only then did I notice the problem. I have read that on the new AM2.0 there is a gap in the tube front size and this would be a challenge. I like how it looks but should I try glue, would this hold back any certifications for any level?

As for the green film in the tube, Richard, it just looked entirely too flimsy to use, and seemed like it would be a nightmare to attach.  I ended up ordering a set of hard plastic flat lenses, and attached them with SUGRU, which is kind of a cross between glue and Pla-Doh.  Easy to do, and worked like a charm!.

• Like 1

I like how it looks but should I try glue, would this hold back any certifications for any level?

Glue won't affect any certification levels, as long as it's not visible from the outside.  All it will do is make it impossible to take the helmet apart again, if you ever want to make any other changes... I say go for it, if it will make it look the way you want it to!