plot hole in ANH

troopertom

Here's one to think about.  I never really noticed until I started researching armor.  How are Han and Luke able to wear trooper armor over there clothes they arrive at the Death Star in?  Ok maybe the armor over there clothes, but what about the TK boots over their own boots.  Not possible right?  I would say this is a big plot hole that not a lot of people thought about.  But it's there.

Maybe they are really lucky and the garbage compactor came out right where they stashed there clothes. Guided by the force?

Or perhaps there clothes were found when r2 and 3po were discovered and just happen to be thrown out into the same garbage compactor they end up in .Deleted scene?

Edited by Mcott65

If you think about how long it takes to dress up and then add the time it takes to pull off the armor from an unconscious trooper, you are in a time range between 30 minutes to an hour.

That wouldn't fit actionwise, too ...

File that under "classic plot twist that is so funny and witty, that we are using it in the movie, despite the fact that is unrealistic and silly".

George Lucas seems to like it tremendously, because Indiana jones is also doing it twice or thrice.

Maybe they could have pulled the undersuit over their clothes since Han's are fairly form-fitting and Luke wears loose thin rags. I think we need to get someone to test this theory to find out for certain lol.

Why doesn't Obi-Wan want a suit, I always wondered. I know he's basically on a suicide mission, but he could have strolled over to the tractor beam generators instead of sneaking... Maybe HIS clothes wouldn't fit😅

Or Chewie could have a Marry Poppins-style messenger bag

That's funny, I too thought of that when I was a kid in 1977. I was like, "hey, how did Han and Luke manage to keep their clothes, boots, belts, and holsters...plus Luke's saber?" In the end, I just rationalized that they "stashed" their stuff in a closet and geared up after the compactor. :)