Is FX to big for me???

Sorry. I've looked, but nothing really addresses the right fit for the FX armour. To the point, I'm 5'11" and around 180lbs. I've heard that FX is for the larger trooper. Will I be swimming in it?

If not, I guess I'm settled on getting a set (thanks for everyone who's helped me in my decision making!). But I just want to make sure I'm making the right decision.

Cheers.

DD.

Not sure about "swimming", but most people have to shim/trim depending on their exact body type. Unless you're on a tight budget, I'd not recommend FX and get something more accurate and closer to your build, such as AP or TE2, though both require trimming.

If you're dead set on FX it should fit you OK - smaller folks have made it work for sure. Just be very careful who you order FX from - there are a lot of shady dealers out there.

Not sure about "swimming", but most people have to shim/trim depending on their exact body type. Unless you're on a tight budget, I'd not recommend FX and get something more accurate and closer to your build, such as AP or TE2, though both require trimming.

If you're dead set on FX it should fit you OK - smaller folks have made it work for sure. Just be very careful who you order FX from - there are a lot of shady dealers out there.

Dead set on price right now :mellow:. But, still a nice chunk of coin to drop on something which may or may not fit me well. What I'd like to know is how many on this board have FX and are around my dimensions? How much work is it to make the FX looks good?

Any help is much appreciated...

Cheers,

DD.

I am 5'10" - 5'11" (depending on the day, and if I shave!!!!).

My first kit was an FX and it fits fine. I did trim a bunch off the thighs, but other than that, it was a good fit.

I do agree with Paul, in that there are other sets out there, and you might pay just a little more, but it is totally worth it in the end!!

I am 5'10" - 5'11" (depending on the day, and if I shave!!!!).

My first kit was an FX and it fits fine. I did trim a bunch off the thighs, but other than that, it was a good fit.

I do agree with Paul, in that there are other sets out there, and you might pay just a little more, but it is totally worth it in the end!!

So a trim and a shave and I should be good. I like the idea of the larger bucket to allow the mods I plan to install (every conceivable thing I can put into it!). Okay, so I'll cut my teeth on the FX and when I win the lottery or lose a leg at work and get comp I can buy a better suit.

Thanks Scott!

DD.

And I'm 6'0" 180lbs. Again, it's pretty assured it would fit you fine, it all comes down to price vs. accuracy.

Also, the FX kit is really only glaring in the chest and thighs. Trim them right and only us fellow geeks can tell the diff. It can certainly be made into a good suit - a good number of Elite are using FX from the neck down.

Yeah, everyone I know, including Alex, is MUCH thinner than I am, and the armor looks really good on me, and really good on them! It's just a really good armor for just about any body type I think!

I'm 5'11" and 195 lbs. I need to go back and modify a few things on my FX for comfort but that's an ongoing process. That being said, every kit you get will require some modification to fit right. Take your time and ask questions if you are unsure.

This is one of those hobbies where a 1000 people have done it before, but your problems will still be unique. You may look at it and see a new way to solve an old problem, or you may take someones advice and make it work for you. Either way, don't be afraid to tweak your armor. Just go slow and work in small increments.

Just be aware that as much as FX is loved, it is the least accurate of the accepted armors out there, and down the line some do feel the need to upgrade parts or the entire suit. Then again, others don't. But at least you go in knowing, and that's what really matters, not what you end up getting.

I'm a pretty thin and tall guy.

5'11, 120 lbs.

When I had my armor FX, it was a little too big for me. Especially the thighs and the chest plate.

Here ----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I'm around 5' 8" and the FX fits me ok. I had to trim the chest a little and the thighs to get them smaller but nothing major. You should be fine I'd think :) you should go with a more accurate helmet though, if you can afford it. I just have the UK MR

QuPeE3D.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Youll run into all sorts of unique problems, like accidentaly hot gluing your Thermal Det together without the shiny strips.... ^.^

Nothing wrong with that. Technically there aren't any shiny stickers on the detenator ;) .

Lizzeh said:
I'm around 5' 8" and the FX fits me ok. I had to trim the chest a little and the thighs to get them smaller but nothing major. You should be fine I'd think :) you should go with a more accurate helmet though, if you can afford it. I just have the UK MR

QuPeE3D.jpg

Your Armor looks absolutly awesome with the MR-Helmet.I´m waiting for some parts for my FX(Canvasbelt and screenaccurate Buttons)..than I begin to build it,too.Could you send me a pic of your back thights?I must look,to make my bigger.

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

This may help clarify size. the FX kit is pretty versatile as far as fitting a wide range of sizes, from short to tall with relative ease and some trimming:

00-FX-ANH%20Armor%20Compared.jpg

ANH screenaccurate?I think the hands are ESB or ROTJ?But I´m no expert.

Thanks for this great pic..now I know,that I can never wear an original trooperarmor...haha..the FX is the right choise for me.;-)

In this case ANH is used to mean correctly sized to screen seen, not that this armor is 100% ANH correct.

Also note the FX there is using the older GF thighs.

This may help clarify size. the FX kit is pretty versatile as far as fitting a wide range of sizes, from short to tall with relative ease and some trimming:

00-FX-ANH%20Armor%20Compared.jpg

Outside of the lid on the FX, looks good for me. I got the MR CE bucket (should have it today if UPS decides to show). So now I just need the ...fun stuff. UPS just showed up!

BRB...gotta check it out..

DD.