Should I paint the inside of my helmet?

For a little work it helps with the illusion of who is in there, it makes it hard to see inside the helmet when it's dark in there ;)

So far, Tor Erik, I have had no "downsides".  I did my bucket with Plasti-Dip, (a black, rubberized coating), and even with the Florida heat it has held up really well.  It's all a matter of personal taste, and like Q said, it makes it harder for folks to see inside, especially if you have lots of electronics in there, i.e. fans, microphones, speakers, etc. 

I'd paint the inside green with a hint of red and white primer/top coat overspray.. not too sure about black as I've never seen any screen used lids with black inside them...

• Like 1

hey i'm new to painting stuff in general but lately i've heard all sorts of stuff like enamel is toxic, which i used Testors enamel to paint the inside of my helmet.

is this a reason to be worryed? also for those who have painted your helmet, is there anything you can do to get the paint smell out later?

I decided to do plasti-dip with cheesecloth in my interior (after a long discussion with Gazmosis). I finished the first coat last night and I'm really happy with the result. The interior looks like black kevlar and the helmet now has this nice weight to it. Plus the black looks pretty awesome. Once I get the second coat on I'll try to post a pic.

I'm not going to do any fans or electronics in there, just a harness to hold the piece steady on my head.

I will start my helmet (just got my armor today) and I will paint it in black with the plastic dip, I like the look of it. Question, I ordered a RomFX and I plan to add fan, will it still be easy to attached/fixed these or does the plasti-dip make it much too strong ?

Thanks folks