8351 requesting ANH Elite status.[19][FX]

Hi , brothers and sisters . I've been working on this for some time , and finally got my act together . Please have a look and tell me what you think . I'm a bit bent in some pics , I tore my right quad a couple of days before , and was having trouble standing straight .

adjusttk3.jpg

test2.jpg

Dscf2847.jpg

test3.jpg

I hope you can see my butt crack in that shot ;) if not , I'll get a better shot .

Dscf2850.jpg

Dscf2857.jpg

100_0684.jpg

100_0703.jpg

100_0682.jpg

100_0690.jpg

Oops , I've tried to post too many pictures .... double post it is ;)

Post number 2

test4.jpg

Hmmm , I really should have dropped one on the last post . Oh well , such is life .

Hopefully I've got everything right , but I await the word from my peers .

David .

Yeah, everything looks great, i don't know if Scott would want a closer pic of your AB buttons or not, I'm sure they are the right color...Nice holster by the way :D!

Looks like you have elite covered. Darn nice blaster BTW.

Only thing you may want to do in the future is trim the left thigh so the taper matches the right. It's easy as you just cut out a wedge with several inches coming off the bottom and almost none at the top.

Bernard , you my be right , hope this helps .

100_0705.jpg

They are from Ruff Terrain . The photo doesn't do them justice , it washes them out a bit .

Yeah , the holster aint bad ... some bloke by the name of Bernard whipped it up for me in his spare time ;)

Boss , I've just thieved a new set of thighs . I'll cut them less , but this set is really comfortable . And yeah , I love my E11 . It took me months to make , and cost me way too much money :)

Thanks for the comments guys , it's only an FX suit , and I'm a shortarse , but I'm happy with it :)

Fair enough, but it shows how good an FX suit can be made to look with a little work.

Down the line I'd also trim up the shoulder bells a bit so that they don't overlap the biceps as much. But that's such a minor nit really, like I said the suit looks great on you.

Paul , thanks heaps . It's really great to hear comments from the people who understand the need to improve on the basic model . Most of the TK's I know are happy as Larry with a basic kit , and good luck to them . I like to get it as right as possible . If I knew when I was buying what I know now , I'd have spent my dollars on a TE /TE2 / AP kit and been done with it .

I've been waiting on a set of "screen accurate " bells to come from the UK since Feb , but so far ... nothing .I've been putting off my application for Elite status for so long , I couldn't wait any longer . When they finally get here , I'll be a happy lad :)

David,

Excellent job!! I have a local TK friend who is not 5'10", and getting the FX to look good on a trooper who is less than the 5'10" is not easy; well done (hope you take no offense, none intended!!).

Elite status granted, but I have two un-official requests:

1) On the TD, almost all Elite troopers (maybe all, I would have to check), use some for of bankers clip for the TD. Here is a pic:

Submit3.jpg

See how the clips are used th hold the TD to the belt? I would like to see all TK's use this as their method (or something that provides a similar look) of attaching the TD. The standards do not spell it out, but it is more "canon".

2) Your bucket looks great, but I also see there appears to be a small lip/seam where your lenses connect to the inside on the eye holes. I believe a very small amount of filing/sanding/trimming will get that down, but I did notice it.

That being said, please know this is a great set of submission pics. Looks great, and I will get your Elite Pic done this weekend, and I will work with Paul to get it up on the page. Paul will you be so kind as to update David's profile?

Thanks, and well done trooper!!!

Well done Dave. :duim:

Welcome to the ranks. It's something to be proud of.

The E-11 looks real nice and the folding stock, even better. Take care of it whilst out trooping and getting to / from events.

Cheers for now,

Julian.

Thanks Scott , everyone , you guys make me proud to be part of the best detachment in the 501st .

Scott , I've got the lenses out of my bucket now , and I'm off to the shops to see if I can pick up a couple of money clips .

As always , a work in progress ...