Any thoughts on Celebration 8 location and ANH40th anniversary

Sly11

Do we know where C8 will be held, East Coast or West coast, considering it will be the ANH 40th anniversary.

I'm guessing they will possibly align the dates to tie in with a May 26th release .

I actually heard that they wanted it in Anaheim this year, but in order to do so, they broke a contract with the Convention center in Orlando, where they'd signed up for three consecutive ones there (this year should have been the second of the three).

If that is true, I'd be shocked if it were anywhere besides Orlando.

Coincedentally, if it is in Orlando - I'll see you all there.  LoL  That (tentative) plan has already been discussed with Mrs. Dark.  :D

• Like 3

I am happy either way, but I have never been to the east coast, so my planned trip will be far simpler if it is in Orlando.

As ANH was shown first in Manns Chinese theatre in Cali, just thought there may be the chance the organised might be feeling sentimental and place C8 back in Cali.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I actually heard that they wanted it in Anaheim this year, but in order to do so, they broke a contract with the Convention center in Orlando, where they'd signed up for three consecutive ones there (this year should have been the second of the three).

If that is true, I'd be shocked if it were anywhere besides Orlando.

Coincedentally, if it is in Orlando - I'll see you all there. LoL That (tentative) plan has already been discussed with Mrs. Dark. :D

Yes, I also have spoken with Mrs Sly and daughter Sly, let the saving begin.

I plan to do a fare bit of sightseeing in Orlando and New York.

Mrs Sly has insisted we go to Hawaii on the way home, for a few days R n R.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I hope it's Orlando. Orlando makes the most sense since there is a lot of convention space and hotel rooms right by the convention center. Plus it's easy to make into a vacation. If it were to be in.....Dallas it would work but I probably wouldn't go

• Like 1

I thought this was already 100% in Europe for 2016? Now Im all sorts of confused.

Don't be. Next celebration is in London. They are talking about the one after that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Don't be. Next celebration is in London. They are talking about the one after that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Oh ok. thanks. =]