CAP TK Armor on EBAY

Flyinpiper

Forgive me if this has been asked before. There is an Armor kit on EBAY, and being really new to the scene, I need your expert opinion if this is the real deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAP-TK-Stormtrooper-Armor-Kit-/321710934348?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae777494c

I have been trading e-mails with the seller, very friendly and helpful. He has told me these are 501 approved, he is the co-founder of the San Joquin group and all of his troopers wear this armor.

I have seen a couple brief references to CAP TK armor, but not listed in the vetted pages. I have seen way too many post's that say to steer clear of EBAY, just had to ask.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

I've seen this kit before too, from the photos it looks good and quite detailed, especially the face plate of the helmet.

Far from being an expert, the impression I have is NOT to buy from any people on ebay when it comes to armor, but on the off chance that this is someone that the 501st or FISD know of, i guess it's safe.

A lot of people lie about armor being "501st approved/ready."
But I guess you'll have to await the verdict of the rest of our merry batallion, to be honest.

I'm pretty sure this is one of Scootch's Custom Fab Shop kits. Although, I could be wrong. If I'm right, this listing is part of the 1% of ebay armor that is actually a good purchase, from an honest seller and member of the 501st.  :duim:   99% of stormtrooper armor on ebay is over-priced, recast crap and not 501st approvable.  

Yep, that's a Scootch. His product is really nice. I have one of his bucket in display, sharp details. But, you will need to paint the armor.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I bought some from him around this time last year. Over all it was pretty decent armor. The one down side I had was it was a bit to small for me. Although I am 5'10" 250lbs. So someone who is smaller then that maybe around 200 or less i bet it would fit pretty good. 

Isn´t any stated "501st approved" a straight lie?

As far as i understood there is no general 501st approval on any armor - each suit, no matter what manufacturer, has to be build to fit the person to be approved?

That is correct.

You can be  denied with a poorly fitted/built TM or RS and approved with a very nicely built Rubies (although that will be quite the challenge).