Anovos TK armor preorder

Good question, I was thinking about that too. My guess is no, because Rogue One was already filming with stormtroopers way back in mid-September, and the ANOVOS kits haven't been confirmed to have hit U.S. shores yet, as far as I know.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/rogue-one-star-wars-story-6451116

However, it's possible the ANOVOS folks got access to what armor is being used in Rogue One and that informed their design. I would hope so. :) If so, you would think ANOVOS would want everyone to know, because that would boost sales.

Edited by Astyanax

Darth Aloha the wise has spoken! Still no word of that mysterious friend who had received confirmation of his OT TK being shipped... I wish it was true but another false alarm! It this rate when it really does start shipping, no one will believe it

All the more to surprise you with lol

It would be cool to see some of these kits get built and painted up as the new Shock Troopers. Just invert the ab buttons, fuse the kidney/butt, assemble with the overlap method, and add the rubber trim.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Good question, I was thinking about that too. My guess is no, because Rogue One was already filming with stormtroopers way back in mid-September, and the ANOVOS kits haven't been confirmed to have hit U.S. shores yet, as far as I know.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/rogue-one-star-wars-story-6451116

However, it's possible the ANOVOS folks got access to what armor is being used in Rogue One and that informed their design. I would hope so. :) If so, you would think ANOVOS would want everyone to know, because that would boost sales.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had kits built earlier specifically for shooting the film. It wouldn't make sense to me that they would use their own "sharper" sculpt for the kits but not be producing them for the film. After all, the costume department needs costumes...why not go to a licensee?

The Rogue One TKs will definitely be canon.  They will wind up being their own costume in the Legion, just as the ANH, ESB, ROTJ, and TFA TKs have before them.

In looking at the photos that we've seen of them thus far, they appear to be a hybrid of ROTJ and ANH TK.  They are more clearly styled as the ANH TK (ab button orientation, hand guards) but they have the white rubber trim around the chest plate, etc.  The TDs appear to have colored sides, instead of being plain white also.  Tough to see the details in the helmets at this point in time outside of looking like they are assembled better this time around, as the one shot of the ears that can be seen looks to be very nicely shaped and attached - from a distance at least.

• Like 2

The Rogue One TKs will definitely be canon. They will wind up being their own costume in the Legion, just as the ANH, ESB, ROTJ, and TFA TKs have before them.

In looking at the photos that we've seen of them thus far, they appear to be a hybrid of ROTJ and ANH TK. They are more clearly styled as the ANH TK (ab button orientation, hand guards) but they have the white rubber trim around the chest plate, etc. The TDs appear to have colored sides, instead of being plain white also. Tough to see the details in the helmets at this point in time outside of looking like they are assembled better this time around, as the one shot of the ears that can be seen looks to be very nicely shaped and attached - from a distance at least.

And these new TKs will continue to have the TK designation lol Edited by TK 2759

For a 149$ helmet? OUCH!!! With Quebec's stupidly high sale taxes, the TK kit is gonna sting!!!

my bucket is the FO TK. so it was $200 when i ordered. and then there was tax for $28. and when you pay import duties its on the current price conversion.  so yeah. that really hurt/sucked.

But I hope I get it next week!

So let me get this straight, when they eventually post my TK kit to the UK they are going to charge me import tax on top of the $130 shipping plus the $350, both of which have already been paid? I may be wrong, I should probably message them about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by BlayneFitz

So let me get this straight, when they eventually post my TK kit to the UK they are going to charge me more money on top of the $130 shipping plus the $350, both of which have already been paid?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Depends if customs gets a hold of it... You may have to pay duty fees
  • Like 1

So I just saw this posted 2 minutes ago on Anovos's Facebook page...

ANOVOS Hi Matt, thank you for that. We are being careful to be more clear about shipping vs delivery. For example, the Original Trilogy Stormtrooper armor is currently on the way from the warehouse to our fulfillment center. From there, soft goods will be added to the boxes in the appropriate size, and then the entire package will ship to customers. The first kits *should* (always an estimate because of transportation delays, acts of God, etc.) be in customer hands in January (if not sooner). Hope this helps---we know the anticipation is unbearable! 

It would appear that they aren't even to the shipping warehouse yet so looks like December might be out.

Edited by mikidymac

So I just saw this posted 2 minutes ago on Anovos's Facebook page...

ANOVOS Hi Matt, thank you for that. We are being careful to be more clear about shipping vs delivery. For example, the Original Trilogy Stormtrooper armor is currently on the way from the warehouse to our fulfillment center. From there, soft goods will be added to the boxes in the appropriate size, and then the entire package will ship to customers. The first kits *should* (always an estimate because of transportation delays, acts of God, etc.) be in customer hands in January (if not sooner). Hope this helps---we know the anticipation is unbearable!

It would appear that they aren't even to the shipping warehouse yet so looks like December might be out.smile emoticon

Yeah, this whole December shipping thing is starting to unravel. Damn, I was so sure shipping notice would be sent this week. Doesn't make much difference because it's gonna take me months to build anyway but still...

Depends if customs gets a hold of it... You may have to pay duty fees

are you saying theres a chance they may or may not get hold of it? I contacted anovos anyway about it so i suppose I will find out soon-ish. if so i might just cancel the pre order and all the hours and hours of preparation and blaster building and research will be for nothing.

Edited by BlayneFitz

So let me get this straight, when they eventually post my TK kit to the UK they are going to charge me import tax on top of the $130 shipping plus the $350, both of which have already been paid?

Thats correct.

Off course you can back out before they start to ship to you. Then you get the already paid money back, without having to pay the import fees.

are you saying theres a chance they may or may not get hold of it? I contacted anovos anyway about it so i suppose I will find out soon-ish. if so i might just cancel the pre order and all the hours and hours of preparation and blaster building and research will be for nothing.

I would say "no chance".

It´s a chance you have with standard postal services, there a parcel might be go through uncontroled and without paying the charge (sometimes).

But the fedex system is much more "automated" regarding the do´s and don´ts.

I would say "no chance".

It´s a chance you have with standard postal services, there a parcel might be go through uncontroled and without paying the charge (sometimes).

But the fedex system is much more "automated" regarding the do´s and don´ts.

Ah fair enough, well thats slightly re-assuring anyway, thanks.

There's always a chance it may slip past...