Thighs to tall

I wanted to ask a quick question. I got my hard parts done of my armor. but notice my thighs are to tall and the tops jab into me when I try to sit, bend and all of that. is it ok to have flat horizontal thigh tops or do I need to have the thighs curved to a point?

Helping a friend with his buid, we had to cut 1 1/2" on top of his thighs. It could be to tall for you.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Hey Matthew, I had the exact same problem..  I ended up cutting about half an inch off the tops of mine.  Since you don't need the return edge, you can take off what you need.  I would suggest scribing a line to follow the contours, and taking off a small amount at a time, because once it's gone, it's gone!  You will be REALLY surprised at how much difference it will make!

Matthew, I ended up taking quite a lot off of mine and I'm 5'9. Like Joe said, use a pencil and do it in small amounts until you're happy. Just make sure you keep the contour the same and don't "round off" the tops like I've seen happen before. You want the top of your thighs to follow the cod piece like the group photo above.

In Vern's pic, it looks like more are trimmed down than not, almost 2 to 1.  Definitely safe to go for it!

On Vern's pic all thighs have the same length.

Matthew, i don't really understand what you mean by "flat horizontal thigh tops" but honestly it sounds bad to me. You should post a picture with the trim line you're envisaging if you want the guys to help you properly. 

And just so you know, it is normal if the thighs prevent you from sitting or bending too much. Try twisting them outwards with your hands before attempting to sit as it will certainly help you without having to trim anything.

Matthew, perhaps you could use a "China marker" or grease pencil to draw on the area of your thigh you have the question about, and then post a pic.