Armor for the Vertically Challenged....

Hey all,

I have been reading build thread after build thread trying to learn as much as I can the past few weeks.

I know I am going with TK ANH Hero armor.  I keep coming back to TM armor but I have a question.

In the majority of the threads I have found regarding fitment, most seem to be focused on which vendor's armor works best for taller or larger troopers.

I have not seen much on which armor might be best to start out with for those of us who are a bit vertically challenged (5'8.5").

Any advice here would be greatly appreciated!

Bob

Edited by bobio

I am just trying to think ahead and make sure I am starting with armor that "for me" might not need as much trimming.

I think what got me thinking about this is a thread the other day where Paul (troopermaster) mentioned the "desired 5'10" height" when talking about trimming armor.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/30655-paul-mc-2mm-tm-armour-build-pictures/?p=393362

I have noticed in build and submission threads how the gaps tend to close up for guys my size.

It is just the OCD in me but I want to try and avoid as much of that as I can :)

I am fairly certain I am going with TM armor, might just pay off for me to have Paul trim for height as he mentions in the thread above...

Edited by bobio

Hey Bob. At your height you could go with pretty much any armor that is screen derived. Maybe I wouldn't look into RT-Mod but I believe all of the rest will be the same amount of trimming.

I really wouldn't be too worried about doing some of the trimming yourself, Bob.  I did a LOT of trimming on mine, but only after lots of research.  You can always post photos of your proposed cuts, and get lots of great advice here.  It's amazing what you can do with some Lexan scissors, a Dremel, and some sandpaper.  Measure 4 times, cut once.  Best of luck on your build!

Just to provide more info on different body types...... Im 6'1" 155lbs. I have an ATA kit (TK ANH-S) It fits me perfectly. I did ALOT of trimming and heat bending etc. but that seems to be standard for people building different kits to fit you the way you want it to. I hope that helps. Good luck with whatever kit you decide on. Cheers!  :dancing-trooper:

Believe me, I had ZERO experience with building anything close to this. But, after doing the research here and watching the video tutorials, it wasn't all that hard. Just A LOT of steps and A LOT of patience.

Once you've done a few pieces, you'll get a feel on how to work with the material. Trimming the armor to fit your size is not hard at all. And honestly, even if you mess up, there are ways you can fix it.....it can be repaired or you can always purchase that specific piece again from the vendor for relatively cheap.

Edited by hon143